Book a flight with Southwest Airlines because this low-cost carrier offers the best deals and cheaper fares for all destinations. Southwest Airlines which was earlier known as Southern West Airlines or SWA, is one of the world's largest carriers. It serves 99 million passengers yearly. Moving forward the airline has made the booking process more easier by switching to the online booking mode.
About Southwest Airlines
March 15, 1967
Dallas, Texas, U.S.
Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago-Midway, Dallas-Love, Denver, Houston-Hobby, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando
Call Southwest's booking department at 1-800-435-9792 to book flights and manage reservations.
- This is considered to be the largest low-cost carrier operating in 11 countries and covering 121 destinations.
- This Airline was established in 1967 and started its operations in 1971.
- Currently, this Airline offers flights to 42 states in the US.
- It began operations from Dallas Love Field to San Antonio Airport in Texas.
- However, so far, it has scheduled flights to more than 100 destinations including international flights to San Juan Puerto Rico. These include flights to Caribbean destinations such as flights to Aruba, flights to Grand Cayman, flights to Havana, and flights to Montego Bay Jamaica.
- This Airline also has daily flights to popular Central American destinations such as flights to Belize City, flights to Liberia in Costa Rica, and flights to San Jose Costa Rica.
- In the year 2019, Southwest Airlines which is commonly known as Southwest.
- It began its operations in the islands of Hawaii and currently offers nonstop flights to Hilo (ITO), flights to Honolulu (HNL) Oahu, flights to Kahului (OGG) Maui, flights to Kona (KOA).
- This Airline primarily covers domestic flights in the United States and offers approximately 3000 flights daily including non-stop flights and connecting flights.
- Recently Southwest Airlines introduced a new fleet of Boeing 737 Max. and uses around 771 aircraft mostly Boeing 737 jetliners.
Destinations and Hubs
Booking an international flight with southwest airlines through its hub can help you find non-stop flights as Southwest uses a point-to-point-based operation module therefore you will not need to change the aircraft while traveling to regional airports.
Being one of the major low-cost carriers in the United States, Southwest covers 121 destinations. 80 percent of domestic passengers use SWA flights.
There are 11 hubs of Southern West Airlines, operating bases are mentioned below:
- Atlanta (ATL) GA
- Baltimore (BWI) MD
- Chicago-Midway (MDW) IL
- Dallas Love Field (DAL) TX
- Denver (DEN) CO
- Houston-Hobby (HOU) TX
- Las Vegas (LAS) NV
- Los Angeles (LAX) CA
- Oakland (OAK) CA
- Orlando (MCO) FL
- Phoenix Sky Harbor (PHX) AZ
The airline offers a wide range of inflight services and hospitality when you book flights
Popular Southwest amenities are listed below:
Spacious cabin: Southwest Airlines uses Boeing 737 Max aircraft in their fleet providing more legroom for you to relax.
Free Movies/TV: Enjoy the free blockbuster shows, television entertainment, and free wifi to access the internet onboard. You can watch your favorite TV Channels like ABC, MSNBC, FOX NEWS, and ESPN on this flight.
WIFI: Inflight internet is available at just $8 per day for you to access your emails. Free WiFi is also available for A-list preferred members of American Express, Discover, Master Card, Visa, Apple Pay, PayPal, and Venmo.
Baggage Allowance: This Airline offers 2 check-in bags absolutely free on domestic and international flights. Checked in bags weight and size limit applies.
No Change Fee: One of the unique features of Southwest gives you the freedom to make changes to your flight itinerary without any change or cancellation fees. Only fare difference applies while changing your flight dates and routes. Even there is no cancellation fee to cancel a flight on southwest airlines.
How To Book a Flight?
The process of booking a flight is very simple and convenient. You can make the reservation by yourself to save money on booking fees.
Here's a table with information about Southwest Airlines Reservations:
Southwest Booking Options
You can book flights on the website.
Download the Southwest app and book a flight.
Dial the Southern West Airlines reservation number 1-800-435-9792 and book over the phone.
Airport Ticket Counter
Book your Southern West Airlines flight in person at the airport ticket counter.
