Select your seat, check your luggage, and opt for more amenities even after your booking and before your boarding, confused? How it can be possible? It is possible through the check-in for Delta Airlines, which allows you to check in 24 hours before your flight departure. With Delta Airlines you can check in many ways and they are way simple as well as super easy so that you get no stress.
What Are the Delta Airlines Boarding and check-in times?
The Check-in time for Delta Airlines may differ based on the type you are checking in. As there are two obvious ways of check-in either online or in person at the airport the time of these two are different as well, read about the check-in timings in brief below.
Delta Airlines Web or Mobile Check-in
- If you prefer to Delta check-in online before reaching the airport then you are allowed to check in 24 hours before the departure time of your flight.
- The 24-hour check-in time is the maximum time in which you can check in for your flight but the minimum time or say the deadline for the online check-in is 1 hour prior to your scheduled flight departure.
Check-in at the Airport for Domestic Flights:
Delta Airlines advises that if you have not checked in online and you are reaching the airport for your domestic flights you should reach the airport at least 2 hours before your scheduled Delta flight departure. This will give you extra time to complete the process as well as the check-in process.
- The airline also advises that you must check in at least 30-45 minutes prior to your flight departure. And if you have checked baggage make sure that you must check in at least 40-45 minutes before your flight departure.
- Delta check-in time has this strict schedule because they want you to board your flight on time. The airline wants to ensure that you must be ready at the gate to board the plane at least 15 minutes before the flight departure.
Check-in at the Airport for International Flights:
For International flights with Delta, the airline advises you to reach the airport at least 3 hours before your flight departure if you have not completed your check-in process.
- The time of 3 hours is so that you can do all the international flight procedures at the airport on time, as the airline suggests that you must check in at least 1 hour before the flight departure. However if you miss your flight then you should have already know about Delta missed flight policy.
- The airline also suggests you be ready at the boarding gates at least 45 minutes before the flight departure.
There are some exceptions to this time period at certain airports around the world. To know about the minimum time to reach the airport as well as the check-in process and boarding gates, here is the list:
|International Airports Destinations||Minimum time be at the Airport at least before flight departure||Minimum time to be at the gates at least before flight departure|
|Accra, Ghana (ACC)||3-4 Hours||2 Hours|
|Athens, Greece (ATH)||2 Hours||60 Minutes|
|Aruba, Aruba (AUA)||75 Minutes||60 Minutes|
|Bogota, Colombia (BOG)||2 Hours||45 Minutes|
|Brussels, Belgium (BRU)||2-3 Hours||60 Minutes|
|Dakar, Senegal (DSS)||90 Minutes||60 Minutes|
|Dublin, Ireland (DUB)||4 Hours||60 Minutes|
|Lagos, Nigeria (LOS)||75 Minutes||45 Minutes|
|Moscow, Russia (SVO)||4 Hours||45 Minutes|
|Mumbai, India (BOM)||3 Hours||60 Minutes|
|Nassau, Bahamas (NAS)||75 Minutes||45 Minutes|
|Regina, Canada (YQR)||2 Hours||60 Minutes|
|Toronto, Ontario (YYZ)||90 Minutes||45 Minutes|
|St. George, Bermuda (BDA)||90 Minutes||45 Minutes|
|St. Lucia (UVF)||2 Hours||45 Minutes|
|Providenciales, Turks & Caicos (PLS)||2 Hours||45 Minutes|
What Are The Requirements for Delta Airlines Check-in?
Delta Airlines requires you to provide some crucial documents to travel on its flights. These Delta Airlines check-in documents are helpful to identify you as well as for security purposes. You are required to provide documents according to your travel type like if you are traveling within the US, outside the US, and to the US you will be required different documents to travel.
Travel Within the US
To travel within the US, you need to have government-issued ID proof that can be anything from the below-mentioned documents:-
- Driver's License
- Military ID
- Other Government-Issued Photo ID Card
Travel Outside of the US
To travel outside of the US you need to keep in mind some special requirements as well as provide certain documents read the points mentioned below:-
- You need a Valid Passport to enter any country.
- You may also require a Visa but it may vary according to the country you are traveling to.
- Check with the local embassy and TSA if any other document is required for the county you are traveling to.
- Review your passport expiry date as some countries also require it.
- If you are a US citizen and want to enter the territories like Puerto Rico then you do not need a have a passport with you.
- If you are a permanent resident in the US, please have your valid documents so that you can re-enter the US.
Traveling to the US
To travel to the US from another country with Delta Airlines you need to complete the requirements given below:-
- A valid passport issued by the government of your resident country.
