Flight cancellation is no joke, especially if you are on a disciplined schedule or the cancellation is disrupting your upcoming plans. So, if you are about to enter the airport or are sitting at the gate or on board then it is up to you to understand Delta flight cancellations.
Unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather or medical emergencies may disrupt travel. If you cancel your flight during this time, you can take advantage of Delta's refund policy to make your travel experience satisfactory and better.
Delta Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy details
- The cancellation policy is different for refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- Delta refundable main cabin tickets are also eligible for last-minute cancellations. If you have a refundable ticket, you can cancel the flight even 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
- If you have a refundable ticket, you can claim a refund from the airline even in case of a no-show. However, the passenger will have to pay some nominal amount as a no-show charge.
- In case you have a non-refundable ticket, you must ensure to cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking.
- As per the 24-hour cancellation policy, Delta Airlines will not charge any cancellation fee.
- If you are buying non-refundable, you are not eligible for extra legroom or any upgrade in fare class.
- If Delta cancels your flight and you do not want to travel on the alternate flights provided to you because of the timing, you can ask for a full refund.
- Flights purchased with a debit or credit card will take up to seven business days or up to two billing cycles for your refund amount to reflect in your bank account.
- For cash-purchased flights, it will take up to 20 business days for the refund amount to reflect in your bank account.
Note: If you are facing any problem with Delta Cancellation Policy for Flights, then can dial Delta Cancellation Phone Number - 800-847-0578.
Delta Airlines 24-Hours Cancellation Policy
- Customers who booking delta flights directly from the airline counter or website are the only ones who are subject to the 24-hour cancellation policy.
- According to the United States Dot Advisory, Delta provides a 24-hour risk-free period.
- Depending on the fare class, you have the option to cancel your flights and get a full refund with no cancellation fees.
- However, there should be seven days or more between the cancellation and the scheduled flight departure.
- SkyMiles don’t stick to Delta's Cancellation Policy of 24 Hours.
- Group bookings are also not eligible for a refund.
- Any flight rebooked or redeemed with travel credits already is not coming under this policy.
- Any flights bought with an e-Certificate are also not eligible.
What are the steps to cancel My Flights on Delta Airlines?
If you need to cancel your Delta flights online, follow step by step procedure given below to cancel your flight via the Delta website or app without contacting a Delta representative.
- If you’ve already signed into your Delta SkyMiles account, your journey will automatically adhere to your account.
- With the confirmation number that the airline provides after confirming the booking, you can modify the journey without any hustles. However, this can be only applicable if you want to travel urgently but want to cancel the previous bookings. You can save yourself from any type of cancellation charges.
- The complete information about your flight journey will appear on your screen.
- Once you have located your flight journey, try to find a red button indicating “Modify Flight” in the upper-right-hand corner.
- Now, two options will appear in front of your computer screen either a flight change or a flight cancellation.
- Click on the flight cancellation button and confirm the flight you are willing to cancel.
- After tapping the Continue button, you will look at another screen confirming your flight information. Now, tap on the Cancel Trip button in the lower right-hand corner.
- Afterward, you will see observe a screen showing that your trip is now canceled and you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email address regarding the cancellation. The email includes your canceled authorization code and refund information. If you have any doubts, call Delta's cancellation phone number - 800-847-0578.
How to Get Delta Airlines Compensation?
Delta Airlines Refund depends upon your booked flight, fare type and the method of booking you have used during flight booking.
The refund will automatic credited if you have canceled your flight within 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
Below is the table for Flight Compensation:
|If flights under 1,500 km||You will get Up to €250 per person|
|For Internal EU flights over 1,500 km||Up to €400 per person|
|For Non-internal EU flights between 1,500 - 3,500 km||Up to €400 per person|
|For Non-internal EU flights over 3,500 km||Up to €600 per person|