Imagine you're all set to start your trip, but you have to cancel an Allegiant Air flight due to an unforeseen situation. Then what? In this case, the passenger feels awkward as paying for ticket booking is heavy in itself, but adding some cancellation charges makes it worse.
It is always recommended that the flyer should be aware of the Allegiant Air cancellation policy before canceling the flight.
Details of Allegiant Air cancellation and refund policy
What are basically the guidelines mentioned under the Allegiant cancellation policy? To get the answers to this question, you must have a look at the two categories of the policy. Following this you will be able to understand the policy more easily.
Cancellation along with Trip flex
- Trip Flex allows the customer to cancel the flight up to 1 hour prior to departure. However, the airline may charge a nominal amount as a cancellation fee.
- There is no charge for cancellation. However, it is limited to one use per customer.
- In case of Trip Flex cancellation. All future cancellation requests will proceed with the flight itinerary. Hence it is subject to all time limits, fees, and policies.
- However, if you have a Trip Flex fare, you can cancel the flight within 24 hours.
- If the User cancels the flight online through the Website, the Airline will issue a non-transferable and non-refundable travel credit.
- Allegiant vacation package users must cancel at least 72 hours prior to departure.
Cancellation without Trip Flex
- According to Allegiant's cancellation policy, the passenger must cancel the flight 7 days or more prior to the departure date and time.
- If you don't have Trip Flex, the airline can charge you up to USD 200 for canceling your flight. If you cancel the flight within 7 days of departure, the airline will not allow the cancellation request.
- Cancellation without Trip Flex may result in cancellation fees for passengers.
- No cancellation will be allowed after check-in.
If you want any assistance with Allegiant flight cancellation. The flyer can call the Spirit cancellation phone number, i.e. (702) 505-8888.
What are the steps to cancel a Flight on Allegiant Air?
Now you can proceed to cancel your flight via the online mode. Apart from the online medium, there are several other ways as well to cancel the flight with Allegiant Airlines.
Through Online mode
The allegiant airline has made it easier and more handy to cancel the flight. Like we can online check in Allegiant airlines, Allegiant provides a portal to cancel the flight without any hustles. With the steps below you can easily cancel the flight.
- Go on to the official website directly
- Open manage booking option.
- Fill up the confirmation number
- Select the flight you want to cancel.
- Now, you can see the refund amount and cancellation charges option.
- After completing the cancellation request.
- You will receive the confirmation of your registered mail id.
Through a phone call
If you feel that canceling a flight via the website is a confusing and time-taking process. You can opt for calling a customer care executive at Allegiant Air. You can ask them to cancel the flight you booked. It is easier to cancel the flight through phone calls. You will be able to cancel the flight in a few easy and simple steps.
By visiting the airport
However, visiting the airport can be a challenging and time taking process. But if you choose to cancel the flight by visiting the airport. Then you can visit the closest airport. Share all the details of the booked flight with the customer care executive at the airport and ask them to cancel your flight. You can also seek more information regarding the cancellation and refund policy for canceled flights from the agent.
How to Get Allegiant Air Compensation
You can get compensation online through their website, or by contacting their customer service department. Below are the terms for it:
- Each passenger on Allegiant's flight less than 1,500 kilometers will pay no more than $250.
- Fly over 1,500 kilometers within the EU, and Allegiant will set you back up to $400 per person.
- Allegiant offers up to $400 off per person on non-internal EU flights 1,500 - 3,500 kilometers.
- Flights over 3,500 kilometers on Allegiant within the European Union cost up to $600 per person.