Southwest offers several fare types.
After booking, Southwest Airlines will send a confirmation email with your flight details and reservation number.
Now, We have outlined the easy methods below for you to book your ticket
Method 1: Book a Flight Online
- Visit the official website
- Select the trip type like one-way or round-trip
- Select your departure and arrival cities or airports
- Choose your travel dates according to your trip plans
- Select the number of passengers traveling with you
- Now click on the Search button to view the flight available for you to choose
- You can also select the fare types according to availability
- In the next step, you need to provide the traveler's personal information like complete name as per valid ID, Date of Birth, Gender, Contact Number, and email ID also to receive your flight itinerary details.
- In the last step, you need to provide the payment details and click on submit to purchase your flight tickets.
On the confirmation page, you can find your trip details along with your Southwest flight confirmation number and E-ticket numbers as well.
Method 2: Via Phone
Below are the steps for you to follow to make a flight reservation via phone:
- Call Southwest Airlines reservation phone number 1-800-435-9792.
- Listen to the IVR carefully and select the option to book a new flight.
- Wait until the Airline live representative answers your call.
- Rest is as easy as you need to provide the details of your flight that you want to book and pay at your convenience.
- At the end of your conversation with the Southwest representative, you will be given your flight confirmation code as well as itinerary details in your email.
Method 3: At the airport
Well, this method is less convenient as you need to drive down to the nearby airport to book flights with southwest airlines. We have covered the general overview to book a flight steps.
- Visit the nearby airport where Southwest Airlines operates.
- Go to the counter and talk to the live person available there.
- Share your travel details and traveler's information with them.
- Pay for your flight ticket using Debit, Credit, or Cash.
- Get your flight ticket confirmation code and itinerary details.
Above mentioned steps are the most common ways to book your flight tickets with Southwestern Airlines; however, you can also make the reservation with your travel agency too.
You can also manage your booking which can be done easily by following the above process.
Important Conditions For Southwest Booking
- In case flyers want to change their reservation on the scheduled departure day. Then indeed, Airlines won't charge a single penny.
- The flyer has the right to choose another flight with the availability of seats and the same route.
- For flyers who want to add a non-binary gender marker, like X or U, to their reservations. Then they can contact the customer care executive at 1-800-435-9792. Flyers can also opt to contact the agent by visiting the airport.
- Rapid Rewards are also applicable to international bookings, just like domestic bookings. Adding to it, foreign taxes or charges will not be associated with the fare and can be precisely used by Southwest Airlines.
- While talking about group bookings Southwest Airlines will charge $50 per passenger. Flyers must pay the amount for holding the reservation after the initial booking. Moreover, the airline only accepts payments made through credit cards. For group bookings, flyers can call on 1-800-435-9792.
- Allot a gap of 3 hours if you want to book separate tickets.
- For Southwest international flight booking, ensure to purchase two separate reservations.
Tips For Book Cheap Flights With Southwest Airlines
Booking and purchasing cheap flights with Southwest Airlines can be tricky, but by following the below-mentioned steps, you can do it very smoothly.
- When booking a flight for a specific day, use the sorting feature to arrange the tickets from lowest to highest prices.
- Check the Southwest Airlines Low Fare Calendar to find the lowest prices every day of the month.
- Subscribe to Southwest Airlines' emails and newsletter for the latest deals and discounts.
- Try to book your flight in advance. Prices can change depending on how many people have already booked.
- If you see a low fare, book it as soon as possible. You can always change your reservation later if you find a cheaper fare. Southwest Airlines will refund the difference through travel credit.
- Don't make impulsive decisions. You can cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking and look for further discounts. All fares are fully refundable within this time frame. However, this only applies if you don't change your reservation before canceling.
How To Manage Your Booking With Southwest Airlines?
Sometimes there will be minor changes in your strategy. So you wouldn't cancel a flight even with a minor change, would you? Use Southwestern Airlines Manage Booking option for you to do this.
Southwest Airlines Management Booking Option allows you to modify, change or view your booked cheapest flights for southwest airlines. Plus you can change your fare and add services to your fare. However, only passengers with valid and unused fares can avail of this facility.
