Hawaiian Airlines have been slowly but impactfully improving its outreach and infrastructure. This in turn has made an adverse effect on travelers via Hawaiian Airlines. If you are traveling via Hawaiian Airlines you would definitely love to have your travel experience flawless and smooth. So the airlines have various options for their passengers so that they can easily do Hawaiian Airlines check in.
What Are The Timings For Hawaiian Airlines?
Hawaiian Airlines have a well-established time structure for each and every process that needs to happen at a certain time interval. Being unable to comply with the timings may result in panic situations that you would not like to anticipate while traveling.
In short, you must arrive at the airport at a certain time that is assigned by the airlines at the latest. So, How early can you check in for a flight Hawaiian? For an answer to this, you will have to go through the points below-
Hawaiian Airlines Online Check-In
If you want to learn about the deadline for the Online check-in, it is mentioned below, however, the same applies to offline check-in (without baggage)-
- If you are traveling to any neighboring islands, you can check in 24 hours prior to the departure. Make sure you remember the deadline is 30 minutes prior to the departure.
- If you are traveling between Hawaiian and North American destinations, you can check in 24 hours before the plane departs. Keep in mind that the deadline for Hawaiian flight check-in for this travel is 45 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- If you are traveling between Hawaiian and any International destination, you can check in 24 hours before the scheduled departure of your plane. Although, 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure, is the deadline for check-in at the airport.
Offline Check-In (With Baggage)
The deadline for passengers using the Hawaiian Airlines offline check-in is described below-
- If you are willing to check in at the airport with baggage(s) you must arrive 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure. However, the deadline for light check-in timing is the same as mentioned above for other check-in methods.
How To Check-In for Hawaiian Airlines?
Hawaiian Airlines makes sure that each and every traveler has enough time to get from the check-in process to the boarding gates on time. Make sure to remember the Hawaiian check-in time to ensure a safe passage to the airport's gates. To ensure this, they have dedicated check-in methods formulated in a manner, you won’t have trouble during the process. Here are all the ways you can check in for your flight-
Hawaiian Airlines Web Check-In
The process of Hawaiian check-in online is so simplified at the official website that you can literally check-in in a few minutes. Here are the steps you need to follow to complete your Hawaiian Airlines flight web check-in-
- When you open the Hawaiian Airlines Official website you will get to see the "Check-In" tab, click on it.
- You must enter all your details like the confirmation code, and registration number along with your surname to continue with the process.
- After completion of the above procedure, select the number of applicable bags you will be checking in along with the number of passengers.
- Thereafter you will have to select the seat according to your preference.
- After this make sure to review all the details before confirming your check-in.
- At last, you can print your boarding pass or opt to save it to your mobile device.
Hawaiian Airlines Mobile Check-In
Hawaiian Airlines has developed its app in such a way that you can literally do anything with just a few taps on your device, sitting anywhere you like. You can use the official Hawaiian Airlines App for checking in via these easy steps-
- Open the Hawaiian Airlines app and log in to your account.
- After logging in, tap on the check-in button.
- Then enter your flight information correctly along with including your confirmation code and last name.
- Make sure to select the number of passengers you wish to do Hawaiian check-in online at a time.
- After that confirm and review your flight details that include any baggage or seating preferences.
- After the completion of the check-in process do remember to send your boarding pass directly on your mobile phone.
Hawaiian Airlines makes sure that if you love self-service you are welcome at Kiosk. Kiosks make it so much easier to conduct almost every process that you can do online or at the counter. You can check in for Hawaiian Airlines at the airport using the Kiosks with just a few steps-
- Get to any Kiosk at the airport and select the option to check in.
- Now, enter your E-ticket number or confirmation code, you can also swipe any credit or debit card on your name to search by name.
- After this, you will be able to check-in the number of baggage, allot, change, or upgrade your seats before confirming.
- Once you are done with the changes, confirm it all.
- You will now be able to print your boarding pass and also tags for your baggage.
The method of checking in at the counter used to be a tedious task but thanks to online and Kiosks, you can now get to the counter in no time. Here is what you need to do after reaching the counter
- While visiting the counter, make sure to showcase your Hawaiian Airlines check-in documents which are Government-issued ID and flight information to the agent.
