Air France allows you to visit wonderful destinations and explore unseen wonders of the world. The Airline has a wide network connecting various destinations internationally.
There are various methods that you can use to complete the Air France check in process.
At What Time Should I Check-In For Air France Flights?
To ensure you make your flight on time with Air France, check your specific check-in times for your destination.
- Arrive at least 2 hours early for flights within France and Europe, and 3 hours early for international flights. This allows time for security checks and boarding.
- If your child is traveling alone, you must make sure that they arrive at the airport at least 30 minutes before their Air France flight's scheduled departure time.
Air France Airlines Check in Deadlines
The deadline for baggage check-in with Air France depends on your departure zone, so it's important to check the specific details for your destination.
Here are the check-in deadlines for some locations:
Excluding Metropolitan France
- For flights within Europe, arrive at least 40 minutes before departure, except for flights to French regional cities where it's 30 minutes.
- For flights from Europe to Paris-Charles de Gaulle or Paris-Orly, arrive 40 minutes before departure.
For some destinations, Air France has different baggage check-in deadlines when flying from Europe (excluding metropolitan France):
- Hannover or Istanbul: 60 minutes before departure
- Kyiv (Kiev), Milan, Moscow, St. Petersburg, or Yerevan: 50 minutes before departure
- London City: 30 minutes before departure (15 if no baggage)
- Brussels-Midi to Paris-Charles de Gaulle 2 by TGV: 30 minutes before departure (15 if no baggage)
Flights Departing From Regions Outside Of Europe
For all regions that are outside of Europe, the check-in deadline is of 60 minutes.
For some cities outside of Europe, Air France has different check-in times:
- If you're flying from Cayenne, Fort-de-France, or Pointe-à-Pitre, the baggage check-in deadline is 90 minutes before departure.
- If you're flying from other French regions and overseas collectivities, the deadline is 45 minutes before departure.
- If you're flying from Beijing or Nairobi, the deadline is 75 minutes
- before departure.
- If you're flying from Abuja, Algiers, Antananarivo, Brazzaville, Cairo, Caracas, Conakry, Cotonou, Dakar, Djibouti, Douala, Freetown, Kinshasa, Libreville, Lomé, Luanda, Malabo, Monrovia, Niamey, Oran, Ouagadougou, or Port Harcourt, the deadline is 90 minutes before departure.
- If you're flying from Abidjan, Accra, Bamako, Bangui, Banjul, Lagos, Nouakchott, or Yaoundé, the deadline is 120 minutes before departure.
Metropolitan France (Paris-Charles De Gaulle 2)
- The check-in times for Air France flights departing from Paris-Charles De Gaulle 2 airport vary depending on the destination.
- Travelers to regional cities within France, European countries within the Schengen area, and Great Britain and Ireland should arrive at the airport at least 40 minutes before their flight.
- For destinations outside the Schengen area, such as other European countries, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, and Israel, the recommended arrival time is 60 to 90 minutes before the flight.
- For African countries (except Bamako, Cairo, and South Africa), French overseas departments and territories, and other countries, travelers should arrive at least 60 minutes before their flight.
The Schengen Area consists of 26 European countries including Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Sweden, among others. Countries like Armenia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Russia, Turkey, and Ukraine are not part of the Schengen Area.
- For flights within France or Europe, check-in should be completed at least 40 minutes before departure.
- For other countries, check-in should be completed at least 60 minutes before departure.
- For French overseas departments and territories, the recommended check-in time is also 60 minutes.
Metropolitan France(Other Cities Within The Region)
For flights to Paris-Orly, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, or other cities within France or Europe, check-in should be completed at least 30 minutes before departure.
There are some exceptional cases for flights flying from these destinations-
- From Lyon, Nantes, or Nice to Europe (excluding metropolitan France) is 40 minutes
- From Strasbourg, the TGV train station to Paris-Charles de Gaulle is 30 minutes
- From Marseille to Algiers, Tunis is 60 minutes
Overview Of The Air France Check-In Process
Air France has made it simple for passengers to check in with their belongings. You basically have two options to choose from to complete your check-in process-
- Air France Check in Offline- Self-service Kiosk and Counter Agent.
- Air France Check-in Online- Via mobile check-in(using the Air France App) and Web Check-in(using the Air France Website).
These options will help passengers to easily maneuver through the airport and get to their respective seats fast.
