There are choices for online, mobile, and airport check-in with Sun Country Airlines. At the airport, travelers can either print off or receive an electronic version of their boarding pass. Per passenger, this Airlines permits one carry-on bag and one personal item. Checked luggage is subject to a cost and is limited in size and weight.
Sun Country Airlines is always ready to give its customers an easy and efficient journey. They will help you to prepare for your upcoming flight and also help you to arrive at the airport for departure with their guidance.
- Booking Reference Number
- Full Name as it appears on Government-issued ID
- Passport or ID information (for international travel)
- Additional travel documents (for international travel)
- Visa or proof of vaccination (for international travel)
Sun Country Airline Check-In Process
Sun Country Airlines check-in times vary depending on the method of check-in. Online check-in is available 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time, while airport check-in opens two hours prior to the scheduled departure time. Moreover, it closes 45 minutes before departure.
Here are different ways to do Airlines check-in:
Sun Country Check-In Option
Check-In Closure Time
|Domestic||Online||24 hours before the scheduled departure||60 minutes prior to departure|
|International||Online||24 hours before the scheduled departure||90 minutes prior to departure|
|Domestic||Mobile||24 hours before the scheduled departure||60 minutes prior to departure|
|International||Mobile||24 hours before the scheduled departure||90 minutes prior to departure|
|Domestic||Airport||2 hours before the scheduled departure||60 minutes prior to departure|
|International||Airport||3 hours before the scheduled departure||90 minutes prior to departure|
|Domestic||Kiosk||2 hours before their departure||Varies|
|International||Kiosk||4 hours before their departure||Varies|
1. Sun Country Web Check In
The Sun Country Airlines check-in is like an online one; passengers can do it in a short time.
Steps for Sun Country Airlines web check-in:
- Go to Sun Country Airlines' website
- Enter the following details Sun Country PNR number, first name, and last name.
- The upcoming flight details, you can see on the screen.
- Select the Check-In Option.
- Select the seats or change the seat if you want.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and confirm your check-in.
- If you have checked your baggage, proceed to the airport bag drop-off counter
Web check-in times
When it comes to the Web check-in time for Sun Country Airline, then it differs from domestic to international flights. For the bookings on domestic flights, the web check-in opens 24 hours before the scheduled departure and ends 1 hour before the departure. While for international booking, the web check-in facility starts 24 hours prior to the departure but closes 90 minutes before the departure.
2. Sun Country Mobile Check In
Passengers can also do the Sun Country Airlines mobile check-in; it is also like the online one.
- Firstly, a passenger needs to download the Sun Country Airline application on their mobile.
- Just fill in the confirmation number and last name of the passenger in the given column.
- The upcoming flight details can see on the screen
- Select the check-in option
- Select the seats or change the seat if you want.
If you have baggage, then you have to go to the counter for the baggage even after the mobile check-in.
Mobile Check-In Time
Sun Country also offers a mobile check-in facility to make the check-in process easy for the flyers. All the reservations done on domestic flights can start mobile check-in 24 hours prior. The mobile check-in for the domestic flight starts 24 hours before the departure and ends 1 hour before the departure. On the other hand, international flight booking starts with mobile check-in 24 hours prior and ends 90 minutes before the departure.
3. Kiosk Check In
You can do Sun Country Kiosk at the airport.
- You need to activate the Sun Country Airline self-serve Kiosk.
- Passengers will swipe the credit card such as mileage plus card, passport, or driver’s license.
- Passport or boarding documents need to be scanned.
- Then e-ticket or confirmation number will be entered as required.
- Press the check-in Option.
- Print the Boarding pass.
Kiosk Check-In Time
Suppose you are booking in domestic flight, then you can check in 4 hours prior to the departure of the flight. Another way to do check-in is through Kiosk Check-in. The kiosk check-in for domestic flights begins 4 hours before the departure and continues till 1 hour before the departure. At the same time, the Kiosk check-in for the international flight starts 4 hours before departure and closes 90 minutes before departure.
