Caribbean Airlines offers one of the best proprietary check-in services. To avoid any last-minute hassles, you can easily opt for this airline's online check-in facility which can be done up to 1 day prior to the departure of the flight.
What Are The Timings For Caribbean Airlines?
Different airlines have varied timings depending on the passengers arriving at the airport and the time taken for successful check-in. You are invited by the airport during a time interval during which you can easily complete your check-in, security check, and boarding procedure.
This process is easier and less stressful as you can easily check in even from the comfort of your home. However, not everyone can have the same right to check-in online. The timing for Caribbean Airlines online check-in is between 24 hours to 3 hours before the flight departs.
The deadline for checking in is 1 hour before the departure and this applies even to the offline check-in methods.
During offline Caribbean Airlines flight check-in, you will require an ample amount of time to complete all of the processes without getting late for boarding. So the minimum time at which you should be present at the airport is 3 hours prior to the departure.
Web Caribbean flight check-in is not available for passengers who are-
- Traveling on any code-shared or interline flight (other airlines connecting flights). This must be done right at the airport’s counter.
- Waiting for stand-by listing. You are required to visit the airport to make sure you get your flights on time.
Passengers with special requests are required to visit the airport’s counter check-in and collect their boarding passes. They will also be able to change their seat allotments at the airport only.
For web and mobile check-in the timing is from 24 hours to 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
For Kiosks, the deadline for Caribbean check-in time is from 24 hours to 90 minutes before the flight departure.
Usually, the deadline for offline check-in at the counter for Caribbean Airlines is 3 hours before the scheduled departure, and the gates close 1 hour before the flight departure.
In some cases, the timings might differ-
- Caracas, Venezuela - The check-in starts 3 hours prior to the departure and closes 2 hours before the departure.
- All other international flights - For all other international destinations the check-in time is from 3 hours to 1 hour prior to departure.
- Domestic - For any domestic flight the check-in time is between 3 hours to 1 hour before the scheduled flight departure.
How To Check-In for Caribbean Airlines?
Caribbean Airlines allows users to check in via various methods. If you are tech-savvy and have a good knowledge of the internet, you can do Caribbean Airlines web check in and Carribean mobile check-in. However, for people with less knowledge of the internet, the Kiosk's self-service and counter check-in is very suitable.
Caribbean Airlines Web Check-In
Caribbean Airlines has a differentiated feature to let passengers do Caribbean check-in online and also lets them make changes to their itinerary. You will have the web check-in option available if you comply with the above limitations. Here are the steps on how you can do your web check-in-
- For the very first step, you will have to visit the official website of Caribbean Airlines.
- Thereafter click on the Check-In page icon. The check-in page will pop open.
- Here you will need to enter your last name and the booking reference number or the E-ticket number.
- Thereafter select the passengers you are flying with along with selecting their genders.
- Now you will be able to select the flight you are traveling with, here enter the Advanced Passenger Information(API) which includes any of these Caribbean Airlines check-in documents:
- If you are holding a passport, you need to enter all the details mentioned in the passport.
- If you are moving in/out of the U.S., due to US Customs and Border Protection requirements you will need to enter your permanent country of residence.
- Alien Registration Card- If this applies to you, enter all the details mentioned on the card.
- If traveling to the U.S., you will have to enter the residential address of the place you are staying at.
- For U.S. nationals, you will have to provide an emergency contact person and their number.
- Now review all the details provided by you and change your seats if required. Then click on the confirm Caribbean Airlines web check-in button.
- Either you can download your boarding pass and keep it on your device or print it on letter-size paper.
Caribbean Airlines Mobile Check-In
The feature to check-in with your mobile has added a benefit, so you can Caribbean Airlines check in from anywhere you like without any disturbance. You can enjoy many features to play with your tickets as well. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to complete your -Caribbean Airlines mobile check-in
- To get started, you'll need to download the Caribbean Airlines app on your mobile device.
- Open the app and navigate to the check-in section.
- Enter your booking reference number or e-ticket number, as well as any other details requested such as your passport or ID information.
- If you have a preference for where you sit on the flight, you can choose your seat from the available options.
