Sky Airlines has introduced a new check-in feature known as the Automated Sky Check in service. After which you can go for boarding because this process is so easy that you can go to the airport on time and catch the flight.
Does Sky Airlines Offer Flexible Check-in Options?
Sky Airlines offers flexible check-in options to its valuable passengers. So if you are planning to travel with this airline then you must have a keen knowledge of the check-in facilities offered by the airline. The types of Sky Airlines flight check-in options are written below:
- Online Check-in
- Mobile Check-in
- Automatic Check-in
- Counter Check-in
What Are The Sky Airlines Check-in Timings?
If you want to reach somewhere the main asset that would help you is Time. If you are traveling with Sky Airlines then be very particular with the time. This airline has a very strict policy about time. To avoid any Sky Airlines missed flight situation, it is very important to complete the check-in procedure on time.
All the details regarding check-in timing are deeply evaluated below:
Online/ Mobile Check-in
If you want to apply for Sky early check-in through Online/ Mobile mode then you must follow the check-in time rule set by Sky Airlines. For domestic and international flights, you can apply for the check-in within 48 hours to 1 hour before the flight time. If you fail to do so then you might have to face a missed flight situation.
Automatic Check-in Time
Sky Airlines offers an Automatic Check-in option to its passengers. If you are traveling on a domestic flight then you won’t have to do any online check-in procedure because this airline will do that for you. However, if you are flying on an international flight then no automatic facility will be offered. In case, you have to sky check in 48 hours before your flight time.
If you are going to apply for the counter check-in option, then it is advisable to reach the airport at least 2 before your domestic flight and 3 hours before your international flight to complete the check-in procedure.
The counter check-in ends approx 60 to 75 minutes prior to the flight time. However, for exact up-to-date timing, you must contact the airport authority.
What are the Check-in Procedures of Sky Airlines?
As we all know, check-in is the most important procedure to board a flight. Knowing about the timings won’t be enough for a successful check-in.
You should also know the process of check-in in different ways. To know the depth of this section, you can take a look at the context below:
Check-in Via Mobile
After online, Sky Airlines mobile check-in can be the easiest and most convenient option for you. To complete the procedure, you can follow the below-given points;
- Download the Sky Airlines mobile app on your Android or ios.
- Go to the manage my trip option.
- Submit your last name and flight reservation details.
- Confirm your seat and baggage option.
- Once you are done, you will get an option to “download boarding pass”.
- After you tap on that option, your pass will be saved on your device.
- You can also take a screenshot of your boarding pass.
Sky Airlines Online Check-in
To proceed with the Sky Airlines online check-in method, the things that you need the most are your desktop and internet connection. After you arrange these things, you may proceed to complete your online check-in procedure by following the steps given below:
- You have to visit the official site of Sky Airlines.
- After that, you have to go to the web check-in portal.
- Once you reach there, you will see a box, where you have to fill in your last name and reservation code.
- Then, you can confirm your allotted seat.
- If you have any baggage then select the “baggage” option and if you do not have any checked baggage then select the “no baggage” option.
- After the successful completion, you can save your boarding pass on your desktop and can take a printout of that to show at the airport’s security and boarding gate.
Can I cancel my Online check-in?
Yes, you can cancel your check-in, only if you come under the following cases;
- In case, you want to change the date or destination in your ticket; and
- If you want to request a refund of taxes.
Note: There are a certain group of people who cannot apply for Online and Automatic Check-in. To know the details, read the context below;
- If you are traveling with an unaccompanied minor, then you are not allowed to apply for online check-in.
- If you are going to fly with in-cabin or cargo-hold pets, then you must have to complete the check-in proceeding at the airport counter.
- If you have any special requirements then you are advised to complete your check-in at the airport.
Automatic Check-in is a new facility of Sky Airlines. If you opt for the Sky check-in online option then the airline will automatically complete your procedure and will send you a mail to your registered email id. The mail will contain all the information you need to know about your reservation and the link to your boarding pass and the QR scan that you can show to board the Sky Airlines flight.
You can also get access to add some additional services like luggage or seats. With the help of this facility, you can save up to 24% of your money as it is much cheaper than the airport facility. Apart from this, if you have hand baggage you can go directly to the departure area on the day of travel.
- The Automatic Check-in facility is only available for domestic flights within Chile and Peru.
- The boarding that you will receive in your mail is a provisional boarding pass and it will not be valid for boarding.
My automatic Check-In has already been done and I will not be able to travel, what can I do?
If your automatic check-in is done but you cannot travel, then you can inform Sky Airlines by following some simple steps;
- Go to the boarding pass link that you received in your mail Or Go to the “manage your booking” option on the app or “Check-in section” on the official site of Sky Airlines.
- After that, you will see the option "Let us know if you will not fly" on the right side of the screen.
- Click on that option.
- Then, you will have to select the passenger who is not going to fly.
- Once you are done, confirm your action and you are done. The automatic check-in will be canceled.
Note: If you regret canceling your automatic check-in and if you have not made any changes or refunds to your reservation then you can check in again directly at the airport without any problems.
If you want to opt for the Counter Check-in option, then you can proceed with the following steps to complete your procedure;
- Visit the airport on the day of your boarding
- Then, find the check-in counter.
- At the counter, you will get a live agent.
- You need to submit your details to the agent. For instance; your last name and your flight reservation code.
- After that, confirm your seat and baggage and you are done.
How to Get a Sky Airlines Boarding Pass at the Airport Counter?
To get a Sky boarding pass from the airport counter without any struggle, you must follow the below-given points;
- Reach the airport at the given time slot.
- Complete your check-in procedure.
- Confirm your details.
- Once you are done, then the live agent will provide you with the boarding pass and the baggage tags.
What are Self-service totems and self-service baggage facilities?
After the completion of the check-in procedure, with the help of the Self-service totems and self-service baggage facilities, you can print boarding pass SkyAirlines and baggage tags on your own. That means you can avoid the long queues at the check-in counter and can receive plenty enough time to complete your other proceedings. Along with these, you can even drop off your tagged baggage in the "Self bag drop" machines.
Note: As for now, the Self-service totems and Self-service baggage facilities are only available at Santiago de Chile airport.