Are you planning to visit Tampa from New York? Well, might be it business or a vacation, but the best way to get there is to fly. There are numerous New York to Tampa flights that you can find, some are direct others get there with some layovers. But still covering the distance is easiest with flight.
Now, Will the flights be cheap? Certainly not, but if you know the right trick, you can make it a big yes. We will be elevating your knowledge to choose the right flight for this route here. Interested? Read along to learn important facts before booking your flights.
Route from LGA to TPA
New York(LGA) to Tampa is a long distance of about 1010 miles (1625 Kilometers). A non-stop flight takes around 3 hours from LGA to TPA on average. Delta Airlines provides the fastest flight time of 2 hours 45 minutes for this route and the time spent in the air is 2 hours 25 minutes. There are various non-stop and connecting New York Tampa flights that serve daily.
Best Airlines Serving LGA to TPA Flight
The most difficult part of planning a trip is to choose which airline to fly with. There are several airlines that fly direct and also layover fights from LGA to TPA. However, based on service, amenities, and pricing we have listed a few top-tier airlines for you to consider.
- Being a focused route for Frontier Airlines, you will find several flights for this route within a day. The cheapest Frontier flight for Tampa from New York is $32. The airlines majorly focus on flying a high number of passengers with the lowest fares possible. So you will get all the basic amenities along with the added advantage of rescheduling in case of emergency.
- JetBlue Airways is an airline with low-cost fares and has direct flights from New York to Tampa. There are 4 daily flights from LGA to TPA and the cheapest flight costs $69 for this route. With JetBlue’s frequent flyer program, TrueBlue you can earn points on your flights to Tampa from New York. You can redeem these points later on or even during this journey as well.
- Delta is one of the largest carriers in the United States and offers non-stop flights to Tampa from New York. Delta Airlines has 3 daily flights from LGA to TPA and the cheapest flight costs $54 for this route. Delta's frequent flyer program is one of the best-rated in the US. You can use the accumulated points to upgrade seats, added amenities, Sky Club access, and many more.
How to Find Cheap Flights from New York(LGA) to Tampa(TPA)
Finding cheap flights from New York to Tampa is not tough anymore, all you need to do is follow these tips and you will surely grab amazing deals on your tickets.
- During the month of December the average price increases by 27% so you must avoid buying during this time. But during the month of January you can easily grab a deal of 26% decreased prices.
- The average price for this route is $255 however, you will be shocked to know that the cheapest flight for this route was $54. So keep your eyes open as you might be the next lucky one to grab such a discount.
- If you really want cheap flights for this route, consider booking a flight with a layover, as a direct flight costs much higher than connecting flights.
This airport was opened in 1939 and since then it has been serving the general public. Today this airport serves more than 30 million passengers each year and has a total of 2 runways. It is located in a prime location within New York City and is a hub for American and Delta Airlines.
Opened in 1971 the airport incorporates a total of 160 acres of land. Yearly, it serves more than 21 million passengers and has a total of 3 operational runways. It is a hub for Silver Airways and is mainly focused on Breeze Airways and Frontier Airlines.