The Missed flight on Delta is enough to ruin a trip. This situation can arise due to many uncertain reasons. But have you ever wondered, what measure you can take after missing a flight? Well, if your answer is no, then there is nothing to panic about.
If you are flying with Delta Airlines then you are saved as this airline will give their 100% to assist in the crisis.
In this article, we will discuss Delta Missed Flight Policy. Here you will get the solution to all your problems. So, without any further delay, let’s delve into the article and gain as much knowledge as we can.
What are the Missed Flight and Return Policies of Delta Airlines?
Delta Airlines does not have a published missed flight policy. However, they handle missed flights on a case-by-case basis. If you miss your flight, you will need to contact Delta customer service to discuss your situation and options.
In general, if you missed a flight due to circumstances beyond your control, for instance, any technical glitch from the airline side, poor weather conditions, or any medical emergency, Delta may help you to rebook a later flight without any additional charges. However, if you miss the flight due to your fault, such as being late for Delta check in, then you may be responsible for paying a “No Show” penalty.
The amount of the penalty is dependent on the type of fare that you have purchased. However, you may save yourself from the penalty by canceling the ticket beforehand. By doing so you can avoid being charged for “No Show”.
Which Class of Delta Is Allowed to Make Flight Changes and Get a Refund?
Missing a flight is the worst situation that anyone can experience during their trip. If you miss your flight, then whether you are eligible to get a refund or not solely depends on what type of fare ticket you have bought.
For a better understanding, you can check the table given below;
No changes are allowed
Changes are allowed without any additional charges (for flights from the United States and Canada, Europe, Africa, and the Caribbean)
Changes can be done anytime without any changes (for flights from the United States and Canada, Europe, Africa, and the Caribbean)
Non-Refundable but can receive eCredit for future flight
Changes are allowed anytime without any penalty (for flights from the United States and Canada, Europe, Africa, and the Caribbean)
Non-Refundable but can receive eCredit for future flight
What Measures Should Be Taken If Someone Misses Their Flight?
In case, if you miss your Delta flight, then you can follow the below-given steps to avoid the worst scenario;
- The first thing that you must do after missing your flight is check with the airline or the third-party agency you booked your flight with. They may be able to put you on the next available flight or will help you find another way to get to your destination.
- You can also opt for the rebooking option. This process will include calling the airline’s customer service or you may have to head to their official website. Along with that, you may also have to pay some additional fees.
- You may ask for an eCredit for a future flight.
- If you miss your flight and you have checked baggage, chances are Delta will hold your bag until you can catch a later flight.
- Or you can try to connect with the nearby airport for any solution.
- And lastly, be patient. Things happen that are beyond your control. If you miss your flight, try not to get upset. Just take a deep breath and figure out what you need to do next.
How to Contact Delta Airlines’ Agent for Missed Flights?
There are only two ways through which you can contact the agent of Delta Airlines for missed flight on Delta. Details can be checked below;
- Call Delta Reservations at 800-221-1212. Listen to the IVR menu carefully and then proceed further.
- Or if you are already present at the airport but could not attend the flight, then search for the Delta Representative present at the airport.
How to Rebook Delta Airlines Missed Flight?
If you want to rebook your Delta Missed Flight, then you can follow the below-given steps;
- Contact Delta Airlines by calling their customer service number at 800-221-1212 or by visiting their website.
- Provide your flight information, which includes, your flight number, date of travel, and departure and arrival cities.
- Explain why you missed your flight. If you have a legitimate reason for missing your flight, for instance, bad weather, an airline glitch, or a medical emergency then Delta may waive your rebooking fee.
- Choose your new flight from the available flights.
- After that, you have to pay the fee (if any).
- Once you have chosen a new flight, Delta will confirm your reservation and provide you with a new boarding pass. Kindly, check the details carefully to avoid any unforeseen mishap.
Some Additional Rebooking Tips
- Try to rebook the flight as soon as possible to prevent it from getting worst. The sooner you book, the more likely you are going to get a seat as per your preference.
- Try to be flexible with your travel dates. If you are not getting any alternative flight on the same day then try to rebook your flight for a different date. This way you will get more options.
How to Claim eCredit for Delta Missed Flight?
After missing your flight, you can ask for an eCredit facility. However, this facility is only applicable to certain classes of Delta Airlines. So, make sure to check the conditions applied to your ticket.
If your ticket holds this benefit, then you can follow the below-given points;
To claim online
- Browse the official website of Delta Airlines and log in to your account.
- Then click on the “My Trip” option.
- After that, select the “Missed Flight” option.
- Then, you will see the next option, “Refund/ Credit”. You are required to tab on this option.
- Once you tab on that, you will receive an option, “Request an eCredit”.
- Enter your valid missed flight reason.
- Once you complete these steps, an option will flash on your screen “Submit and Claim”. Tab on it and you are done.
To claim by calling the Delta Respenstative
- Call on the official customer department number of Delta.
- Provide as much documentation as possible, such as boarding passes, confirmation numbers, and other details.
- Ask for your credit.
- Explain your reason to miss the flight. Be as clear and concise as possible when explaining why you missed flight on Delta.
- Be patient enough. It may take some time for Delta to proceed with your request.
Note: Your eCredit will be issued within 7 business days.
Some Additional Information about Delta eCredit
There are some facts about Delta eCredit that you must know;
- Your eCredit will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
- The eCredit cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The eCredit can be used to book any Delta flight, regardless of the fare class.
Tips to Avoid Missing Your Flight
Here are some tips to help you avoid missing your flight;
- Check-in for your flight online or through the Delta app at least 24 hours before departure.
- Arrive at the airport early, especially if you are traveling during peak times.
- Allow plenty of time to get through security and to your gate.
- Be aware of the latest flight status information. You can check the status of your flight on Delta's website or app.