Travel to the United Kingdom or the other parts of Europe with the Flag Carrier of the United Kingdom, British Airways. Use the membership or frequent flyer program of British Airways to earn rewards and save a lot of money while traveling to more than 180 destinations around the world. Open the official website www.britishairways.com and book your ticket online.
About British Airways
British Airways is one of the oldest airlines in the United Kingdom that also aims to represent the country.
|Founded||31 March 1974|
|Headquarters||Waterside, Harmondsworth, UK|
|Main Hubs||Heathrow Airport, Gatwick Airport, Billund Airport, Tempelhof Airport|
|Phone||Call the British Airways booking department at (800) 403-0882 to book flights and manage reservations.|
- The two regional British airlines, namely Cambrian Airways and Northeast Airlines, were eventually amalgamated under the British Airways brand name on 31 March 1974.
- British Airways became the only airline to generate more than $1 billion in revenue on a single route from JFK (New York) to London Heathrow from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.
- British Airways is now strong with over 287 aircraft in its fleet.
- British Airways was one of the largest operators of Boeing 747-400 aircraft in the world and retired the 747 in 2020.
British Airways Hubs and Destinations
British Airways flies to almost 80 countries with over 200 destinations worldwide.
The most popular travel destinations for British Airways are London, Los Angeles, Bangkok, Dubai, Shanghai, New York, and Miami.
The airline has four major hubs:
- Heathrow Airport
- Gatwick Airport
- Billund Airport
- Tempelhof Airport
British Airways provides its customers with a wide range of amenities to incorporate with. If you book British Airways cheap flights you can avail all the facilities while being a part of British Airways.
Digital Newspaper and Magazines: You have the option to choose from over 7000 top titles on Travel, Culture, Food, Business, and many more in more than 60 languages.
TV & Audio Programme: Watch movies, TV shows, and music via the available screen in front of your seat.
On-Board WiFi: There are two types of packages available for passengers to choose from, while on-board - messaging and browsing & stream. The costs for both depend based on your duration of flight ranging from €1.99 - €2.99 and €4.99 - €11.99 respectively for short-haul flights and for long-haul flights the price range is €2.99 - €4.99 and €4.99 - €21.99.
Class of Travel In British Airways
British Airways offer various travel options that you can choose from. They are basically classified into Hauls, either long-haul or short-haul flights-
Long-Haul Economy Class: With World Traveller you get to choose between two types of fares.
- Basic: With the basic package you will have a preselected seat and only carry-on luggage. There will be no option for any changes or refunds.
- Standard: With this package, you will have the option to select seats within 24 hours from departure. You can carry, carry-ons, check baggage, and also board the flight earlier than basic passengers.
Long-Haul Premium Economy Class: With Long-Haul Premium Economy(World Traveller Plus) you get to carry 2 Checked bags along with a standard carry-on allowance. You have the option to select your seats within 24 hours of departure.
Long-Haul Business Class: With Long-Haul Business Class(Club World) you will enjoy a standard carry-on along with two checked bags. You will get access to British Airways’ departure lounges along with priority boarding for the plane. You will be offered priority check-in desks and also can select your seats within 24 hours from departure.
Long-Haul Premier Class: The best option in the entire class is the First Class, where you get 3 checked bags with a standard carry-on allowance. You are allowed to choose your seats while booking your tickets. You get special access to the British Airways Lounge along with a complimentary spa treatment at departure lounges (Terminal 5 at Heathrow and Terminal 7 at JFK).
Short-Haul Economy Class: The Euro Traveller get three fare choices and depending on that they get different services-
- Basic: With this fare type you get a preselected seat along with a carry-on allowance. There are no changes or refunds available.
- Plus: Seat selection can be done until 48 hours before departure. You are allowed to carry checked and carry-on baggage. You can also do free changes on the departure day.
- Plus Flex: In this Fare type you get to select your seat at any time but up till 1 hour before the departure. You can carry checked baggage and carry-ons. You have the free option to change or cancel your flight 1 hour before the departure.
Short-Haul Business Class: With Club Europe, you get to travel with more baggage allowance compared to the Euro traveler. You will get access to the British Airways departure lounges and earn more Avios for Executive Club Membership. In addition to that you get priority check-in desks and boarding options.
Book A Flight With British Airways
If you ever feel like visiting somewhere, be it domestic or international, the first thing you need to do is book your British Airways flight. You can then get on your toes and look for the exciting places you can visit at your destination. Every single place holds a hidden gem that you can only enjoy after visiting there.
British Airways Flight Booking Online
If you are a person of your own, you might prefer to book your own tickets via the official website of British Airways. However, if you have any doubt regarding any step while booking, here are the steps to follow so that you can easily book a flight with British Airways.
- Visit the official website of British Airways.
- You will be prompted to fill in the details like from, to, date selection, passenger selection, and class selection.
- You can also set your return trip by clicking on the add button. It will automatically gather the details and create your return trip.
- Additionally, You have the option to book hotels along with your tickets and also a car for travel convenience.
- After filling in all your details you can proceed to the next screen showing the flights available for you. You can choose anyone that is convenient for you and proceed forward.
- Now you can review your flight details and move forward with the payment.
- After completion of the payment, you will receive your flight itinerary details on your mail ID.
Via Phone Call
If you are unsure of the steps mentioned above for your bookings, you can alternatively book your tickets via British Airways book a flight phone number. This process will be easier and less time-consuming.
Here are the steps to do your bookings.
- Call on the toll-free IVR booking number- 18601803592 (Local), +911244120715(international)
- Follow the IVR menu to the booking portal.
- You will be soon connected to a British Airways customer support agent.
- You need to provide them with all your traveling and personal details in order to proceed further with the bookings.
- You will then be required to pay for the tickets via credit or debit card.
- After payment, you will receive the travel itinerary details on your mail ID.
Booking Via Airport
This is the least preferred method among all. However, if you are willing to bare all the hustle and bustle of a busy airport, you can continue with the process.
- Visit the nearest Airport.
- Look for the British Airways counter there.
- Provide them with all the details and proceed with your booking.
- Pay for your booking via card or cash.
- You will get your tickets with all the details on them.
Managing Your Booking With British Airways
British booking flights might be easier, but you must know how to manage your bookings. In case you have to alter your route or destination, you can easily do that with the steps we have mentioned hereby.
After going through the complete article you might not find any difficulty in British Airways booking a flight. So why not go through these simple steps after booking so that you will be less troubled?
- Visit the official website/app
- Click on the manage booking option.
- You will see all the details of your booking.
- You can alter/change anything you want during the time frame available.
Additional Information About British Airways
British book flights can turn out to be cheaper if you know some of these policies that are mentioned here.
Baggage Policy: All the passengers are allowed to carry one piece of hand luggage and one small item like a handbag or laptop on board. The hand luggage must not exceed the given dimension of 56cm x 45cm x 25cm and the small item must be no bigger than 40cm x 30cm x 15cm. Both items can weigh up to 23kg each.
Refund Policy: The refund policy of British Airways states that if you cancel your tickets more than 28 days before the travel, you will get a refund except for the deposit. If it is more than 72 hours and after 28 days of travel you can get only 40% of the package price. If canceling within 72 hours of travel, you will lose all of the booking value.