United Airlines is known for its wide network all over the world. It is one of the major airlines connecting all the continents together. Flying with United Airlines, you must be aware of all the processes involved till boarding. Will it be pleasing if you are interrupted at every point while boarding? Definitely not, it will be frustrating to be stopped at every point. So a seamless transition between the United Airlines check-in and boarding process will be a better option. How will this happen? You will get to know everything in detail in the following article.
What Are The Timings For United Airlines?
United Airlines has a designated time for completing your check-in process. The United check-in time is devised by the airline itself in order to make sure that the check-in is done on time. There are many domestic as well as international airports that are served by the Airlines and accordingly, these airports have different volumes of passengers traveling to the airport. So at some airports, you might go through faster than others.
Now you might have a question - How early can you check in for a flight with United? To answer this question, you will have to read along-
The earliest time that you can check in online for your flight is 24 hours before the flight departure time. And the earliest time, if you are checking in offline, is 3 hours before the flight departure.
There are different United flight check-in deadlines for different airports and regions that you need to comply with. This is to ensure you can pass through some extra security checks and boarding lines. Here are all the time deadlines for United Airlines check-in-
You must check in at least 30 minutes before the departure if you don’t have any baggage for most of the flights operated by United and United Express within the U.S..
You are required to check in at least 45 minutes before the departure if you are traveling with any checked baggage. This applies to most of the flights operated by United and United Express within the U.S.
For most of the international flights operated by United and United Express, the deadline for check-in is 60 minutes before the flight departure.
The deadline for flights traveling to/from Micronesia and the Marshall Islands is 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
The check-in at Guam airport should be done the night before if the flight is before 9:30 am. The time for check-in is 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
Not every airport you visit will have the same United Airlines flight check-in timings for many reasons, the time may vary. Here are the exceptions that you must know while getting to these airports, comply with these timings-
|Minimum check-in times for nonstop international flights with or without checked baggage (minutes before departure time)
|Minimum check-in times for flights within the U.S. with checked baggage (minutes before departure time)
|Minimum check-in times for flights within the U.S. with carry-on baggage only (minutes before departure time)
|Kahului, Maui (OGG)
|Mammoth Lakes (MMH)
|Salt Lake City (SLC)
|San Juan, PR (SJU)
How To Check-In for United Airlines?
United Airlines offers several options to check-in for United Airlines to accommodate the diverse needs and preferences of its passengers. These options include:
- Web Check-In
- Mobile Check-In
- Kiosk Check-In
- Ticket Counter Check-In
United Airlines Web Check-In
United check-in online is a convenient option that allows passengers to check-in from the comfort of their homes or offices. To check-in online, follow these steps:
- Visit the United Airlines website.
- Click on the "Check-in" tab located in the top navigation bar.
- Enter your confirmation number or ticket number and your last name.
- Click "Search" to proceed with the check-in process.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to select your seats and confirm your check-in.
- Print your boarding pass or have it emailed to you.
United Airlines web check-in is available 24 hours before the scheduled departure time and closes 60 minutes before the flight for domestic travel and 90 minutes before the flight for international travel.
The airline also offers a United Airlines mobile check-in option via its mobile app, which is available for iOS and Android devices. To check-in through the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Download the United Airlines app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Log in to your account or enter your confirmation number and last name.
- Navigate to the "Trips" tab and select your upcoming flight.
- Tap "Check-In" and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- You will receive an electronic United boarding pass, which can be saved on your device.
- Mobile check-in follows the same time frame as online check-in. Make sure to have your electronic boarding pass ready when you arrive at the airport.
Kiosk check-in is an option for passengers who prefer to check-in at the airport. To check-in using a self-service kiosk, follow these steps:
- Locate a United Airlines self-service kiosk at the airport.
- Enter your confirmation number, ticket number, or scan your passport.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to select your seats and complete the check-in process.
- Print your boarding pass from the kiosk.
Required Documents for Check-In
To check-in for your United Airlines flight, you must provide the necessary United Airlines check-in documents. These include:
- Photo Identification: A valid government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport, is required for domestic flights. For international flights, a valid passport is mandatory.
- Visas and Entry Permits: If your destination country requires a visa, ensure that you have obtained the appropriate visa before travel.
- Boarding Pass: If you have checked in online or via mobile, ensure that you have printed your boarding pass or saved it on your mobile device.
How to Download/Print a United Airlines Boarding Pass?
The boarding pass is a compulsory requirement for any passenger to get on board. If you are having trouble, downloading or printing your boarding pass, you can follow these tips to get it done easily-
- If you have done United check-in online, you can forward the boarding pass to your mail ID and then download it from the mail. You can now print the boarding pass on letter-size paper.
- If you have checked in using the mobile check-in, download the boarding pass on your device. You can use it as an e-boarding pass or print it on paper.
- You will be able to print a boarding pass for United Airlines directly from the Kiosk machine at the airport.
- If you are going for counter check-in, after successful completion, the agent will provide you with a printed boarding pass.
Boarding With United Airlines
United Airlines has a systematic distribution of boarding the plane. You must carry a hard copy of your boarding pass or United Airlines mobile boarding pass on your mobile device to get entry on the plane.
Here is the representation of when each group gets to board the plane (descending order of the group represents their position in the boarding line)-
Pre-Boarding- Pre-boarding is allowed to the following passengers- Unaccompanied minors, Customers with disabilities, Active members of the military, United Global Services® members, Families traveling with children aged 2 and younger, Premier® 1K® members
Group 1- Boarding members of group 1 are- Premier Platinum members, Premier Gold members, Star Alliance™ Gold members, and Customers seated in premium cabins: United Polaris®, United First, and United Business.
Group 2- The Group 2 boarding is only open for the following passengers carrying a United boarding pass- Premier Silver members, Star Alliance Silver members, Customers who have purchased Premier Access or Priority Boarding, United Explorer, Club, Presidential Plus, and Awards Cardmembers
Group 3 to 5- Group 3-5 is the lowest priority group and is open for the following passengers- Economy Plus, United Economy, and Basic Economy.