If you bought your flight through Avianca then you don't need to worry. Avianca Airlines' cancellation policy enables you to do so without paying a fine.
Avianca Flights Cancellations And Refund Policy Details
If a passenger wishes to cancel a flight, the passenger must be aware of the airline's cancellation policy. The details a flyer should remember as they apply to the policy are listed below.
- If visitors can cancel their tickets within 24 hours of the booking period, no fee is to be paid as per the 24-hour cancellation policy.
- If your ticket is refundable, you can cancel it within 24 hours of purchasing it and receive a full refund from Avianca if you need to change your flight. However, you may need to pay a cancellation fee.
- If you have a non-refundable flight ticket after 24 hours, a cancellation fee of up to $600 USD will be charged.
- If a reservation is made more than seven days before the date of departure, the passenger has 24 hours to cancel it on the same day.
- If you make your reservation more than 7 days before your desired departure date, there will be no cancellation fee.
- If you have bought your Brazil ticket then you can cancel it within 7 days of purchase which is refundable.
- For Colombia, it is a 10% cut-off fee. You will get your refund within 30 calendar days.
How Do I Cancel My Flight on Avianca Airways?
It’s straightforward to cancel your flight ticket at Avianca Airline, go to the official website, or visit the airport. After 24 hours, once you cancel your flight, the airline will charge up to 600 USD based on domestic and international flights. The flyer can follow the below-mentioned steps and opt for flight cancellation according to their choice.
Cancel Flight Online
- Go to the official website and log on to your account.
- Passengers can enter their last names for confirmation.
- Simply click the "cancel" option, complete the form, and provide the passenger's name, booking number, and any other information requested.
- Submit the form.
- If your tickets are eligible for cancellation, the charge will automatically be cut from the total fare value.
- After submitting the full refund form, you will receive confirmation mail or a message regarding the cancellation.
Canceling Your Flight within 24 Hours of Booking
Almost all airlines accept the 24-hour cancellation policy, and Avianca follows the same. Before canceling your flights under Avianca's cancellation policy of 24 hours, recognize the following terms.
- According to the 24-hour cancellation policy rule, there is no fee if the visitor can cancel their ticket within 24 hours of the booking period.
- The traveler receives a complete reimbursement back to their account within 24 hours, at least seven days following the flight's departure.
- The visitors will have to pay the cancellation charge to cancel the flight after the scheduled departure.
- If the passenger purchases tickets from a third party won’t get the benefits of a 24-hour cancellation policy.
How to Get Avianca Airline Compensation?
Avianca Airlines often needs to comply when you request a refund for a non-refundable flight.
- Visit the website to get a refund for Avianca flight cancellation compensation.
- The airline will acknowledge your flight cancellation and determine if you are eligible for a refund of your airline ticket.
- Tap the blue "Continue" button after entering your full name, email address (twice), address, and phone number.
- You must provide any additional documentation required for a refund.
- Then, a confirmation number will be issued to the email address you have on file.
- If you paid for your flights with credit cards, you could anticipate receiving your refund within 7 business days. Contact Avianca Airlines' call center at +1 800-722-8222 if you still need to get it.