Completing the check-in and boarding process is a must after booking a flight with Copa Airlines. Because this airline offers the easiest check-in policies as compared to other airlines.
Let us provide you with complete information about it so that your entire journey becomes much easier.
Documents Needed For Copa Airlines Check In
|Valid Id Proof||Military ID (If you are militaries )|
|Ticket No. / Booking Reference No||Visa (If you are Travelling Internationally)|
|Passport (If you are Travelling Internationally)|
Copa Airline Check-In Process
This Airlines offer flyers with various check-in methods that include web, mobile, self-service kiosks, and traditional check-in at the airport.
Let’s learn more about the guidelines of each method and the restrictions you may face as a passenger.
Web Check-in is an incredibly convenient and time-saving option for travelers. By choosing this option, you can have your boarding pass in hand even before you reach the airport.
If you have booked a flight with Copa Airlines, you can avail of the web check-in option and get your boarding pass between 24 hours and 1 hour before your scheduled departure time.
Steps for web check-in
- Visit the official website or install the mobile app.
- Provide the reservation code and last name.
- From the available options select your preferred seat.
- Confirm all the details.
- Print or download the boarding pass.
You should be aware of the following limits for web check-in, though:
- Passengers who have made changes to their reservation but still need to pay fees will not be able to use web check-in. Instead, they should contact an airline representative through their reservation center.
- Furthermore, only passengers flying with Copa (CM) Airlines or Copa (CM) Airlines Colombia are eligible for web check-in. Passengers who are traveling with pets are also not allowed to check in online. Lastly, it is important to note that travelers with paper tickets will not be able to use web check-in.
The web Check-in process for passengers traveling with baggage:
It is advisable that travelers who proceed with Copa airline flight booking also have luggage. They must take into account these factors to complete their web check-in procedure quickly and easily.
- You must still be at the check-in desk 90 minutes before the flight's planned departure even if you have finished the web check-in process to have time to check your bags.
- If you are flying without any luggage and also have checked in through the website or mobile application. Then you must ensure to arrive at the boarding gate 45 minutes before the departure.
- Provide your documentation and be at the airport 30 minutes before departure for domestic flights.
- Costa Rican travelers must check their immigration paperwork at the Copa Airlines desk when they arrive.
- Passengers flying from Costa Rica must report at the Copa Airlines counter for the verification of their immigration documents.
Passengers following these categories can’t opt for the web check-in facility;
- Passengers who choose to book flights should be aware that they may be required to pay additional airport fees.
- Additionally, if their connecting flight is operated by a different airline than Copa Airlines, they may need to go through a separate booking process. Unaccompanied minors who are not accompanied by an adult are not eligible for reservations, and group reservations are also not permitted.
- Passengers who will be traveling with pets on their flight should also take note that certain restrictions may apply.
Another more accessible and handy method that flyers who book a flight with Copa Airlines can use is the mobile check-in process. To proceed with mobile check-in, follow these steps.
- Install the mobile application.
- Search for the “Check-in” option.
- To proceed with the booking details, share your personal information. Also, select the seat of your preference.
- After confirming your details, you will receive your boarding pass.
If you have completed the Copa Airlines book a flight step. Now you want to learn about the Kiosk Check-in. Then follow these steps for Kiosk check-in.
- Search for self-service kiosks after reaching the airport.
- Select preferred language
- Click the check-in option and follow the process instructed on the screen.
- Provide all the necessary details.
- After verification, select the seat.
- Get the boarding pass.
Copa flight check-in has the availability of airport Kiosk in the following cities:
- Panama, Panama (PTY)
- Miami, United States (MIA)
- San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
Check-in for Copa Airlines at the airport
Copa airline welcomes passengers with special assistance, pet, or unaccompanied minors for check-in at the airport.
- Passengers with international bookings must report at the airport 2 hours before the flight's departure.
- If you book a domestic flight with Copa (CM) Airlines book a flight option, having routes within Colombia and Panama, you have to report at the airport 1 hour before the departure of the flight.
- Flyers booking flights with the United States must report to the airline 3 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- On the other hand, flyers booking from Venezuela must report at the airport 4 hours before the departure.
- Flight check-in counters close 60 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight. Similarly, in the case of flights departing from Venezuela, the check-in counter closes 2 hours before the flight's scheduled departure.
Steps for downloading a Copa Boarding pass
Once you have completed the check-in process, you might be wondering how to download your boarding pass or what the easiest way to do so is. Fortunately, there are several methods available to download your boarding pass easily. To learn more about these methods, simply scroll down below.
Download from the Kiosk at the airport
To download the boarding pass from Kiosk, you can follow these simple steps:
- The Kiosk is near the check-in counter or the departure gate at the airport. Try to first locate the kiosk at the airport.
- You can now follow the instructions on the screen for scanning your passport. You can also enter your booking number or frequent flyer number.
- Select and complete the check-in process.
- Once done, you will be able to print your boarding pass.
There are some specific airport times for flights in the table below:
|Destinations||Check-in Times||Baggage Check-in||Boarding door closes|
|Flights from the United States||3 hours before||1 hour before||10 minutes before|
|Flights from Venezuela||5 hours before||3 hours before||10 minutes before|
|Flights from Santiago, Chile||4 hours before||1 hour before||10 minutes before|
|Flights from Lima||4 hours before||1 hour before||10 minutes before|
|Flights from Sao Pulo||4 hours before||1 hour before||10 minutes before|
Tips for Copa Airlines early check-in
If you opt to book a flight with this Airline then you can refer to the below points to complete the check-in process at the earliest.
- The options for online web check-in and mobile check-in allows early check-in for the flyers. You can proceed to check in 24 hours before the departure of the scheduled flight. By doing so you will be able to save time and choose your preferred seat as well.
- Try to arrive 3 hours before the departure of the scheduled flight. By doing so you will smoothly complete your check-in process.
- You can also use the airport Kiosk for completing the check-in process for your luggage. This will save a lot of your time if you have complete web check-in.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the status of your flight. This will help you in making plans accordingly.
- If you have any sort of confusion or question in your head reading the booking or check-in process. Then you can opt to call on Copa Airlines to book a flight phone number i.e. 1-800-359-2672. However, flyers who are not from the United States can contact us through the website.