- Check that all of your flight details are correct, including your departure time and destination.
- If you have any outstanding fees or charges, make sure to take care of them at this point.
- You can either save your boarding pass to your device or have it sent to your email, whichever is more convenient for you.
- Remember, if you have any checked baggage, you'll still need to go to the bag drop counter at the airport to check it in.
Caribbean Airlines Kiosks Check-In
Kiosks have made it easier for travelers to check in directly without having to line up in front of the counter. You might find it much easier to complete your check-in process using Kiosk if you have not done online check-in.
Here are all the steps you need to do while checking in at Kiosks.
- First, head over to the Caribbean Airlines kiosk located in the check-in area of the airport.
- The kiosk screen will display instructions to help you start the check-in process.
- You'll need to provide some details like your booking reference number or e-ticket number, and possibly your passport or ID information.
- If you want to choose your seat, the kiosk will show you the available options and you can pick your favorite.
- Double-check that the flight details on the screen are correct, including your departure time and destination.
- If there are any outstanding fees or charges, you'll need to pay them at this point.
- You can either print your boarding pass for Caribbean Airlines at the kiosk or have it sent to your phone.
- If you're checking in baggage, head over to the bag drop counter next to get your bags tagged and checked in.
Caribbean Airlines Counter Check-In
The basic way to check in is to visit the Caribbean Airlines counter and let the counter agent help you with the check-in process. If you are in need of some special assistance you can only get it at the counter itself. Here are the steps for check-in at the counter-
- When you arrive at the airport, look for the Caribbean Airlines check-in counter. It should be clearly labeled, but if you're not sure, you can always ask an airport employee for directions.
- Get in line at the counter. There may be other passengers ahead of you, so be prepared to wait for a few minutes.
- When you get to the front of the line, the Caribbean Airlines agent will ask to see your travel documents, such as your passport and boarding pass. Make sure you have these handy and ready to present.
- The agent will then ask you a few questions to confirm your identity and travel details. They may also ask you about your baggage, so be prepared to answer any questions they may have.
- After confirming your information, the agent will give you the Caribbean Airlines print boarding pass and any baggage tags that you need.
- If you have checked baggage, the agent will ask you to place it on the scale so that it can be weighed and tagged.
- Once your baggage is tagged, the agent will take it from you and send it on its way to your destination.
- With your boarding pass and baggage taken care of, you're free to proceed to security and then to your gate for boarding.
How to Download a Caribbean Airlines Boarding Pass?
Although the boarding process of Caribbean Airlines is time-consuming but do you know how to get your Caribbean boarding pass? If not, here’s how you will get your boarding pass directly.
- Download the pass from the website after check-in and then print it on letter-size paper.
- Get it printed directly by the agent at the counter.
- Use the kiosk to help you get the boarding pass printed by the machine.
- Download the boarding pass on your mobile device and keep it as a mobile boarding pass.
Boarding With Caribbean Airlines
Caribbean Airlines make sure that every person gets on board safely and on time. You are therefore required to reach the boarding gates keeping enough time in hand to get on the plane before the gate closes.
Once the gate closes, you will have no option left to get on board. If there are chances, you might have to pay some late fee and get on board.
The boarding process is divided into different priority groups and each group has its own priority.
- Pre-Boarding Group- Preboarding is only allowed to passengers with special assistance and unaccompanied minors. Pre-boarding is also available to families with infants or small children however it is available only on flights operated by 737-8 aircraft. These passengers can also enjoy Caribbean early check-in benefits.
- Group 1- Group 1 boarding is limited to Business class passengers only.
- Group 2- Boarding for group 2 is available for Caribbean Club, Caribbean Miles Executive Gold, Caribbean Miles Gold, and Caribbean Miles Silver in the economy class ATR aircraft.
- Group 3- The boarding for group 3 is limited to Caribbean Plus members in ATR aircraft’s economy class.
- Group 4 & 5- The boarding for groups 4 and 5 is for economy class passengers in the ATR aircraft’s economy section.
- Group 6 & 7- The Boarding for groups 6 and 7 for economy class is not available in ATR aircraft.