One of the largest airlines in all of North America and the United States, Alaska Airlines is ranked 5th among all major airlines operating in the continent.
The airline allows you to check in 24 hours before your scheduled departure time as well as you do not need to be at the airport to complete your check-in process. Wonder how? To get a full view of the Alaska Airlines check-in process please read this article, it will help you to how to complete your check in the easiest way.
What Are the Alaska Airlines Boarding and check-in times?
1. Online check-in: If you are doing online check-in for Alaska Airlines then you can check in between 1 - 24 hours before the departure of your flight.
2. Passengers with/without checked baggage: If you do not have any checked bags and you have done your check-in process online then you can simply directly go to the security gate.
- But if you want to check in at the airport then you must reach the airport as early as 2 hours and 3 hours before the flight departure depending on if your flight is domestic or International.
- If you want to check in with baggage, you can check your bag 4 hours before your flight departure time.
- The cut-off time for flight check-in is 60 minutes for international and 40 minutes for domestic flights.
There are also some different Alaska check-in time as cut-off or deadlines that applies for both passengers with or without checked baggage such as:
- 45 minutes for Las Vegas, Portland, Atlanta, Denver, Philadelphia, and Salt Lake City.
- 60 minutes for King Salmon and Dillingham.
- 90 minutes for Guadalajara.
3. Passengers with Pets: If you are traveling with pets on Alaska Airlines, the check-in process for the pets can be completed 2 hours before your flight departure.
- Talking about the cut-off time for pets to be checked is 60 minutes before your flight departure and 90 minutes if your flight is departing from Guadalajara.
4. Alaska Airlines Boarding: If your check-in and boarding pass is clear then you must be available as well as ready at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes before your flight departure.
What Are The Requirements For Alaska Airlines Check-in?
When you travel you need to show some documents at the airport. Alaska Airlines also required some specific documents if you are traveling with the airline. The Alaska Airlines check-in documents may vary according to your flight type such as Domestic or International as well as International passengers need to provide some information and documents. Let's discuss:
For Domestic Flights:
For domestic flights with Alaska Airlines, you will need to provide one of these:-
- State ID card
- Military ID card
- Native American tribal ID
- Resident Alien Card
- Driver's license
For International Flights:
For domestic flights with Alaska Airlines, you will need to provide some information and documents such as:
- Crucial information such as your full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, and country of residence.
- Documents such as your passport, travel document number (expiration date and country of issue for passport)
- UMNR children traveling alone outside the US need to provide the required documents such as the consent letter from the parents/guardians.
For International Passengers:
International passengers who are traveling from/to/within the United States will need to provide some crucial information as well as documents for the security reasons such as:-
- Full name of the passenger along with the date of birth, gender/sex, Nationality, or country of residence.
- Travel documents such as a Passport with (expiration date and country of issue for passport) as well as a valid US Visa.
- Destination address in the U.S. (Not required for U.S. nationals, Legal Permanent Residents, or Alien Residents of the U.S. entering the U.S.)
What Are The Alaska Airlines Check-In Methods?
Alaska Airlines' check-in option is very convenient for the passengers, you have multiple options by which you can check in for your Alaska flight either at the airport or even 24 hours before reaching the airport.
Alaska Airlines Web Check-in:
To check in online with the web for Alaska Airlines please follow the given steps:-
- Visit the official website
- You can see a big box with the tagline ‘Welcome. Let's go Somewhere’
- The box has 4 options out of which one option is to Check-in. Click on it.
- Another box will open with some blank spaces to fill in the departure city, and one of the 3 options that you can choose is the Confirmation code, E-ticket number, and Milage plan number.
- After filling out this box you can continue to check in.
Alaska Airlines Mobile Check-in:
The mobile application of Alaska Airlines has many benefits along with the online check-in benefits such as:-
- You can check in as well as get your digital Alaska Airlines mobile boarding pass which saves you from the long lines at the airport.
- You can also sign the health agreement if needed on your mobile.
- Checking your flight status in the mobile application is also very easy.
- Changing the reservation is also available.
- Get travel updates along with boarding notices.
The Alaska Airlines Kiosk machines placed at the airport can be used for multiple works such as:-
- You can check in with these self-service kiosk machines.
- You can change your flight if you want and think have reached the airport too early for an extra fee of $25.
- Switch your seat or upgrade to First Class.
- Print and reprint your Alaska boarding pass.
- You can also check your bags and get your baggage tag with the help of these kiosk machines.
Airport Ticket Counter Check-in:
The customer service representatives of Alaska Airlines are always available for the service of the passengers. You must reach the airport at least 2-3 hours before the departure of your flight. If you have baggage the check-in they will be accepted within 4 hours of your flight departure.