Traveling with Aegean Airlines but worried about the check-in and boarding procedure? Then follow this article. This article contains all the information and procedure to check-in and obtain your boarding passes to commence your journey. Apart from that, in this article, there is some additional information that can help you with quick baggage check-in and more. Interested? Then without any further delay, let’s begin.
What Are The Aegean Airlines Check-in Timings?
It is very important to know the Aegean flight check-in timings to avoid last-minute fuss. It is advisable to read the below-written points to get a firm knowledge of the timings.
If you have chosen the online or mobile check-in method then you can apply for the check-in within 48 hours to 30 minutes prior to the flight departure time.
However, there are some airports that close the online check-in portal 60 minutes prior to the flight departure.
The option to check-in at the counter for Aegean Airlines for both domestic and international flights close 30 to 60 minutes prior to the flight departure. To check a brief elaboration, take a look below;
- You need to complete the counter check-in 60 minutes prior to your flight’s departure at Abu Dhabi, Alexandria, Amman, Cairo, Istanbul, Jeddah, Kuwait, Sharm EL Sheikh, Tel Aviv, and Tunis Airport.
- You need to complete the counter check-in 50 minutes prior to your flight’s departure at Amsterdam Airport.
- You must complete your counter check-in 45 minutes before the flight departs at Berlin and London - Heathrow airport.
- Check in counter closes 40 minutes prior to your flight’s departure at Athens, Barcelona, Bari, Cologne, Florence, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Izmir, Larnaka, Milan, Nice, Paris, Riga, Stockholm, Vienna, and Zurich Airport.
- Counter Check-in Time ends 30 minutes before the flight departs at Baku, Belgrade, Bologna, Chania, Chios, Corfu, Heraklion, Ikaria, Karpathos, Kassel, Malta, Nantes, Paros, Samos, Sitia, Tirana, Verona, and Zegrab Airport.
If you opt for Kiosk check-in then you must reach the airport at least 60 to 90 minutes before your flight departs. The detailed time evaluations of various airports are given below;
- If you are at Abu Dhabi, Amman, Istanbul, or Tel Aviv Airport, then you must complete your Kiosk check-in 60 minutes before your flight departs.
- At Amsterdam Airport, you need to reach the airport at least 50 minutes prior to your flight departure time to complete your kiosk check-in.
- Kiosk Check-in Time ends 40 minutes before the flight departs at Athens, Barcelona, Bilbao, Birmingham, Bristol, Brussels, Cologne, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva, Helsinki, Larnaka, London - Gatwick, Madrid, Manchester, Oslo, Porto, Prague, Venice, Vienna, Warsaw and Zurich Airport.
- At Belgrade, Bucharest, Budapest, Malta, and Sofia Airport, the Kiosk Check-in time ends 30 minutes prior to the scheduled flight time.
What Are The Aegean Airlines Check-In Methods?
Below are the online, mobile, and counter-check-in updates:
Aegean Airlines Online Check-in
The most preferred check-in option is online check-in. With online check-in, you do not have to wait in a long queue at the airport counter, you can get some extra time for your other proceedings, etc. If you want to know the procedure, then you can take a look at the below-given steps;
- Browse the official website.
- Search for the Aegean Airlines online check-in option or Click here.
- Fill in all the details in the blank sections. Such as your last name and the ticket number.
- Then, confirm your allotted seat.
- Confirm the information.
- Then, receive your boarding pass.
Who Cannot Use Online Check-in Methods?
There are certain categories of people who are restricted to apply for Aegean check-in online. The categories are;
- A minor below the age of 16 years, traveling solo or with another accompanied minor.
- A minor below the age of 16 years, traveling with a passenger above 16 years who holds a separate booking.
- A passenger who is traveling with an extra seat.
- A passenger who has a connecting flight cannot apply if the first segment is not operated by Aegean Airlines.
- A passenger has to pay additional charges for the ticket.
A mobile check-in can be a very suitable option as it does not require much chaos or documentation. The procedures are given below;
- Download the Aegean mobile app on your Android or ios.
- Then, go to the manage booking option.
