You book a flight with Air Canada, but now due to some uncertainties and unavoidable reasons, you want to cancel your flight. Then do not panic and cancel the Air Canada flight without any struggle with the help of this airline’s cancellation policy.
All the details about the policy have been explained deeply in the article below.
Overview of Cancellation And Refund Policies of Air Canada
There are certain terms and conditions that Air Canada has mentioned under the cancellation policies. You may have a look at the points jotted down below to make the cancellation process much easier and quicker.
- If an Air Canada flight is canceled on its own or is delayed more than 3 hours from the original departure, you are eligible for a refund.
- In the case of online booking, you can cancel your flight at least two hours before departure.
- As per the Air Canada cancellation policy, canceling a flight within 24 hours of booking makes you eligible to claim a full refund regardless of the fare type.
- If the flight is canceled due to bad weather then either you can ask for a refund from the airline or you can book another flight.
- All the refundable tickets are subject to a refund from Air Canada.
- If your Air Canada boarding was denied by the airline, then you can claim a refund from the airline.
- Basic Economy Flights delayed by more than 3 hours entitle you to cancel the flight and claim a refund.
- All award tickets canceled after 24 hours of booking are subject to a cancellation fee.
Note: In case you are facing any kind of problem then you can get in touch with the representative of the airline. For connecting with the executive, you can call on 000 800 040 1885.
Easiest Way to Cancel an Air Canada Flight
You can easily cancel an Air Canada flight by following the steps written below;
- Visit the website or else use the mobile application.
- Search for the option “Manage Bookings.”
- Now select the flight you want to cancel.
- Then enter your details.
- And tap on the cancellation button.
- After that, review your details and click the confirmation button.
- You will receive a notification in your mail, with the status of your canceled flight.
Note: If you are unable to complete the procedure online, then try reaching out to the customer care executive of the airline for canceling your flight and to get additional information about the Air Canada cancellation procedure.
After Canceling Air Canada Flight, How do Get a Refund?
Once you successfully cancel your flight with Air Canada, you can proceed to request a refund for the same canceled flight. The procedure to complete the task is elaborated below;
- The first and most important thing that you must do to proceed with the refund process is to get aware of the Air Canada Refund Policy.
- Cross-check the policy to verify whether you are eligible for a refund or not.
- If you have the authority to claim a refund then you can visit the official website of Air Canada.
- Search for the Visit My Booking option.
- Once you tap on that option, the next page that will open will have a blank section, where you will have to fill out the details of your booking.
- Then you can click on the refund option.
- The refund will get credited to your account within 8 to 10 working days.