American, French, and African cultures prosper in this city of Louisiana. With flights to New Orleans, you will land in the "most unique" city in the US.
Learn a lot on your journey to New Orleans and encounter distinctive dialects and music.
About New Orleans
New Orleans is a city in Louisiana, US. The vibrant music, amazing food, etc. makes this city a desired destination.
During the celebration of a colorful festival called Mardi Gras, the city becomes fully alive. Parades, parties, and performances on the streets will overwhelm you at this festival.
New Orleans is known for its jazz music. The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival takes place in April every year. A lineup of local and international musicians is featured during this time of the year.
The famous cuisine of this city has a blend of French, Spanish, African and Native American influences.
Exceptional Attractions of New Orleans
A remarkable place to visit, New Orleans includes many worthwhile places to see.
- National WWII Museum: This museum is devoted to the history of World War II. Interactive displays and artifacts are featured at this place. You can learn about the men and women who fought in the war.
- French Quarter: This is the oldest and most famous neighborhood in New Orleans. Its historic architecture, lively nightlife, and delicious food makes it a well-known place. The popular Bourbon street is also located here.
- Audubon Zoo and Aquarium: These both attractions are located in Audubon Park and will offer you the chance to see a variety of animals and marine life.
- New Orleans City Park: This park is in 1,300 acres of area and is home to several attractions. There is a Museum of Art, a botanical garden, and a sculpture garden in this park.
- Preservation Hall: This music venue is very famous in New Orleans. It is mainly known for its traditional jazz performances. You can enjoy live music in an intimate setting and experience the city's vibrant music scene.
- Mardi Gras World: By visiting this place, you can get a behind-the-scenes look at the Mardi Gras celebrations, including the elaborate floats and costumes.
How to Book Cheap Flights To New Orleans?
- Be flexible with your dates while booking your ticket if you want to get a cheap fare.
- The cheapest one-way ticket to New Orleans can cost you only $43.
- A round-trip for the cheapest can be around $93.
- The day for flights with the cheapest fares is Monday.
- The most expensive travel day of the week for traveling to New Orleans is Thursday.
- Booking your ticket at least 26 days beforehand can help you find cheap flights.
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
New Orleans International Airport got its name from the famous jazz musician, Louis Armstrong. It is located approx 11 miles west of downtown New Orleans. MSY won Best Airport recognition in 2022 for serving 5-15 million passengers in a year.
The official administrative hours of this airport are 8 am to 5 pm. Other than that, MSY is open 24 hours every day. The fastest flights to New Orleans take approximately 3 hours and 55 minutes.
This airport has one terminal and three concourses. There are 35 gates in total at the terminal. New Orleans Airport is the third lowest-lying international airport in the world.
New Orleans Regional Transit Authority provides public transportation to and from the airport. Car rentals, taxis, and shuttle services are also available at MSY.
|Airport Name||Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport|
|Destination City Name||New Orleans|
|Most Popular Airlines||British Airways, United Airlines, American Airlines|