The offline method of Air France Airlines flight check-in is time-consuming and if you are traveling at any peak season time of the day, you will have to wait a lot before you get your turn.
However, it is not always possible to do online check-in, hence, you are left with the other alternative. Here are the two ways by which you can complete your check-in process-
The self-service interactive Kiosks can be used to check in when you are traveling alone or in a group, with or without any baggage.
This process will be done at a reduced rate, however, you must present your proof at the time of boarding or at a connecting flight.
To verify yourself at the Kiosk, the necessary Air France Airlines check-in documents required are-
- Enter your e-ticket or reservation number.
- Introduce your Flying Blue card or debit/credit card with your first and last name (usually not the card, the payment was made from).
- Scan your passport at certain Kiosks to verify yourself.
What else can you do at Kiosk?
- Change your flight to an earlier or later one if your ticket allows it.
- Check-in for your return flight if it leaves within 24 hours of your arrival.
- Make sure your Flying Blue card number is registered for your flight.
- Confirm or change your seat, if available.
- Print out a summary of your trip.
- Pay for any extra fees (note that payment at Self-Service Kiosks is only available in France and the U.S., except in Chicago).
- Book and purchase other added amenities, such as extra baggage allowance at the airport rate or Seat Plus.
Air France passengers can use the Kiosk to print their boarding passes and self-tag their baggage. Self-tagging allows for quicker drop-off at the Express counter and faster access to the boarding gates.
- If you are unable to find the counter or have any difficulty regarding check-in freely call on the Air France Airlines check-in phone number at- 800-237-2747. The airline agents will surely help with your issue resolution.
- At the counter, you can check in yourself by producing these proofs- photo ID, electronic ticket, reservation number, or Flying Blue card. If you are traveling within France or Europe on a round trip, and your flight is on the same day, you only have to check in once for the trip.
- Dedicated check-in counters are available for passengers traveling via La Premiere/First Cabin, Business Cabin, and Premium Economy Cabin. There is a separate Air France early check-in counter for Silver, Gold, and Platinum Flying Blue card holders.
Restrictions For Air France Check-in Online
Here is the list of all the conditions where you are not allowed to check in online-
- Traveling with an animal in the hold
- The trip includes a leg traveled by train (except Brussels or Strasbourg)
- Upgrade obtained using Flying Blue Miles online
- Change of airports required during a stopover (except between Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly)
- An extra seat has been booked
- Departing from Sofia (flights operated by Air Bulgaria)
You can use the online check-in for certain flights (flights from Algiers, Cairo, Havana, Mumbai, Punta Cana, Tunis, etc., flights between Paris-CDG or Marseille and Tel Aviv) and Air&Rail trips that enclose rail segment departing from Strasbourg or Brussels.
What Options Do You Have During Online Check-in?
If you are doing Air France web check-in or mobile check-in you have the following options-
- You can check in or view your flight information if you have a connecting or return flight within 24 hours of your departure.
- You can check in up to 9 passengers at once and choose which ones to check-in.
- You can select seats or pay for Seat Plus to get more legroom. Each passenger is assigned a seat, and you can choose different seats for different passengers.
- You can buy more baggage allowance at a discounted rate (at least 20% off the airport price).
- You can print your baggage tags and receipts at home (color printing is required for flights departing from the European Union), and you'll be given reusable luggage tag holders at the airport.
How Do I Download Air France Boarding Pass?
At the end of your Air France Airlines web check-in, you will get the option to receive your boarding pass in the following ways-
- print boarding pass Air France Airlines in letter-size
- E-mail the pass to your registered email.
- Receive the pass on your mobile
- Get it at the airport (Self-Service Kiosk or check-in counter).
Boarding With Air France
If you are arriving at the airport and have to check in do comply with the check-in deadlines. However, if you have done your Air France Airlines mobile check-in or web check-in, you can arrive late at the airport.
Still, you will have to keep the boarding deadlines in your mind so that you don’t miss your flight. If you are not present at the boarding gates till the boarding deadline, the gates will be closed for further boarding and your tickets will be canceled by Air France.
This is crucial as if you are late, the gates to enter the plane will be closed. You can also present your Air France Airlines mobile boarding pass to enter the plane. So keep these boarding times in mind so that you can easily board your plane-
- For flights between Paris-Orly and metropolitan France destinations, the boarding deadline is 15 minutes.
- For all the other flights the boarding deadline is 20 minutes.