Passengers booking Emirates flights have access to 270 Boeing and more than 3,600 flights per week. Emirates cancellation policy is required if you cancel your flight after booking for any reason. You are eligible for a refund only after knowing the policy.
Emirates Flights Cancellations And Refund Policy Details
Below are the Cancellations And Refund processes for Emirates.
- If your Emirates flight is canceled and you have met the applicable Emirates Airlines check in deadline. In this case, you may be eligible for a refund.
- Only individual tickets are eligible under Emirates Airlines' cancellation policy. The policy does not apply to group bookings.
- Emirates Online bookings can be canceled through the website itself.
- Emirates processes refunds within 14 days of submitting the required documents.
- Also, note that a refund request has to be made within 2 years from the date of issue of the ticket otherwise a refund will not be given at all.
- If there is a delay of more than 5 hours from an airport in the EU, the airline may fly you back to the city of origin free of charge. Also, you are eligible for a refund if you do not take the flight.
- Emirates Airlines charges a fee of US$200 if a passenger with a non-refundable ticket does not cancel the flight within 24 hours of purchase.
- If a passenger cancels an Emirates flight after 24 hours, the airline will not initiate a refund.
- In keeping with Emirate's refund policy, if the flight is canceled due to inclement weather. The flyer can claim a full refund from the airline.
- In case the flight is canceled due to a delay due to an error on the part of Emirates, the passenger can claim a full refund from Emirates Airlines.
- Refunds for Emirates non-refundable tickets will be initiated only if the flyer ensures to cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking.
- Additionally, if the passenger cancels the flight within 24 hours but the departure date is within seven days. Then, in this case, the airline will charge a fine.
- All refundable fares can claim a full refund from the airline, following the Emirates cancellation policy. If a customer is canceling an Emirates flight before 7 days of departure, the airline will charge a cancellation fee.
- A flyer must cancel the flight within 24 hours of purchasing an Emirates non-refundable ticket. By doing so they can claim a full refund from the airline.
- However, refunds for non-refundable tickets will not be credited back to the account.
Fees For Emirates Airlines Cancellations
- There is a $250 cancellation fee for Emirates Airlines tickets canceled 45 days prior to departure.
- There is a 30% cancellation fee for ticket cancellation between 44 to 31 days before flight departure.
- Emirates ticket cancellations between 44 and 21 days prior to departure will be charged a 50% fee.
- Cancellation of tickets booked between 30 to 15 days from departure will be charged at 60% plus taxes.
- A fee of 100% of the ticket price will be charged for cancellation of Emirates bookings between 44 and 20 days prior to departure.
How Do I Cancel My Flight on Emirates Airlines?
There are many ways in which a flight can be canceled if there is a change in schedule. The steps given below can be followed to cancel the flights.
Cancel flight through the website
- The flyer can make the cancellation through the official. With the below-mentioned steps flight can be easily cancelled.
- Access the official website.
- Check for the “My Bookings” option.
- Select the flight you want to cancel.
- Start filling in all the details the airline asks for before canceling the flight.
- Now you can submit your cancellation request with Emirates Airlines.
Cancel the flight by connecting with the live agent
- Apart from surfing the website, the flight can also be canceled by contacting the live agent at Emirates Airlines.
- The flyer can also visit the nearby airport to cancel the flight.
- If the passenger books a ticket with the travel agent, then the agent must be contacted to cancel the flight.
How to Get Emirates Airline Compensation
The flyer can seek compensation from the airline for canceled flights in various ways. So, the below-mentioned criteria can be assumed while claiming compensation with Emirates Airlines.
- If the reason for Emirates canceled flights is the airline’s fault, then the airline may provide a refund for the canceled flight. Moreover, compensation can be provided by the airline for flight cancellation.
- When the distance is between 2000-4000 km and the flight is delayed for more than 3 hours. Then, in this case, the flyer can expect compensation of approx 400 USD.
- If there is any further delay and the time increases from 3 hours to 5 hours, then the airline will provide a compensation of USD 600.
- Further, if the delay is for more than 5 hours, the individual is entitled to a full refund from the airline.