If you are going to fly with Hawaiian Airlines soon, and want to know the details about its missed flight and refund policy to avoid any future mishap, then this article will be beneficial for you.
In this article, you will get all the information about the Hawaiian Airlines Missed Flight Policy, the procedure to rebook a missed flight, and ways to claim a refund (if applicable).
Hawaiian Airlines Missed Flight and Refund Rules
Hawaiian Airlines has some missed flights and refund rules and policies to help its valuable passengers. Details are written below;
Hawaiian Airlines Missed Flight Policy
- If you miss your flight due to some circumstances within your control, for instance arriving late at the airport, could not complete the boarding formalities on time, the airline typically considers it a "no-show."
- In "no-show." In some cases, your ticket may lose value, and you may not get a refund. Not only this, you will not be allowed to rebook your flight as well.
- If you miss your flight due to medical illness, death, or poor weather conditions, then you will get entitled to rebook.
- Hawaiian Airlines Refund Policy, varies depending on the type of ticket purchased, fare rules, and the reason for the refund request. Some tickets may be non-refundable, while others may be refundable with certain conditions.
- If you have a refundable ticket and meet the airline's requirements for a refund, you can typically request a refund for the unused portion of your ticket.
- Non-refundable tickets are not eligible for a refund, but some exceptions can be applied based on the situation that has been raised. For instance, in cases of severe illness, death, or military deployment, the airline may offer exceptions or provide travel credit for future use.
- If you want a refund, then you have to reach out to the airline directly. Either you can do so by phone or through their website. The staff of this airline will help you to complete the process. Not only that, but they will also guide you with the applicable fees or conditions (if applicable).
To get a more clear vision of the policy, take a look at the below-given table;
Main Cabin Basic
Changeable (only if you cancel the reservation before the originating flight departure)
However, some fare differences will be applicable.
Refundable (only if the reservation gets canceled before the originating flight departure)
Changeable (Fare differences will be applied)
Changeable (Fare differences will be applicable)
What Happens if I Miss My Flight on Hawaiian Airlines?
If you miss your flight on Hawaiian Airlines, there are several things that can happen depending on the circumstances and the specific ticket you purchased. Here are the general consequences and steps you can take;
- Firstly, you need to check the missed flight policy of Hawaiian Airlines. If your fare ticket is qualified for a refund or a flight rebook facility, then you can easily request the airline authority to rebook you on the next available flight. However, additional charges may apply.
- Unfortunately, if there are no immediate flights available to your destination, then the airline’s agent may offer you the option to fly standby on a later flight to your destination. This means you will be placed on a waiting list and can board the flight if there are any empty seats after all ticketed passengers have boarded. However, standby travel is not guaranteed, and you may have to wait for several flights before securing a seat.
- Depending on the fare rules and type of class ticket you have bought, you are liable for change or cancellation fees. If you have a non-refundable ticket or you fail to comply with the airline’s rules and conditions, then you will have to pay some penalty to get the changes done or claim a refund.
- If you do not show up at the airport for your flight and do not contact Hawaiian Airlines in advance, it will be considered a “no-show”. In a situation like this, the airline may proceed with the Cancel Hawaiian Airlines Flight policy. This simply means all the remaining flights on your itinerary will be canceled, and as a result, you may lose the value of your ticket. This can vary depending on the specific fare rules associated with your ticket.
- If you have purchased travel insurance that covers missed flights, then you may be eligible for compensation or assistance with rebooking. It is advisable to review your insurance policy to get a better understanding of the coverage. You can also take guidance from the insurance service provider.
Some additional things to keep in mind if you miss your flight;
- If you have checked your luggage, it will be transferred to your new flight. However, there is a chance that your luggage may arrive at the destination later than you do.
- If you have a connecting flight, then you will have to rebook your connecting flight as well.
Some Additional Tips to Avoid Miss Flight Situations
If you have purchased a non-refundable ticket, and want to avoid any missed flight situations, then check out some tips below;
- Try to arrive at the airport a bit early from the decided time. By doing so, you will get plenty of time to complete your Hawaiian flight check in, and security checking, and to find your terminal gate.