- Next, give them the baggage you want to check in, if the baggage exceeds size or weight requirements, you must pay extra baggage fees for it. So, to avoid extra fees, you need to know about Hawaiian airlines baggage policy.
- Make sure to check all the details about your flight and seat allotment and confirm your check-in.
- Receive your printed boarding pass and any necessary travel documents.
Limitations to Kiosks Check-In
Kiosk self-service has made it easier to fly with Hawaiian Airlines, however, there are certain restrictions to the uses of Kiosks. Especially in the case of check-in, there are certain reservations that cannot be checked in using Kiosk-
- If you have recently modified your itinerary you will not be able to check in using the Kiosk.
- Most group booking reservations require check-in at the counter.
- You will have to check in at the counter for the flights operated by codeshare partners
- If you have made reservations with paper tickets, you need to visit the counter for manual check-in.
- You will have to visit the counter for check-in if the reservation is done with non-electronically issued/exchanged/revalidated tickets.
- While traveling one way internationally, due to visa requirements, you will have to visit the counter.
- Unaccompanied Minors are required to visit the counter with their parent(s) in order to check in.
- Passengers requesting bulkhead seats must check in through the counter agent.
- You should review the hawaiian airlines pet policy guidelines as well.
- Guests who do not finish upgrading seats online via web check-in can visit the counter and complete the process.
- Guests who have a balance due, but do not have a credit or debit card to use for payment can complete their payment by visiting the counter.
Airports With Self-Tagging Kiosks
Not every airport has a self-tagging Kiosks facility, so you must check out the airport list below to learn where are they available.
- Honolulu, Oahu (HNL)
- Hilo, Hawaii Island (ITO)
- Lihue, Kauai (LIH)
- Kona, Hawaii Island (KOA)
- Kahului, Maui (OGG)
- New York, New York (JFK)
- Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
- Oakland, CA (OAK)
- Portland, OR (PDX)
- Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
- Seattle, WA (SEA)
- San Diego, CA (SAN)
- San Francisco, CA (SFO)
- Sacramento, CA (SMF)
How to Download a Hawaiian Airlines Boarding Pass?
Boarding the Hawaiian Airlines plane has been easier than before. The airlines keep experimenting with their ideas to reduce the boarding time and each time comes up with a better solution to the previous ones.
Downloading the boarding pass is yet another task, although you can bypass it by carrying a digital e-Boarding pass. But having the hard copy is always good as you can keep it handy while boarding. Here are some of the ways how you can get your boarding pass printed or downloaded on your device
- After you have completed your online check-in, you will have the option to download the boarding pass on your device. Once done, you can print a boarding pass for Hawaiian Airlines on letter-size paper.
- While checking in offline you can get your boarding pass printed from Kiosks or from the counter.
- You can email the boarding pass and then download it as PDF.
- You can send it to your mobile number as a text message.
- You can also carry the Hawaiian Airlines mobile boarding pass by downloading it directly on your phone.
Boarding With Hawaiian Airlines
Boarding for Hawaiian Airlines has been simplified a lot in recent years. If you now visit the airport to board a flight with your Hawaiian boarding pass, you will be sent in two queues that are designated by Zones. Here is what each queue accompanies-
Queue 1 (First and Business Class)- All the persons requiring pre-boarding including disabled people or unaccompanied minors are sent in the first queue.
- Passengers who are boarding First class or Business class are covered under Premium Cabin and have to go in the first queue.
- Pualani Platinum Members are covered under Zone 1 and can line up in Queue 1.
- Pualani Gold Members and Premier Club Members are covered under Zone 2 and are allowed to line up in Queue 1.
Queue 2 (Main Cabin)- Any passenger under these categories can enjoy early check-in and early boarding facility and can enjoy being early in the line of queue 2- active duty military personnel and families with children under 2.
- Passengers buying extra comfort seats can line up second in queue 2 from Zone 3.
- Passengers having main cabin seats can board the plane from Zone 4 & 5 and can line up third in Queue 2.
- Passengers traveling via the main cabin basic seats will be lined up last in queue 2 and can board the plane from Zone 6.