Best WestJet UNMR policy is offered to remove the worries of the parents in that they will take good care of their child during the journey. For all this, they are very nominal charges for unaccompanied minors.
WestJet Unaccompanied Minor Policy
There are some rules and regulations parents need to see and consider at the time of making the reservation for their children:
- The child should be under the age of 8- 11 years
- For children who are 12-17 years old, this Unaccompanied Minor booking is optional for them.
- The airline will not take the child on the flight under unaccompanied minors if the child is blind or deaf.
- The child who is traveling with the service dog is not allowed to travel under this UMNR.
- A child who has an allergy that requires an epinephrine auto-injector or needs any other kind of medication assistance is not allowed to fly under the UMNR.
- Children should know to communicate in English or French language.
- Unaccompanied Minor can only fly the Canadian cities airline is not providing this policy to the United States on any other international destinations.
- This program of WestJet UMNR Policy is only applicable on the flights operated by WestJet Airline.
- The child can travel only the direct flight not allowed on connecting flights.
- Do not choose the early flights like 5:30 am or late night flights like arriving after 10 pm. The airline will not allow the child for these times.
WestJet UMNR Fee
Below are the fares:
- The unaccompanied minor who is under the age of 8-11 years can travel and fees for this are $100 USD plus taxes each way.
- Children who are under 12-17 years can also opt for this policy and fees will be the same $100 USD plus taxes each way.
Here's a table outlining the fees and conditions for WestJet Airlines UMNR:
UMNR Service Fees (each way)
$100 USD+ taxes
Domestic Flights within the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico
Children aged 8-11 years old
Service includes UMNR
Children who are under the age of 8-11 years old are very small to take on their own responsibilities. So the airline will assist them under the UMNR policy which will be with them through their journey.
- The child needs assistance with the baggage and Westjet check-in airline provides the attendant for an unaccompanied minor. The attendant will help them do complete this.
- The attendant will accompany the child at security and to the gate
- There is a pre-boarding for the unaccompanied minor attendant who will help with the pre-boarding and seating.
- The attendant will deliver the child to the parent or guardian authorized for the child after checking the legal Id proof.
There is a number of requirements airlines want after booking a reservation for unaccompanied minors:
- The child should travel on the WestJet airline only not any other airline.
- Once the child comes for the check-in he/she should have a confirmation number or a ticket number
- The unaccompanied minor should have all the required documents for travel.
- After dropping the child-parent should wait at the gate only until the flight take off
- A parent should arrange the schedules by keeping in mind delays
- Parents or guardians should arrive at the airport 90 minutes before the departure
- The guardian or parents who are dropping off or picking up the child should be more than 18 years old.
Guardian Fare Program
- The age of the child should be between 2-11 years and the age of the parent should be at least 18 years.
- Guardian fare booking will be through WestJet Special Care Desk.
- Boeing B787 Dreamliner flights are not eligible for the Guardian Fares program.
- Only one adult can use the discounted fare, but they can bring along as many minors as they want.
- At the time of departure, two persons may be designated as guardians.
- The departure time of the parent's return flight should not be more than 24 hours after the original flight time.
Book a Flight for a Minor with WestJet Airlines
Online booking is not possible on the WestJet Airline for Unaccompanied Minor Booking because of some security and legal reasons. Just call directly to customer service at 1888-937-8538.
Here are some steps you need to follow for booking the tickets for UMNR at the airport:
- Go directly to the WestJet Airline Ticket Counter
- Inform them you want to make a booking for an unaccompanied minor
- Ask for the available flight details suitable for unaccompanied minors or you can also tell the flight preference if you already research it.
- The agent will ask you for the details of the passenger and the legal documents required.
- You need to fill in the details of the guardian who is going to pick up the child
- Once the formalities of UMNR policy are done agent asks for the payment
- The agent will provide you with the booking details.