So, now you may be wondering how you can use or access the managed booking of Southwest Airlines. The points jotted below can help you easily use this feature of the airline.
For accessing southwest airlines to manage reservations, you can follow these simple and quick steps:
- Visit the website of Southwest Airlines.
- Select the "Flight" tab.
- Click on "Manage Reservation" which will pop up from the drop-down menu\
- Fill up your confirmation number and your first and last name.
- Click on the "Search" button.
- Instantly you will be landed on the manage booking page where you can view and make changes to your booking.
You can use the Southwest Airlines Manage Booking option to make changes to your flight reservation.
With the use of this feature, you can do any possible changes to your bookings and itinerary. There are many other options awaiting your actions, read them in the following points.
View Flight Itinerary:
Now checking the details of your itinerary like Southwest Airlines flight timing, travel date, and routes, has been made so easy that you can get this information at your fingertips with just a few clicks. All you need to do is visit the official Southwest Airlines website's 'manage booking' section.
Change Flight Reservation:
During any unforeseen circumstance, you can easily make changes to your travel plan and reservations. Southwest Airlines' managed booking options have you covered. You can easily modify your travel dates and flight timings through this facility.
If you require additional services for your booking, such as baggage allowance or in-flight meals, you can utilize this option. The airlines also provide numerous additional services for physically challenged and medically assistive passengers.
Just visit the "manage booking" section and you will have the power to change or upgrade your seats to any class or type you want.
Note: It's important to keep in mind that changing your fare class or upgrading your seat may come with additional charges. Therefore, you must always consult the airlines to get a clear picture of the additional charges and fees applicable.
What Are Seating Classes by Southwest Airlines?
Southwest Airlines offers four types of fares based on the fare rules and restrictions. We have described the benefits of particular fare types below:
Wanna Get Away: This is the cheapest fare type you can choose to book your flight tickets.
It also comes with certain restrictions. However, you still get the basic benefits such as two free checked-in bags, no change fees or cancellation fees, Future credit that you can use any time if you cancel your flight with this Airline, and 6X reward points for your ticket cost.
You can also use these reward points to book cheap flights with Southwest Airlines.
Wanna Get Away Plus: This fare category is also popular among Southwestern airline passengers. With this type of fare, you get all the benefits of Wanna Get Away fares.
In addition, you can also make changes to your flight at the last minute, get standby tickets to the next flight, and most important you can also transfer your flight credit to rapid reward members.
While making the reservation in this fare type, you earn 8X reward points for your ticket cost.
Anytime: Economy Ticket has certain flexibility like flyers have the freedom to get their fare back at the time of cancellation.
In addition to this flyers with economy class have access to flight cabins for priority check-in and boarding.
Business Select: Business Select lies in the category of top fare. Here you can receive 12X reward points of your fare cost. Adding to it you will have access to premium drinks. Similarly, like Economy Class, you will have access to priority boarding, free changes, or cancellation.
Other things that ticket holders can receive are Automatic check-in, same-day changes, and same-day standby flights.
More Information About Southwest Airlines
Let's have a look at some useful information about this Airline before you book your cheapest flights
Baggage Policy: Southwest Airlines booking a flight can be as rewarding as ever because of their flexible southwest airlines baggage policy. This is one of the preferred carriers that offers two checked-in bags for free.
Each checked-in bag can weigh up to 50 pounds and be 62 inches in size. Each additional bag or oversized bag checked can cost up to 75 USD each way.
Carry-on bags must not exceed 50 inches (24 inches long + 16 inches wide + 10 inches height) and personal items such as backpacks, laptop bags, briefcases, purses, cameras, and handbags must be 16 inches + 13 inches tall. in width + 8 inches in height.
Check-In: Passengers traveling on flights can check in online 24 hours before the flight departure and download the boarding passes. However, check-in can be done at the counter or via the E-ticket check-in kiosk.
Refunds: Souther west Airlines offers a wide range of options for you to either re-book your flight ticket using flight credit or ask for a refund if your fare rules allow. You can also cancel your flight for flight credit that you can use later on to book flights with southwest airlines or transfer to rapid reward members.