To check in with Air Transat, you need to follow certain steps that are easy and quick to adapt. You can choose any method the airline offers to complete your check-in process and download your boarding pass. If you are planning to fly with Air Transat, go through the check-in process in detail well in advance.
Preparing For Air Transat Check in
It is very important for you to keep a few things in mind while preparing yourself to proceed with the check-in process. If you miss any important factor then you may have to face certain consequences. That's why you must know how important it is to carry proper documents.
Necessary Documents For The Check-in Process
Have you ever faced the problem of missing required documents during the check-in process? If yes, then don't worry, Air Transat has got you covered! Some of the Air Transat check-in documents that you must have are:
- A valid ID proof having the correct name, and date of birth.
- Ticket number or booking reference number.
- Visa and Passport, if traveling internationally.
Baggage Allowance and Restrictions
At the time of check-in with Air Transat, you can carry checked baggage which should not be more than 23 kg, in weight. If the limit exceeds 32 kg, you will have to pay a charge which is USD 100.
There are certain restricted items listed by the airline that they do not allow you to carry in your baggage. These are the items that by any means may cause harm to other passengers traveling along.
The airline has several seating options, from which you have the opportunity to choose the seat of your choice when going through the Air Transat check-in process.
- Seating prices may vary depending on the seat class you choose. You can also buy an extra seat if you need it.
- The comfort of your seat will also depend on the seating class selected by you at the time of check-in.
Air Transat Check-in Process
To make travel easier for you, the airline has come up with different methods that can be used to check in for your Transat flight. You can also choose the option which you find easy to follow and go ahead.
Air Transat Web Check-in
The online check-in process is quite beneficial for those who find it difficult to travel to the airport for the process. The process is so flexible that everyone can use it. You can do the process online using your computer from the airline's website.
To check in through their website:
- Visit Air Transat’s official website.
- Click on the check-in tab, and fill out all the necessary details.
- The details should include your name, ticket number, and booking reference number.
- choose your preferred seat.
- Click on the confirm button and download your boarding pass.
Common Issues And Solutions
Passengers tend to face some issues while checking in online for their flights. These may be technical or due to some carelessness made by the passengers:
- This problem may arise if the airline needs to check some of your documents in person. In this case, your process will be kept on hold, and you need to visit the airport to complete your process
- If you have booked your flight through a travel agent, sometimes you may miss out on the reservation number, due to which you are unable to check in online. If this is the case, you need to reach out to your agent and find out the solution with the help of your agent.
- If the airline denies your boarding due to overbooking and because of this if you miss out on the web check-in timings. In such cases, you either need to cancel your flight and book a new one, or postpone your flight.
Note: If you could not complete your check-in in time and misses your flight as well, then you must take your next step as per Air Transat Missed Flight Policy.
Web Check-in Time
The passengers should be firm with the Transat flight check-in time while doing the online check-in. Make sure not to miss out on the check-in timings at all. As per the airline, you can do the online check-in from 24 hours to 2 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight. You need to complete the entire check-in process between the scheduled time only.
Air Transat Mobile Check-in
Keeping in mind the comfort and convenience of the users, the airline also allows you to check in for your Transat flight using your smartphone. All you need is good internet connectivity, and the process can be completed smoothly.
- Download the airline’s app which is available on Play Store and App Store.
- After opening the app, click on the check-in tab.
- Provide all the necessary details, and select your desired seat.
- After all your documents are verified and you have selected your seat, click on the confirm button and download your boarding pass.
Mobile Check-in Time
By when should I check in for my Air transat flight using my mobile phone? To clear this doubt of yours, you have to do the check-in process from 24 hours to 2 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
If you have a confirmed flight ticket in hand, you can go to the airport and perform the self-service kiosk process. The process is quite simple and easy. The check-in process is quick and can be easily adapted by the passengers. The steps that are to be undertaken for this process are discussed below:
- Go to the airport with a self-kiosk system.
- Fill out all the required details.
- Click on your preferred seat, and tap on the confirm option.
- Once done, download your boarding pass and luggage tags.
Kiosk Check-in time
Nobody wished to miss their flight, especially when they have the confirmed ticket in hand right? Therefore, make sure to reach the airport timely to perform the self-service kiosk check-in process. You need to complete the whole process in the scheduled time only, which is between 24 hours to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of your flight.
You also have the option to check in for your flight via the offline method, which is the Airport check-in method. This process has to be done at the check-in desk of the airport:
- Go to the Air Transat check-in counter.
- Ask the agent to help you with the check-in process.
- Hand over all the necessary documents to the agent.
- Take your boarding pass and luggage tags from the counter itself
You get a lot many benefits if you use this process for doing your check-in. Some of the benefits are listed below:
- Not everyone is comfortable using the online check-in process. For them, airport check-in serves as an advantageous tool.
- If you check in at the airport, you can cross-question the executive anytime, about the flight or any other query.
- In some airports, and for some airlines, if you check in at the airport, you may have to pay less check-in charge than asked in the online method.
Common Issues and Solutions
Certainly, the airport check-in process is quick and convenient. But, there are some common issues that the passenger may face while doing airport check-in. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The passengers may have to stand in long lines to wait for their check-in turn.
- You may face problems if you do not have all the documents required for the check-in process. So make sure to carry all your documents when you go to the airport.
Airport Check-in Time
The time of airport check-in for Air Transat depends on your route of travel. The airport check-in time ranges from 4 hours to 60 minutes if you are traveling internationally, and 4 hours to 45 minutes if it is a domestic flight. So, make sure to reach the airport early or on time.
Tips For Air Transat Early Check-in
Almost all passengers wish to check in early for their flights. Some of the Transat early check-in tips are as follows.
- Use the online check-in process, this will save you time, and you can do the early check-in.
- Avoid reaching the airport late at any cost.
- Follow the timings strictly.
How to Download Air Transat Boarding Pass?
Once you are done with the check-in process, another important step that comes is to download the boarding pass. The Transat boarding pass can be downloaded using 4 different methods.
Method 1: Collect Your Boarding Pass At an Airport Kiosk
The first and foremost method of Air Transat print boarding passes is doing it at the airport kiosk. The process is hassle-free, all you need to do is follow certain steps.
- Go to the Airport Kiosk System, and complete your check-in process.
- Once done, the boarding passes downloading tab will be displayed on your screen.
- Click on that tab, download, and print your boarding pass.
- Print your boarding pass and the luggage tags.
Method 2: Collecting Your Passes From The Check-in Desk
The print boarding pass Air Transat process can be done at the check-in desk of the airport. For this firstly, you need to complete the check-in process, and then follow the procedure for downloading your boarding pass.
- Go to the check-in desk, and connect with the concerned executive.
- Carry out all the check-in formalities.
- After the verification process, ask the executive to provide you with the boarding pass.
- Collect your boarding pass and luggage tags from the counter.
Method 3: Download The Boarding Pass Using Your Computer
One of the most convenient and widely used ways to download your boarding pass is to do it using your computer. This saves a lot of your time and energy. All you need to do is:
- Get your web check-in process done using your computer.
- Tap on the downloading pass tab.
- Download and print your boarding pass for further usage.
Method 4: Using a Mobile Boarding Pass
For frequent mobile users, the airline gives you the opportunity to download your Air Transat mobile boarding pass using your smartphone. This process does not require much effort and can be done by following certain simple steps.
- Download the airline’s app and complete the check-in process.
- After that, click on the tab that says to download the boarding pass.
- Take a screenshot of your downloaded pass.
- Now, you can make use of this pass for further use.
- Stay updated with the airline check-in process and other information.