Here we'll give you all the information you need to know about Qatar Airways check in procedures, including when you'll need to arrive at the airport, how to check-in, and how to collect your boarding pass. That way, you can feel confident and prepared when you fly with Qatar Airways.
What Are The Timings For Qatar Airways Check-In?
As mentioned earlier, the three check-in options are online, mobile, and counter. But just knowing this will not be enough to board the flight. You should also be aware of the timings of the check-in options so as to avoid any last-minute hassles.
For smooth check-in without any issues, it is advised to follow the brief timings mentioned below;
Starting and Ending Times of Online and Mobile Check-in
Want to do Qatar check-in online or via mobile? Kindly look at the below-given points to know the starting and ending times.
- For the flight from the US, you can do the online or mobile check-in 24 hours before your flight.
- If you are doing online or mobile check-in for the flight to the US then you can do the check-in procedure 24 hours before the flight from Doha.
- Apart from this, all the rest of the flights’ online and mobile check-in time will start 48 hours before the flight departs.
- And it will close 90 minutes before the departure time.
Note: You can only get to enjoy this online check-in facility only if you are flying with Qatar Airways or if your flight’s first segment is operated by Qatar.
Time Schedule of Counter Check-in
In this modern and digital era, if you still prefer the old check-in method then, this section is for you. For a seamless check-in for Qatar Airways at the airport counter, it is advisable to reach the airport at least 2 to 3 hours before your flight time. The closing time of the counter check-in is 60 minutes i.e. 1 hour before the scheduled flight time.
However, if you fail to do the check-in within the mentioned time then you might have to face some repercussions. Some of the basic yet general situations are
- If you do not complete the check-in procedure in time then there is a high chance that you might miss your flight.
- If you miss your flight then, based on your ticket class, you may have to rebook a flight by visiting Qatar Airways Booking section.
- Buying a new ticket can be a bit costly as you may have to pay some extra charges including taxes.
- In some cases, you might not claim any refund for your missed fight, etc.
What are the Steps for Qatar Flight Check-in?
Flying with Qatar Flight for the first time? Have no idea about the check-in procedure? If yes, then no worries. We have collected all the essential details about the check-in procedure to help you out. The detailed elaborations are represented below;
Qatar Online Check-in
To Qatar Web check in for your Qatar Airways flight online, start by going to the airline's official website. Look for the "manage my booking" section and click on the check-in option. Then, enter your last name and flight number and select your seat. Double-check all the information to make sure it's correct, and then you'll be able to download your boarding pass.
Flights that Allow Online Check-in
There are very less cities that allow Qatar Web check-in facilities. The name of the cities are;
- In Asia: Ahmedabad, Bali, Bangkok, Beijing, Bengaluru, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Jakarta, Karachi, Kathmandu, Kochi, Kozhikode, Osaka, Peshawar, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, and many more.
- In Australia: Melbourne
- In the Middle East & Africa: Abu Dhabi, Alexandria, Algiers, Amman, Bahrain, Beirut, Cairo, Cape Town, Lagos, Luxor, Muscat, Nairobi, Riyadh, Sanaa, Tehran, and many more.
- In Europe: Athens, Ankara, Geneva, Istanbul, Milan, Moscow, Rome, Vienna, Zurich, and many more.
- In North America: Houston, New York, and Washington
- In South America: Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo
Note: If you want to know all the cities then you can visit the Site “Online Check-in for Qatar Flight”.
Qatar Mobile Check-in
There are a few simple steps that you need to follow to complete your Qatar Airways mobile check-in. The steps are;
- Download the Qatar Mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Go to the check-in option.
- Fill out your ticket details.
- Select the seat.
- Cross-check the details.
- Tap on the “Confirmation” tab.
- Get your digital boarding pass.
If you have opted for the counter check-in option then you can follow the below-given methods to proceed with the check-in.
- The first thing that you have to do for counter check-in is to go to the airport.
- Then, search for the check-in counter.
- After that, you have to submit your details to the live agent of the counter.
- Then, select the seat.
- Review the details.
- Then you will receive your boarding pass and luggage tags (if any).
How To Download Boarding Passes for Qatar Airways?
To board the flight, a boarding pass is a very essential document that you have to show in the security and terminal section. Without this document, you are not allowed to fly.
To download your Qatar boarding pass online, you can follow the below-given steps;
- Open the official site of Qatar Airways.
- Complete the online check-in procedure.
- Confirm the details to avoid any problems during the checking.
- After you are done, you will get an option to “download boarding pass”.
- Tap on that option.
- After your pass is saved on your desktop or laptop. You can go to the cyber cafe to take a printout of the pass and you are done.
Note: You can also send the pass to your mobile or email. In this case, you do not have to take a printout of the pass.
Download Mobile Boarding Pass
You are advised to follow the below-given steps to print Qatar Airways mobile boarding pass;
- Firstly you must have to complete the mobile check-in procedure.
- After you are done with the check-in process, you will see an option on your screen to “download boarding pass”
- Just click on the tab, then download and save the boarding pass on your phone.
- You can also take a Screenshot at your convenience.
There are very few airports that allow mobile boarding passes. The names of the airports are;
In Africa: Durban Airport
In Europe: Amsterdam Airport, Belgrade Airport, Birmingham Airport, Budapest Airport, Cardiff Airport, Copenhagen Airport, Larnaca Airport, London Airport, London Gatwick Airport, Madrid Airport, Warsaw Airport, Yerevan Airport, Zagreb Airport, Zurich Airport, and many more.
In Asia: Adelaide Airport, Auckland, Canberra Airport, Chiang Mai Airport, Melbourne Airport, Perth Airport, Phnom Penh Airport, Phuket Airport, Seoul Airport, Sydney Airport, Tokyo Airport