- There, you will find the check-in option.
- Tab on it.
- Then fill out the details.
- Confirm your seat.
- Before proceeding any further, recheck the details.
- After the successful completion, you will get your boarding pass.
To complete the check-in procedure at the airport counter, you need to visit the airport within the given time. After you get to the counter, provide all the information to the agent available at the counter. Confirm the seat. To get the option of seat selection, you can use your Miles+Bonus points (airline loyalty points). After the completion, the agent will give you the boarding pass.
Using Kiosk Check-in Machine for the First Time?
Using the Kiosk Check-in machine can be difficult if are not fully aware of the pattern and functions. But no worries. We have gathered all the information about the kiosk Aegean flight check-in.
- For kiosk check-in, you have to visit the airport
- After that, you need to find the kiosk machine. Generally, you can find the machine near the ticketing area or the baggage drop-off area. However, if you cannot find it then you can take some help from the airport staff.
- After you got the machine, choose the preferred language.
- Then proceed with your check-in procedure.
- Provide your last name and ticket confirmation number.
- Confirm your seat.
- Choose between 2 baggage options, i.e. “No baggage or Baggage”.
- Review the details before proceeding further.
- After completion, you will get a print of your boarding pass.
Airports that do not offer online and mobile check-in: Baku, Deauville, Dubrovnik, Eindhoven, Florence, Gothenburg, Ibiza, Kassel, Kuwait, Lamezia Terme, Ljubljana, Nuremberg, Podgorica, Prague, Sarajevo, Skopje, Timisoara, Tirana, Zadar, and more.
Airports without Kiosk facility: Alexandria, Alexandroupolis, Baku, Bari, Basel - Mulhouse – Freiburg, Beirut, Berlin, Billund, Bologna, Bordeaux, Brest, Cairo, Catania, Chania, Chios, Corfu, Deauville, Dublin, Dubrovnik, Edinburgh, Florence, Tbilisi, and more.
Can I Download Boarding Pass Online or Via Mobile?
Yes, you can download your boarding pass online and via mobile. To get your Aegean boarding pass you can follow the below given methods;
- Surf the official website or you can also download the mobile app.
- Then complete your check-in procedure very carefully, because any mistake can lead to a missed flight situation.
- Then you will receive an option of “Download Boarding Pass”.
- You just need to tap on that option.
- After that, your boarding pass will be downloaded to your device.
- You can take a print or can take a screenshot as well.
Note: To make the boarding procedure more seamless and carefree for the domestic traveler, Aegean Airlines has introduced a Digital ID facility.
How Does the Digital I’D Work?
While doing the mobile boarding pass procedure, you can add the digital I’d by following the below-given steps;
- Select passengers and enter their details.
- Then do the authentication. For that tap on the push notification that you have received from Gov.gr Wallet app.
- Learn the OTP from the Gov. gr Wallet app and then put it in the Aegean app (from where you have the mobile check-in procedure).
- Congratulations! Your Digita I’d have been updated. Get your digital boarding pass and enjoy your trip.
Does Every Airport Allow Mobile Boarding Passes?
No, there are a few airports that do not accept Aegean Airlines mobile boarding passes. Some of the names are Alexandria, Amman, Baku, Bilbao, Dubrovnik, Florence, Ibiza, Izmir, Kassel, Kuwait, Ljubljana, Nuremberg, Podgorica, Prague, Tirana, Warsaw, Zadar, and more.
Note: To know all the names of the airports offering mobile check-in, visit Aegean Airlines mobile check-in
How to Use Kiosk Machine to Get a Boarding Pass?
To download your Aegean Airlines print boarding pass through the Kiosk machine, Kindly follow the given points below;
- Firstly, you need to go to the airport.
- There, you will find the kiosk (self-check-in) machine.
- Then, select your preferred language.
- Complete the check-in procedure.
- Then you will get an option on the screen to “Print Boarding Pass”.
- Tab on that option and you are done.
We have covered the best possible options for your to complete the check-in and download the boarding passes. However, if you still need any further assistance you can contact our travel advisors at +1-888-266-4856 Toll-free.