Want to cancel your Avianca Airlines flight, but have zero information about Avianca cancellation policy? No worries, this article will provide you with all the details that you need to know before you cancel the flight or claim a refund.
Avianca Flights Cancellations And Refund Policy Details
If a passenger wishes to cancel a flight, then he/she should be aware of the airline's cancellation policy. The details a flyer should remember are listed below.
- You will not have to pay any penalties if you cancel your flight on the same day of booking i.e. within 24 hours.
- If you have a refundable ticket, then you can cancel your flight at any time without paying a penalty.
- If you have a non-refundable flight ticket and you cancel your reservation after 24 hours, then a cancellation fee of up to $600 USD will be charged.
- If a reservation is made more than seven days before the date of departure, then you have 24 hours to cancel it on the same day.
- If you have any genuine reason to cancel your flight then you may get a refund.
- If you do not show up at the airport or do not complete your Avianca check in or boarding procedure then the airline will cancel your itinerary and you won’t be able to get any refund or travel credit.
How Do I Cancel My Flight on Avianca Airlines?
To cancel a flight online, the below-given pointers can be helpful;
- Go to the official website and log on to your account.
- Then enter your last name for confirmation.
- Simply click the "cancel" option, complete the form
- In the form, you will have to provide the details such as name, booking number, and any other information requested.
- Submit the form.
- If your tickets are eligible for cancellation and charges, then the amount automatically will get cut from the total fare value.
- Then you will receive a confirmation mail or a message regarding the cancellation.
How to Avoid Paying Avianca Flight Cancellation Fees?
To avoid paying Avianca flight cancellation fees, you can consider the following options:
Review the Airline's Cancellation Policy
Familiarize yourself with Avianca Airlines Cancellation Policy before booking your flight. Look for any exceptions or provisions that may allow you to cancel or change your flight without incurring a fee. Check if Avianca offers a flexible cancellation policy for certain circumstances, such as medical emergencies or natural disasters or not.
Purchase Flexible or Refundable Tickets
When booking your flight, consider purchasing flexible or refundable tickets. These types of tickets often come with more lenient cancellation policies, allowing you to make changes or cancel your flight without penalties. However, flexible or refundable tickets are usually more expensive than standard fares.
Consider Travel Insurance
Travel insurance can provide coverage for flight cancellations, depending on the policy you choose. Read the terms and conditions of the insurance carefully to understand what is covered and any applicable deductibles or limitations.
Document Legitimate Reasons for Cancellation
If you have a legitimate reason for canceling your flight, such as a sudden illness or a family emergency, document the situation with supporting evidence, such as medical certificates or official documents.
Contact Avianca Customer Service
If you find yourself needing to cancel your flight and none of the above options apply, it's worth reaching out to Avianca's customer service directly. Explain your situation and politely ask if they can waive or reduce the cancellation fee as a gesture of goodwill. Although not guaranteed, Avianca may accommodate your request, especially if there are extenuating circumstances.
Steps to Claim a Refund
Dealing with flight cancellations can be frustrating, but claiming a refund doesn't have to be a daunting task. Here are some steps you can follow to get your refund easily;
- Make sure you have all the necessary information handy, including your booking reference number, flight date, and any other relevant documentation.
- Visit Avianca's official website or contact their customer service to familiarize yourself with the Avianca refund policy. This will give you a clear understanding of your eligibility for a refund and other specific requirements.
- Check if you purchased a refundable or non-refundable ticket. Refundable tickets generally offer more flexibility and are easier to refund, while non-refundable tickets may have certain restrictions.
- Then provide the concerned agent with your flight details and a concise explanation of why your flight was canceled.
- Avianca will guide you through the refund process. They may also ask you to fill out a refund request form, provide supporting documents, or follow specific procedures. Carefully read and follow their instructions to ensure a smooth refund process.
- Keep a record of all your interactions with Avianca, including dates, times, names of representatives you spoke with, and any reference numbers provided. This documentation will be useful in case of any further issues or disputes.
- Refunds can take time to process, so it's important to be patient. Avianca's customer service will provide you with an estimated timeline for your refund. If you haven't received your refund within the specified period, you can follow up with them for an update.
- If you're facing challenges or delays in obtaining a refund directly from Avianca, you can explore other avenues. For instance, if you purchased your ticket using a credit card, contact your card issuer to inquire about their dispute resolution process. They may be able to assist you in getting your money back.