- You will need a US visa if you are not a US citizen, PR, or coming from a Visa Waiver country.
- A Health certificate may also require if you are coming from certain countries and have some medical issue going on within their territories.
What Are The Delta Airlines Check-In Methods?
You have many options by which you can check in with Delta Airlines, online you have web and mobile check-in options, in person you have Kiosk, Counter, and Curbside check-in options at the airport. Read about all the methods in detail below:-
Online Web Check-in
For Delta Airlines web check-in you need to follow some simple steps mentioned such as:-
- In the first step, you need to open the official website www.delta.com.
- On the very first page of the page, the header clicks on the check-in option or visits the ‘My Trips’ page on the website.
- Enter your Confirmation/Ticket/SkyMiles/Credit Card number to log in and get access to your itinerary.
- Get your e-Boarding pass or you can also have a Delta Airlines print boarding pass through the website directly.
Online Mobile Check-in
For Delta Airlines mobile check-in or check-in for other handy devices such as smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, etc you must follow the following steps:-
- Download the Fly Delta Application available in the Android and Apple app stores.
- In the next step log in or register for a SkyMiles account.
- Enter your trip confirmation number.
- When you get to log in to the app you will automatically check-in in 24 hours before the flight departure.
- You can see your baggage tracker, Delta Airlines mobile boarding pass, and many more by using the Today mode in the application.
Airport Kiosk Check-in
The Delta Airlines self-service Kiosk machines are available in most airports around the US and the world. If you are arriving at the airport for your flight you can use these Kiosk machines for your check-in process.
- After finding a Delta Kiosk machine enter your SkyMiles, confirmation, or eTicket number to check in for your flight.
- You can also make any change to your booking like adding any amenities, upgrading the seating, adding any extra baggage as well, and many more.
- Also, you can download, print and re-print your Delta boarding pass with the help of these self-service Kiosk machines.
Airport Curbside Check-in
At most airports in the US, you can find Delta Curbside Check-in Desks. These Curbside Desks are located at the passenger drop-off and you can check in directly from there. These Curbside Desks do not charge anything extra for the service.
You can check your baggage as well from these Curbside Desks but if you have any overweight or oversized or both baggage then you must check them from the oversized/overweight baggage area inside the airport. To know more details about the procedure to add an extra baggage, you can check the Delta baggage policy.
Airport Counter Check-in
If the Kiosk machine is not working at the airport or you want any special assistance, you can check in at the Delta Airlines check-in counter at the airport.
There the Delta employees will do the check-in for you as well as you can check your bag, the only condition is you should reach the airport on time according to your flight type.
How to get a Delta Boarding Pass?
There are some very simple methods by which you can have your Delta Airlines boarding pass easily such as:-
- You can get your boarding pass over your e-mail while you check in through the online methods of web and mobile check-in.
- You can also download the boarding pass through the online method, you will get an option stating to download the boarding pass.
- Self-service Kiosk machines are also sufficient to provide you with the boarding pass and you can have a print copy of it.
- At last, you can get your boarding pass from the Delta check-in counters at the airport.
Priority Boarding in Delta Airlines
Delta Airlines has many boarding zones dedicated and based on your membership with Delta as well as your seating cabin type. Here are the priority-wise points containing the details about different boarding areas as well as their eligibility:-
- Pre-Boarding: First boarding priority will be given to the passengers who need some extra time or assistance to the board as well as Active US Military Personals (ID will be needed).
- Delta One or First Class: Second priority will be given to the premium cabin seating class of Delta Airlines Delta One and First Class passengers.
- Diamond Medallion Members: Members of the Delta Diamond Medallion membership.
- Delta Premium Select: Now the Delta Premium Select cabin seating passengers will board along with the passengers with Car Seats and strollers.
- Delta Comfort+: Passengers with the Delta+ cabin seating class.
- Sky Priority: Next the members of Platinum Medallion, and Gold Medallion along with the members of Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold, Flying Blue Platinum & Gold, Latam Pass Black Signature, Black, and Platinum Elite.
- Main Cabin 1: Members of the Delta Silver Medallion, Delta SkyMiles Gold, Platinum, and Reserve American Express card. Delta Corporate Travelers along with the members of SkyMiles Select, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Silver, Flying Blue Silver,
- Latam Pass Gold+ Elite, WestJet Silver Elite, and Sky Team Elite.
- Main Cabin 2: Passengers of the main cabin seating class.
- Main Cabin 3: Main Cabin passengers with fare types of T, X, and V.
- Basic Economy: Passengers with basic economy fare will board in the last.