Canceling a United flight can be very tricky and expensive if you are not aware of United Airlines cancellation policy. Because you cannot win a battle without taking the appropriate precautions.
But if you are reading this article, then you are at the right place to gain all the knowledge regarding the cancellation policy. Know each and every detail about how to cancel a flight and claim a refund. So, without any delay let’s dive into the article.
United Airlines Flight Cancellation and Refund Policy
United Airlines enables passengers to claim a full refund even after a flight cancellation. You can consider and follow the below-mentioned points for a better understanding of the policy.
If you are facing any trouble with the flights canceled by united airlines, then dial the Phone number – 1-800-421-4655 or 1-802-902-2009. And, press 9 to talk with a United representative.
- You can cancel a flight up to 24 hours from the time of booking without any cancellation fee.
- If United Airlines cancels your flight, then you are entitled to a refund.
- If there is a flight delay of five hours or more, cancel your flight and request a refund without any cancellation cost.
- All flights are eligible for cancellation and refund in case of illness, contingency, or death.
- Basic Economy flights cannot be canceled but are eligible for a full refund within 24 hours.
- The policy depends on your billing address; However, separate policies apply for Colombia, France, Argentina, and Taiwan.
- Refunds will be provided based on conditions, flight ticket class, and fare types.
- You will receive your refund within 7 business days. Other discounts usually proceed within 21 business days.
- There is no cancellation fee if you are purchasing the fare at least 7 days before the scheduled departure and canceling it within 24 hours of booking.
- Eligible flights can be canceled via mobile phone.
- Non-refundable flights are eligible for non-forced cancellation, but you will receive a refund from Future Flight credits at no cost.
- Refunds for United flight bookings made by credit card will be processed within seven business days of your request. Other refunds will be processed within 21 working days of your request.
- All refund amounts will be credited back to the source account.
United Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- United Flights' 24-Hours Cancellations Policy provides you with the facility to get a complete refund on all flight cancellations that are done within 24 hours of booking.
- After you cancel your flight within the 24-Hour. Your refund amount will be credited through the original payment method.
- Make your booking with a United Gift Certificate. It will make you eligible to obtain your refund amount in the form of an electronic travel certificate.
- All the bookings bought with an e-certificate are not eligible to claim a refund.
- Reservations done with FareLock aren't eligible to claim a refund from the airline.
How Can I Cancel My Flight on United Airlines?
To cancel a United Airlines flight, you can take the below-given points into consideration.
- Go to the official website of United Airlines on your computer or phone.
- Then you have to go to the "Reservation" option from the drop-down menu.
- There you will find two options “Change Reservation” or “Cancel Reservation” to tap on.
- Choose the cancel option.
- Fill up all the necessary details.
- Lastly, submit the request for flight cancellation.
Note: The process of initiating a refund starts just after the flight cancellation. Now you may wonder how to get United Airlines Compensation. So if you are looking forward to claiming compensation from the airline, follow the simple steps below to make it easier. You can also follow the norms of United Airlines' refund policy.
Steps to Claim a Flight Cancellation Refund
After United Airlines flight cancellations, if your ticket is eligible for a refund, follow the below-given steps;
- Go to the United Airlines website and sign in to your account.
- Click on the "Refunds" tab.
- Enter your confirmation number or ticket number and your name.
- Select the reason for your refund.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- Then the airline will review your case thoroughly.
- After that, they will proceed to give you a refund.
- You will receive your refund within a few business days.