Southwest Airlines Portland Airport, Check-in, and Baggage Options:
Portland International Airport
TERMINAL PHONE NUMBER
7000 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97218
What Terminal Is Southwest At Portland International Airport?
Below are the details for Southwest Portland (PDX) Terminal:
Arrivals and Departures Terminal (PDX):
Southwest operates from Terminal Concourse C at Portland International Airport (PDX) for all arrivals and departures. This is applicable for both domestic and international flights at Portland (PDX) Airport.
- Southwest Airlines Terminal Concourse C includes Gates: C: 12-16, 18 at Portland (PDX) Airport.
- To obtain assistance regarding the Portland International Airport (PDX) terminal, please dial the telephone number +1 503-460-4234.
- Southwest Airlines offers 110 flights each week from PDX airport to different cities.
- On weekdays, there are 8 cities with nonstop flights from PDX, and on weekends, there are 10 cities.
About Portland International Airport (PDX) and Its Facilities
Portland Airport has been serving travelers since 1957. It is one of the largest joint civil-military airports in the United States. The airport is small and not very crowded which enables the passengers to get through the airport procedures easily and swiftly. Southwest Airlines Portland Airport has a complete set of services designed in a way that provides complete comfort to passengers who would be visiting the airport. A few services that you would want to know about at the Southwest Portland Terminal are listed below:
- Portland Airport offers to help you pick up a rental car at the airport, which works out well for people who are new in their city. To book a rental car, you can visit https://www.flypdx.com/GroundTransportation/RentalCar page, and fill in your pickup and drop location along with the date you want to rent the car.
- For all the big foodies out there, the airport has multiple food joints for you. While waiting for your flight, you can go and enjoy the delicacies from Caffe, Yum, Cha Cha Cha, Jamba, Portland Coffee Roasters, Starbucks, and many others.
- The airport also has free WiFi and internet access placed in different areas of the airport, for you to entertain yourself or if you have some important work to do while waiting at the airport.
- Many international passengers arrive at the Southwest Terminal PDX, and for them, the airport has a currency exchange service, which enables them to collect the required currency to continue with their journey.
Transportation Facilities To Travel To/From Portland Airport
Traveling to an unknown place can be very daunting if you are not aware of the transportation facility of that place. But not anymore. In the context that has been mentioned below, you can find all the transportation guides that will help you to move around without any fuss;
- The MAX Light Rail is the most popular way to get to and from PDX. The Red Line has a station on the airport's lower level, and it takes riders from the airport to downtown in approximately 38 minutes. The fare is $2.50 for a single ride or $5 for a day pass.
- Taxis are available 24 hours a day, and they can be found at the taxi stand on the lower level of the airport. The fare to downtown Portland is approximately $35.
- There are a number of shuttle companies that offer transportation to and from PDX. Shuttles can be a good option if you are traveling with a group or if you have a lot of luggage.
- There are a number of car rental companies located at PDX. This is a good option if you are planning on doing some sightseeing or visiting other parts of Oregon. Some of the companies are Alamo, Sixt, Budget, and Dollar.
- You can also book a ride-sharing cab like Uber or Lyft to reach your destination.
Destinations Covered By Southwest Flights To Portland Airport
Southwest Terminal Portland Airport covers plenty of destinations for travelers to explore. Some destinations are by direct flight, and for some, you'll need to take a connecting flight. The prices of both direct and connecting flights differ from each other.
Direct Flights Connecting To Portland
Travelers coming from certain cities can get a direct flight to Portland Airport. Usually, the prices for direct flights are higher than the connecting flights. Therefore choose your flight ticket wisely. Some of the cities having direct flights to Portland Airport are:
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Palm Springs
- San Jose
Connecting Flights To Portland
If you're looking for an affordable flight to Portland Airport, you might consider booking a connecting flight, although it may take more time. This could help you save money on your trip. Some cities that offer connecting flights to Portland Airport include:
- Fort Myers
- Los Angeles