If you are flying with Sun Country Airlines, after booking the check-in process takes up the spot. Most of you are unaware of how exactly the process is done without having much trouble. Well, to walk you through the process we have curated a detailed article.
You will surely learn different ways to complete your Sun Country Airlines check-in and also their advantages and limitations. Stick with us through the article to learn interesting facts about check-in and boarding.
What are the timings for Sun Country Airlines Check-in?
Different airlines have allotted different timings for their check-in but, they are almost similar to one another. Depending on the airport you are traveling from, the time taken for check-in security check, and the boarding process all should be covered in the check-in deadline. This is why usually every airline advises you to arrive at the airport 2-3 hours prior to your flight departure.
Let's have a look at the Sun Country check-in time deadlines that are to be kept in mind for different airports.
- Passengers traveling within the US can check in from 24 hours up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- Counter check-in at all Sun Country locations in the US closes 45 minutes before the departure and 1 hour before departure for international locations.
- All the Sun Country check-in desks open 2 hours before the departure and for San Fransisco & Florida, the counter opens 3 hours before the departure.
How to Check-in For Sun Country Airlines?
The check-in for Sun Country can be done usually in two major ways- online and offline. Sun Country Airlines check-in online can be again divided into two different ways that are mobile check-in and web check-in.
The other part is offline check-in which can again be classified into two parts namely counter check-in and Kiosks check-in.
Now let's dive into the detailed steps of each check-in process and understand how you can save your time.
During online check-in, you have the option to select your seats if you are traveling in first class. For Coach class passengers, you can upgrade seats to your preferred seat for $15 per seat. If you want to upgrade seats to First Class the charges may range from $89 to $189.
Sun Country Airlines Web Check-in
Checking online has increased due to technological advancements worldwide. Most of the passengers use their personal phones or desktops to check-in via the web. Here are all the steps involved in the check-in process-
- Visit the official website of Sun Country, then find the check-in option to click on.
- Keep your information ready to be entered into the portal in front of you.
- After you have entered the information, the screen will ask you to select all the passengers you are traveling with and confirm their check-in as well.
- Then you may select the seats you wish to sit on.
- After this, the final step would be to confirm all your details entered and then proceed to complete your check-in procedure.
Note: If you are carrying any baggage, then you will need to visit the counter for checking in the baggage. Web check-in is not available for baggage you are carrying alongside.
Sun Country Airlines Mobile Check-in
The second method to complete your check-in is the Mobile check-in procedure. If you are unfamiliar with the Sun Country website, the Sun Country mobile application is a better alternative to change/manage your booking. Here are all the steps involved in the mobile check-in method of the online check-in-
- Open the Sun Country app, then make sure to log in to your account.
- Select the check-in option and proceed forward.
- Once in, you will have to enter your itinerary details including the reference number and your last name.
- You can now select all the passengers you want to check-in with, make sure you choose 9 or fewer members at a time.
- Thereafter, you will be allowed to choose the seats from the available ones on the plane.
- The final step will be to review and confirm your check-in.
The easiest yet frustrating way to check-in for Sun Country is to get to the counter agent. Usually, counter check-in is only used for special cases where you can not check-in online. So let's have a look at the steps you should follow to successfully complete your counter check-in.
- Get to the Sun Country check-in counter and wait for your turn.
- Present the documentation like reservation ticket, Government issued ID card for name verification, passport, and VISA if required.
- Once the processing is done, the agent will inquire about your seat preference.
- Then he will complete the check-in procedure, and hand you a printed boarding pass for the next step.
- If any unaccompanied minor is traveling via Sun Country, they must arrive at the counter with their parent(s) or guardian(s).
- For people with disability, special assistance and wheelchair requests can only be made and executed through counter check-in.
- If you have any medical condition and need assistance, you can make a request at the counter itself.
- Passengers traveling internationally or with an infant will also have to check in at the counter.
Kiosks are machines designed to ease the process of checking in. Available at almost all airports across the US, Kiosks help passengers do the tedious task in just a matter of minutes. You follow all these steps to ensure a quick and successful check-in at Kiosk.
- Get to the Kiosk machine and confirm your identification by inserting a credit card or, entering a flight confirmation code or your frequent flyer number.
- Then you can select the option to check-in and enter your reservation number or flight details into the machine.
- You will also have to scan any Government issued ID for verification.
- Then you will have the option to select or upgrade your seats as per your preferences.
- After successful completion, you will receive your printed boarding pass via the machine.
- If you have any baggage with you, enter the number of baggage(s) and then scan the boarding pass to get tags for baggage.
Boarding for Sun Country Airlines
The boarding procedure for Sun Country starts after the check-in is done. All the passengers traveling domestically must arrive at the boarding gates 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure and for international travelers the deadline is of 60 minutes.
Note: In Sun Country Airlines, only passengers with printed boarding passes are allowed to board the plane, anyone carrying mobile boarding pass will have to get the pass on printed paper.
Any passenger with a disability will be allowed for the pre-boarding facility while active military personnel, passengers traveling in First Class, Ufly ELITE members, passengers seated in exit rows, and families with children under 3 years old will be having priority boarding on the plane.