- Allow extra time for delays. Your flight can get delayed, so it is essential to allow some additional time.
- Pay your full attention to the gate changes. Due to many reasons, gate changes are very common at the airport. So it is advisable to pay attention to the announcements and check the gate number for your flight before you go to your gate.
- Be patient and do not panic. Even if you miss your flight, still you will surely find a way.
Is There Any Way to Rebook My Hawaiian Missed Flight?
Yes, after missing your Hawaiian flight, you can rebook a flight by following the below-given steps;
- Do not take any stress and contact Hawaiian Airlines’ reservation cell.
- Once you get connected, explain the situation briefly.
- After that, ask them to rebook the flight on your behalf.
- If your reason is valid and deserves a flight rebooking, then you will ask you to provide your details.
- Provide them with your booking details, such as the flight number, date, and name on the reservation.
- Then, inquire about the availability of alternate flights to your destination. The airline representative will assist you in finding the best options based on your preferences and the available flights.
- If possible, then try to be a bit flexible with your travel date and time. This can surely increase the chances of finding suitable alternative flights. Also, consider checking for flights that are going to depart from the nearby airports.
- Once you select the flight as per your preference and availability, you may proceed to make the payment. Depending on the airline's policy and your ticket type, some additional fees or fare differences will be applied.
- If you have travel insurance, review your policy to determine if it covers missed flights and provides any assistance or reimbursement. Contact your insurance provider if necessary.
- If you want to compare the flight options, then you can also opt for the third-party source.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when rebooking your missed Hawaiian flight;
- Make your change as soon as possible. The sooner you make your change, the more likely you are to find a seat on a new flight.
- Check the fare rules for your ticket. The fare rules for your ticket will determine whether or not you are eligible for a change fee.
How to Contact Hawaiian Airlines?
To get connected with Hawaiian Airlines, you can follow the below-given methods;
You can reach the airline by calling their customer care line. However, the specific phone number may vary depending on your location.
If you are within the United States, then you can dial 1 800 367 5320. But if you are calling from some other location that is not in the US, then you have to browse the website. There you will find a "Contact Us" section. After you visit the section you will find the appropriate international phone number.
Online via the Official Website of Hawaiian Airlines
To get connected with Hawaiian Airlines, you have to browse Hawaiian’s official website at www.hawaiianairlines.com. Scroll down the page and click on the option "Contact Us". On the Contact Us page, you will find options to send an email or access specific phone numbers for different inquiries.
On the Hawaiian Airlines website's Contact Us page, you can fill out an online form to send an email to their customer service team. Provide your contact information and details regarding your inquiry, and they will respond to you via email.
Connect via Social Media Platforms
The members of Hawaiian Airlines are active on various social media platforms, which include Twitter and Facebook. You can send them a message or tweet your query, and they usually respond within a reasonable time frame.
If you do not prefer to call and want to get connected instantly, then you can go for the Live Chat option of Hawaiian. For this, go to the website and search for the option of live chat. Once you find it, start your chat regarding your concerned reason.
Airport Customer Service
If you are at an airport and need assistance, you can visit the Hawaiian Airlines customer service desk or ticket counter. The airline's representatives will be able to address your concerns or provide you with the necessary information.
Write a Letter
You can also write them a letter about your query at Hawaiian Airlines, P.O. Box 30008, Honolulu, HI 96820.
Note: Before connecting with Hawaiian, be ready with all the information that will be needed such as your flight number, date of travel, and passenger name(s). This will help you to avoid the unnecessary delay.
What Are the Ways to Claim a Refund?
To claim a refund for your Hawaiian Missed Flight, follow the below-mentioned steps;
- The first step that you need to take is to find out whether you are qualified for a refund or not.
- If it does, then collect all relevant documents to support your refund claim.
- And, reach out to the airline.
- Then, tell them the reason why you missed the flight.
- If the agent who is handling your case finds your reason valid, then he will proceed further.
- If you have made a reservation from a third-party agency, then to get a refund you are required to contact them.
- If you are eligible, then they will help you to get a refund.