4. Check-In At The Ticket Counter
For this, the passenger needs to visit the airport at least 2 hrs before the departure timings so they can do all the formalities and get the boarding pass on time.
- Firstly, the passenger must go to the Sun Country Airline counter.
- You must show all the required boarding documents like Id Proof, eTicket number or printed ticket, passport, etc.
- Agents help you to do this and provide you with the boarding pass.
Ticket Counter Check-In Time
The ticket counter check-in is one of the other options for the check-in process. Likewise, the other ways in the process are the check-in for domestic flights starts 2 hours prior to the departure and closes 1 hour prior to departure. On the other side, check-in for an international flight at the ticket counter opens 2 hours prior to the departure of the flight and closes 90 minutes before the departure.
How Do I Download Sun Country Boarding Pass?
Sun Country Airline is always ready to make the easy and efficient journey for their customers, they will help you to prepare for your upcoming flight with their guidance and help you to arrive at the airport for your departure. The airline will provide you the multiple options and get the boarding pass quickly.
Here is some information regarding the Boarding Pass:
Recommended Sun Country Boarding Pass Timing
Boarding Gate Closure Timing
At least 1 hour before departure
10 minutes before departure
At least 2 hours before departure
15 minutes before departure
Sun country gives you the option of a self-service kiosk. In this, you can download and print your own boarding pass at the airport. For doing so, you need to fill in the number you used for booking your ticket and your name. Your boarding pass will then be printed which you need to carry at the boarding.
If you wish to speak with the agent, you can reach out to the Sun Country check-in counter, and you will be guided well by the concerned representative. You need to provide him with all the details, which include the confirmation number you used for booking the ticket and your name. Your boarding pass will then be printed by the agent.
You can even download and print your boarding pass using your computer. For doing so, visit Sun Country's official website, navigate the “Manage Travel” option, fill in the confirmation number and your name, and click on the “Check-in” option. Once done, follow the instructions displayed on your screen for downloading your boarding pass.
Mobile Boarding Pass Option
The airline allows you to download your boarding pass with the help of your phone too. To do so, download the Sun Country app from Play Store or App Store. Login using your credentials. Once done, click on the check-in option and follow the instructions displayed on your mobile screen for downloading the boarding pass.
Sun Country may also allow you to download your pass via Email. You will receive an email with the subject “Your boarding pass is ready”, you need to click on the link in your Email to get access to your boarding pass and download it for further use.
Tips For Sun Country Early Check in
- If you are a last-minute person, you have a tendency to reach late for your every flight check-in then, you can take a relaxing deep breath because Sun Country Airlines allows you to check in 24 hours before your flight's scheduled departure time. With Sun Country Airlines you can check in online without any hustle. With this airline, you don’t have to run to the airport breathlessly for the flight check in, because you can do it online while sitting on your couch at home.
- To get the excess you can download the Sun Country Application on your smartphone. This app is very convenient to use and allows you to check in for your flight, helps to access the boarding pass and all the updates of your flight.
- If you are not friends with gadgets and apps and want to follow the old-school method then you can reach the airport and proceed with the check in procedures. But you have to keep one thing in mind you have to arrive at least 2 hours before the scheduled flight’s departure time. If you arrive early then you will have plenty of time for check-in, baggage drop-off, and security procedures.
- Sun Country Airlines also allows you to use self-service kiosks at many airports, this may help you to check in very easily and this can be quick as well if you compare with other methods. The self-service kiosks are usually located near the counter of check-in. This service also allows you to get your boarding pass and check your baggage.
- Sun Country Airlines allows an early check facility as well, although this facility is chargeable. But the advantage of this facility is that it allows you to check in and receive your boarding pass before 36 hours of your flight’s departure time. This is a very convenient option for those who are going to board an early morning flight. This can be a very nice option for those who want to avoid the long check-in lines at the airport.