This time explore the convenience of Spirit Airlines web check-in! Our online platform allows you to check in from anywhere, saving time and effort. Enjoy the benefits of choosing your seat, adding services, and Spirit Airlines print boarding pass in advance! Say goodbye to long lines and hello to effortless and efficient check-in.
What Are Spirit Airlines Check-in Timings?
Spirit Airlines offers different check-in methods with variable timings based on the type of flight. Here are the check-in time slots for each way:
- Web check-in: The online check-in portal opens 24 hours before departure and closes 1 hour prior. You can use the Spirit Airlines website for web check-in.
- Mobile app check-in: Similar to web check-in, the portal opens 24 hours before departure and closes 1 hour prior. You need to install the Spirit Airlines app for mobile check-in.
- Airport check-in: If you are traveling with an unaccompanied minor or in certain situations, you can opt for airport check-in. The check-in counter closes 45 minutes before the scheduled departure but may vary based on flight and airport. It's recommended to contact the airline for specific details.
- Kiosk check-in: You can also check in using self-service kiosks at the airport. Arrive a few hours before departure and proceed with check-in using the kiosk.
Spirit Airlines Check-In Deadlines
The minimum Spirit check-in time for domestic flights differs from that of International flights. Apart from the check-in timings, the airlines release specific deadlines. It is advisable that the flyer must report at the airport 2-3 hours before the departure.
- Domestic Flights- Completing the Spirit Flight check-in process at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time is recommended for domestic flights. Please do so to avoid the cancellation of the reservation by the airline.
- International Flights- Passengers on international flights must complete the check-in process at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time to avoid any inconvenience.
Note: All the reservations are subject to cancellation by the airline if the minimum check-in criteria aren’t fulfilled.
Charges For Various Check-in Methods Spirit Airlines
Before opting for any of the check-in methods, you must be aware of the charges applied by Spirit Airlines:
Online/ Mobile Check-in
|$2 per passenger|
$10 per passenger (waived for passengers who are flying from West Palm Beach and not able to complete web check-in)
What Are The Check-In Methods of Spirit Airlines?
There are several methods through which you can check in with Spirit Airlines. According to your choice and comfortability, you can choose from any of the below-mentioned methods of check-in:
Spirit Airlines Web Check-in: Online or Web check-in is the easiest and most convenient method for completing the check-in process. Follow these instructions for doing online web check-in:
- Visit the website.
- Search for the check-in option.
- Provide all the details of your booking.
- Once done with the check-in, print your Spirit boarding pass.
In these cases, flyers can’t opt for online check-in:
- Flyers traveling with pets
- Group Reservations for more than 10 people.
- Bookings with an unaccompanied minor.
- Flyers traveling with a lap infant.
- Flyers who have military ID but not passports.
- Travelers to/from specific international destinations.
- Non-US citizens who are flying from international destinations.
- Flyers who made the purchase of an extra seat or have any special item.
Mobile Check-in: Flyers can also complete the check-in process through their mobile phones. To proceed with the mobile check-in facility, flyers must have the Spirit Airlines mobile Check app. Following these steps can help in a better and easier check-in process.
- Once the app is installed, create an account (if you use it for the first time). If you have the account, then log in to your account.
- Fill up all the flight details.
- Now Select the passengers for check-in and verify all the details.
- Choose your preferred seats and pay the extra charges, if any.
- Complete the check-in process.
Counter Check-in: Counter check-in is one of the oldest and most used methods. Look down for counter check-in steps:
- Reach the airport on time. For domestic flights, you must report at the airport 2 hours before the departure. On the other side, in the case of international flights, report 3 hours before the release.
- Visit the Spirit Airlines Check-in counter.
- Share all the booking details with the agent of Spirit Airlines.
- The agent will share the boarding pass with you after completing your check-in process.
TSA PreCheck: With TSA pre-check, flyers become eligible to experience the expedited security check-in process. You can check in without removing shoes, liquid gels, and light jackets.
Spirit Airlines TSA PreCheck
To complete your TSA PreCheck, you must adhere to these guidelines:
- Apply online through the website of the airline.
- Now schedule an appointment with the TSA PreCheck enrollment number.
- Attend the appointment. Make sure to carry all your essential Spirit Airlines check-in documents.
- Pay the fees charged by the airline.
- After approval, the airline will share a unique number with you.
- You can use the number while purchasing a ticket with the airline.
Limitations of TSA PreCheck
Apart from all the plus points, there are certain limitations as well of the TSA PreCheck.
- While traveling with an unaccompanied minor, the child can go through the same lane if the adult passenger has done the TSA PreCheck. However, this doesn’t apply to children with age 13 years or more.
- TSA PreCheck is available only at certain airports.
- Non-US citizens with Global Entry or Nexus can participate in the TSA PreCheck.
- TSA PreCheck can be used for both domestic flights and international flights outside the US.
How to get Spirit Airlines Boarding Pass?
Per Spirit Airlines' policy, passengers must be at the boarding gate at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights and 30 minutes before for international flights. If passengers fail to arrive on time.
Spirit Airlines reserves the right to cancel their booking and deny boarding. It's worth noting that passengers traveling with unaccompanied minors are prioritized during check-in.
Email boarding pass
You can receive the boarding pass on your mail id and remove the stress of carrying the paper pass. You can also opt to get your boarding pass on the registered mail-id. Stick to these steps in case you want to get an email boarding pass.
- While doing the Spirit Airlines online check-in, select the email boarding pass option.
- Fill in the email id you want to receive your boarding pass on.
- Check on the device where your mail is logged in. Ensure every detail, including name, flight information, and barcode, is appropriately visible.
- Now you can show the boarding pass to the agent while boarding the flight.
Boarding Zones of Spirit Airlines
When you are traveling with Spirit Airlines, you can enjoy a smooth boarding journey with a specific order to ensure a smooth takeoff:
- Pre- Boarding is for the flyer with special needs, unaccompanied minors, and other such flyers who need assistance during boarding.
- Zone 1- Flyers who have already purchased carry-on baggage must move in with Zone 1.
- Zone 2 includes the flyers who purchased shortcut boarding, all the free Spirit members with a Silver or Gold status, and free Spirit cardholders.
- Suppose you are traveling with your whole family and children below 3 years old. Then you can use the family boarding zone.
- All the general boardings are done from Zone 3 and Zone 4.