According to the Turkish Airlines Pet Policy, you can travel with your pet domestically as well as internationally. You must inform the airline about your pet in advance as their pet policy is first come first served.
Contact the airlines before booking your ticket and make sure your dog, cat, or bird will be allowed on your flight. You will also need to pay a pet fee to travel with your friend.
What Are The Turkish Airlines Pet Policy Conditions?
- Pets can be carried on Turkish Airlines flights both in the passenger cabin (PETC) and in the cargo compartment (AVIH).
- Along with this, as per the instructions of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, a health certificate has to be submitted before traveling abroad.
- If you are in the UK then pets cannot be taken on those Turkish Airlines flights.
- Pet cats, dogs, and small songbirds such as parrots, and canaries can be taken with passengers in the cabin.
- In addition, two animals of the same species can be carried in the cabin. Also, two familiar birds, two cats, or two dogs can be taken in the same crate. But their maximum weight limit should not exceed 8 kg.
- A maximum of three animals born from the same mother that is 10 to 24 weeks old may be taken in the same crate.
- A maximum of two adult animals of the same species up to a maximum weight of 14 kg for dogs and 10 kg for cats can be carried on board the aircraft and they must also be familiar with each other. With this, if you can take a 4 kg dog and 10 kg cat, but their own crate should be separate.
- This airline does not accept cats on the same flight as birds.
- Some dogs such as the Bull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Japanese Tosa, Rottweiler, and Mastiff are not acceptable.
- If you are planning to take a pregnant pet and kittens/puppies under the age of 10 weeks, this is not acceptable according to the Turkish Pet Policy.
- For both Turkish Airlines carry on and checked pets, passengers must obtain approval at least 6 hours prior to departure time.
- Pets carried in the cabin may be carried in a cage of maximum dimensions 23 x 30 x 40 cm (H x W x L) with a maximum weight not exceeding 8 kg.
- Turkish Airlines recommends that pets over 14 kg be carried as a separate carry-on.
Turkish Required Documentation
- You need to give certified proof of rabies vaccination.
- The travel form for the pet should be duly signed by the owner of the pet and should be presented at the time of the Turkish Airlines check in process.
- For traveling internationally along with the pet, additional documents are required.
- As per the weight policy for PETC to/from Turkey it will charge 70 USD as well as 35 USD for Intermediate flights.
- According to the weight policy for AVIH to/from Turkey it will take 140 USD plus 70 USD for Intermediate flights.
Service animals (SVAN)
This airline only allows service dogs to board our flights. Service dogs are trained to do tasks to help out their owner or individuals with any kind of disability. Individuals with physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability can bring service dogs of any breed or type.
Guidelines for traveling with service Dogs
- Service dogs are only allowed to board the flight on routes of Istanbul-USA and USA-Instanbul with U.S DoT regulations.
- All the passengers planning to travel with their service dog should provide the necessary documents and confirm their booking 48 hours prior to the departure of the flight.
- If you are traveling with SVAN on the Instabul-USA route, you must complete the forms of U.S. Department of Transportation Service Animal Air Transportation and U.S. Department of Transportation Service Animal Relief Attestation. This should be done 48 hours before the departure of the flight.
- After completing the forms, share them with email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for exit from the Istanbul station and email@example.com for exit from the United States.
- You won't be able to board the flight if these forms aren't completed.