United Airlines is a major airline in the US in Chicago. Small pets (dogs and cats) can travel in-cabin with you on this carrier. For a happy flight, you can enjoy the facilities of United Airlines' pet policy.
What is the United’s Pet Policy?
- Pets travel in the cabin with United Airlines has a special policy for pets that fall under the PetSafe program.
- If you are planning to travel for domestic flights, then this airline allows pets between the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America, and South America, as well as in-cabin flights to Hawaii. Can't do it.
- You are planning to travel internationally but have an in-cabin animal restriction. In-cabin pets are not allowed in Australia, New Zealand, or Micronesia.
United Airlines In-Cabin Pet Policy
United Airlines permits small, domesticated cats and dogs to travel in the cabin on flights within the continental United States (not Hawaii).
By providing your and your pets' confirmation number, you can easily check-in for your flight.
A special tag is also given for your pets' carrier by United Airlines.
Requirements For Pet Travel
For traveling with your pet on United Airlines, there are some rules which you should abide by
- You have a valid rabies vaccination certificate from your pet's veterinarian.
- Their age should be 6 months old at least.
- Should be healthy while traveling and arrive at their designated area.
Pet Booking on United Airlines
Interested in bringing your pet with you on the carrier of United Airlines?
- While booking your ticket on united.com, just select "Travel with a Pet."
- If you want to reserve your pet on your existing flight, you can do it by going to My Trips on their site and adding a pet.
- Please remember that you cannot add your pet on the app of United Airlines.
Carrier For Your Pets
United only allows service animals to travel without a pet carrier. Other than that, your dog or cat has to fly within a pet carrier only. Your pet can travel either in a hard-side or a soft-side carrier.
The hard-sided carrier has to be in the dimensions:
19cm high, 44cm long, and 30cm wide.
The dimensions of the soft-sided carrier should be:
27cm high, 45cm long, and 27cm wide.
However, there is only one restriction while traveling with your pet on United Airlines. You have to keep your pet inside its carrier all the time during the flight. They should be able to sit and stand comfortably inside it.
Travel Fees For Pets
United Airlines accepts a fee of $125 one way for traveling with your pet. You will be charged $125 extra if your flight has a layover of 4 hours or more within the US or more than 24 hours in some other country.
Countries Where You Can Fly With Your Pet
If your landing destination allows the entry of your pet, you can travel with them on United Airlines.
Reserve your pet's seat on this carrier by calling 1-800-864-8331.
Some countries where your pet cannot fly in the United are
If you have a flight from Guam to Honolulu or Tokyo, then your pet can travel under some specific guidelines.
Service Animals Travel
United accepts service animals to fly for free on the carrier.
- Your service animal should be a dog. The breed or type of your pet does not matter.
- Your pet should be over 4 months of age.
- Pets have proper training regarding your disability.
- You can travel with 2 service dogs maximum.
Military Pet Travel
United Airlines offer US military personnel to transport their pets on a flight between Guam and Honolulu.
There are some rules for eligibility for military pet travel.
- You have to book your pets' seats 5 to 10 days before traveling. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Presenting your ticket is important for the reservation of your pet.
- Four pets are allowed on flights from Guam to Honolulu.
- Two pets can fly from Honolulu to Guam.
- The weight of your pet and the carrier should be 99.9 pounds combined.
Tips For Traveling With Your Pet
For having a smooth flight experience with your pet on United Airlines, down below we have given some tips:
- Bring the caring essentials of your pet. Keep their leash, treats, and plastic bags while traveling.
- It is recommended to bring your pet's favorite toy or blanket to keep them stress-free on the flight.
You should always know that United Airlines' pet policy is a time-changing subject, so it's always a good idea to double-check the policy before booking your flight.
You can find the latest information on the policy on United Airlines website. You can also contact customer care for the same.