After booking a flight, passengers may want to cancel their flight for some reason. This may be due to an emergency, or a planned trip may be canceled. The Turkish Airlines cancellation policy process is smooth and straightforward and can be done by following a few easy steps.
Turkish Flight Cancellations And Refund Policy Details
If you want to or are planning to cancel your booked flight ticket, you should go through the Turkish Airlines cancelation policy details
- Turkish Passengers You cannot cancel your ticket 24 hours before the departure time of your flight.
- If your flight is canceled, you can ask for a full refund if no alternative flight is available.
- If you cancel your flight in case of an emergency, the cancellation cost may be different for the same.
- If you cancel a non-refundable ticket, you will be refunded only the tax, and you are entitled to pay the cancellation fee.
- You cannot claim a refund after 12 months from the date of issue of the original ticket
- The refunded amount will be credited to the account of the person whose name appears on the ticket.
- If someone else bought the ticket for you, the amount will be sent to the person who paid for the ticket.
Other Turkish Airlines policies on Cancellation
The cancelation policies that come under Turkish Airlines are given below. These policies will help you cancel your flight ticket successfully
Turkish Airlines - 24-hour cancellation policy
- While you are requesting ticket cancelation, make sure that the departure date of your flight is 7 or more days
- This policy is applicable only if you have booked your ticket under Miles & Smiles program
- Your eGift certificates travel credit vouchers, and electronic vouchers are not covered under the 24-hour cancelation policy
- If your request a ticket cancelation within 24 hours, no fee will be charged
Business Class cancellation
If you are canceling your Business Class flight keep the following points in mind.
- Ticket cancelation is not allowed only taxes are refunded and adjusted in your next booking.
- If it is a no-show no refund is given. The concerned amount can be re-used for booking a fresh flight.
- The cancelation price is 300 USD and is applicable per passenger per booking.
- According to the Turkish Airlines cancelation policy, the passengers need to request ticket cancelation before the departure time of their flight.
- If you request for cancelation after your flight takes off, you will not get back the entire amount you originally paid for your flight ticket.
- If it is a no-show, no refund is given. The concerned amount will be used in making a new flight booking.
- The cancelation fee in this category is 250 USD, per passenger per booking.
- In this, the cancellation charges will not be refunded.
- You cannot cancel the ticket if less than 1 hour is left for your flight to take off.
- If it is a no-show, no refund is allowed after the departure of your flight. You can only claim airport taxes and fees.
- Per passenger is entitled to pay 200 USD per booking.
Economy class cancellation
If you want to cancel your Economy Class ticket keep these points in mind:
Economy Promotion fare
- Under this fare, you cannot cancel the ticket. Only taxes are refunded that are adjusted as a credit and can be re-used while you book your new flight
- If it is a no-show, you cannot cancel the ticket.
Semi-Flexible economy fare
- Under this category, passengers can request a cancelation before their flight takes off
- If it is a no-show, no amount is refunded.
Economy Flex Fare
- In this category, passengers can request a ticket cancelation before the flight takes off
- In case of a no-show, no amount shall be refunded.
How do I cancel my flight with Turkish Airlines?
To cancel your flight, Turkish Airlines provides you with a few methods that you can use to successfully cancel your flight ticket. Some of the methods are mentioned below.
Canceling the ticket online
If you wish to Cancel your Turkish flight online, kindly follow the steps given below
- Visit the official website, and navigate the Manage Booking option
- Fill in the 6-digit Booking Reference Number
- Select all the passengers' names for whom you wish to cancel the ticket
- Select the flight you wish to cancel, Click on the Cancel button, and proceed
- On the screen, you can see the amount that will be refunded to you
- Click on the CONFIRM button to continue
- The ticket will be canceled and you will receive your refund within 7 working days.
Canceling the ticket via phone
You can also Cancel the flight ticket over the phone. For doing so, follow the given steps:
- Contact the concerned person, provide all the details, and request for cancelation.
- Check the amount that will be refunded after you make the cancelation, and pay the required cancelation fee. You will receive the payment within 7 working days.
- The Confirmation of your ticket cancelation will be sent to your Registered Email ID.
How to Get Turkish Airline Compensation?
If your ticket was canceled or delayed or you were unable to do the Turkish Airlines onboarding, you can claim compensation ranging from 250 USD to 600 USD. For doing so, you need to know the following pointers:
- If your flight is canceled, or you wish to make cancelation of your ticket, you are offered an alternative flight. You can claim it if it suits you.
- If you receive the information about your ticket cancelation less than 14 days before your flight takes off, you will receive a compensation of 600 USD.
- If an alternative flight is offered to you, that will land you at the same time as your original flight, no compensation will be given to you.