Want to explore an island that is a wonderland in itself? Flights to the Bahamas will let you explore the stunning world-famous beaches.
Traveling to this wonderful place will create blissful lifelong memories. So, go on an adventure to this beach vacation spot.
The Bahamas Overview
The Bahamas is a magnificent island nation in the Caribbean Sea. It is an archipelago comprising around 3,000 subtropical islands and cays.
This island is very popular for its emerald beaches, and exotic culture.
The Bahamas got its independence from the Britishers in the year 1973. The language spoken in this country is English and the currency is the Bahamian dollar.
It attracts millions of travelers each year. The largest contributor to the Bahamas' economy is the industry of tourism.
Popular Destinations in the Bahamas
- Atlantis Paradise Island - A massive resort hotel is the Bahamas' top attraction. There is a number of options to entertain you in this resort. It has a water park, an aquarium, and a casino too. You can stay at this resort for $400 per night and explore its top-notch restaurants.
- Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park - A home to an abundance of marine life and the most striking seascapes. You can explore the park's coral reefs, and mangrove swamps, or just enjoy sunbathing on its sandy beaches.
- Queen's Staircase - To see panoramic views of the capital of the Bahamas, Nassau, visit this extraordinarily beautiful handmade staircase. There are 66 steps in total and they lead to Fort Fincastle.
- Andros Island - This large island is best known for its natural beauty. If you seek an adventure in the Bahamas, explore this island as there are caves and forests. You can also enjoy snorkeling and fishing here.
- Art Gallery of the Bahamas - Not just a gallery but a museum in Nassau, devoted to the history of the island. The work of Bahamian artists is on display in this art gallery.
- Pink Sands Beach - This beach is on Harbour Island. It is popularly known for its stunning pink sand and turquoise waters. Pink Sands Beach can be your best choice for swimming and snorkeling in the Bahamas.
Some Points for Booking Cheap Flights To The Bahamas
- Flying to the Bahamas on Tuesday can provide you with a cheap fare as compared to other days.
- If you book your ticket 60 days prior to your departure, you can get cheap flights.
- The cheapest round-trip ticket to the Bahamas is $187.
- You can book your one-way flight to the Bahamas for as less as $61.
- Flying with a budget airline can help you in getting much cheaper fares than the other major airlines.
- In case you fly frequently to different destinations but with one airline only, then you should sign-up for their reward programs for cheap flight booking.
Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS)
Lynden Pindling International Airport is in New Providence of Nassau, Bahamas. It got its name after the first prime minister of the country.
NAS Airport also serves as a hub for private aviation, Many facilities are offered for private jets. The time for the fastest flights to the Bahamas is around 55 minutes.
This airport has three terminals in total. Terminal C specially serves the flights departing to the US.
There are many shopping options available at NAS. You can go on a spree at the Duty-Free, Bahamian Crafts and Gifts, and Newsstands.
You can get to and from the NAS via several methods. Car rentals, shuttles, taxis, etc. offer their services at this airport. You can also enjoy going on a water taxi by paying $6 for the ticket. Jitneys is a local name for buses in the Bahamas and they are as cheap as $1.50 for a ride to downtown Nassau and Cable Beach.
|Airport Name||Lynden Pindling International Airport|
|Destination City Name||The Bahamas|
|Most Popular Airlines||Bahamasair, Western Air, SkyBahamas Airlines, Silver Airways, Delta Air Lines|