Have you ever faced a situation where you are all set for your trip but unfortunately missed the flight? Or have you ever caught yourself clueless about the measures that you must take to emerge from that scenario?
If yes, then not anymore. If you are reading this article, then you will never have to doubt yourself again. Because this article will guide you about Sun Country Airlines Missed Flight Policy. Along with that, you will also find the measures to proceed with rebooking or claiming a refund.
Sun Country Airlines Missed Flight and Refund Rules
Some of the general rules of Sun Country Airlines Missed Flight and Refund policies are given below;
- Sun Country will cancel all your flights if you do not appear at the airport. Not only this but you will also get marked under the “No Show Policy”.
- However, you cannot get any compensation or refund if you miss the flight after completing the security procedure or after receiving your Sun Country boarding pass.
- With Sun Country, you can get the option to cancel the flight even after missing it.
- You can board a new flight if you missed your flight without receiving the flight boarding pass.
- You do not have to pay a single amount on a new booking if you missed your flight due to a health emergency. Provided, you have to submit your supporting documents.
- If you miss the last flight of the day then the airline will provide you with the very first flight of the next day.
What Happens if I Miss My Flight on Sun Country Airlines?
If you miss your flight on Sun Country Airlines, the specific policies and options available to you will depend on the type of ticket you purchased and the airline's terms and conditions. Here are some general guidelines that may apply;
- If your reason for missing the flight is genuine and you can also prove it to the airline, then you will get to board a new alternate flight.
- In case you do not get a flight on the same day, then the airline will put you on standby mode.
- If you book your flight from a third-party agency, then you will have to ask for solutions from them. The airline will not provide any help in that situation.
- If you miss the flight because of your own fault, then the airline will not provide you with any refund or compensation.
- Sun Country Airlines may charge a change fee or penalty for rebooking or rescheduling your flight. The charges will depend on the type of ticket you booked and the terms and conditions that have been implied to it. These fees can vary, so it's best to confirm with the airline directly.
- You are not eligible for a refund if you come under the “no show policy of Sun Country”.
What if I Miss One Segment of the Sun Country Connecting Flight?
If you miss one segment of the connecting flight because of the airline. Or miss a flight because of a critical health issue, then you can get the next available flight. Sun Country Airlines will allow you to call and inform the airport to cancel sun country flight at least 2 hours before the flight departure time if you are aware that you will miss your flight.
What are the Ways to Rebook a Missed Flight?
There are two basic yet fastest ways to rebook a Sun Country Missed Flight. No matter what ticket you have bought or what was the reasons behind your missed flight, you will be able to rebook the flight by following the below-given points;
Online or Mobile Rebooking
For online and mobile booking you can follow the points given below;
- Browse the official website or download the mobile app of Sun Country.
- After that, go to the “my trip” option and search for “flight rebooking”.
- Tap on that option. Then, you can complete your booking procedure by filling in all your details such as your flight number, travel date and time, number of passengers, and departure and arrival destinations.
- Once you complete that, you will get an option to “make payment”.
- If the airline charges you for rebooking then you will have to pay a certain amount.
- After the successful completion, you will get a confirmation message on your mail id or phone number. In that message, you will get your new ticket details and boarding pass.
If you want to complete the rebooking procedure at the airport, then you must check the below-given points for a seamless process;
- If you are at the airport then you can directly go to the Sun Country booking counter.
- At the ticket booking counter, a live agent will be present.
- To him/her you will have to explain why you missed your flight.
- Then, you will have to submit your flight details to rebook a flight.
- Then the live agent will complete the booking formalities for you.
- After that, you will have to make payment if any.
- Once it is done, you will get your new flight ticket and boarding pass.
How can I Contact Sun Country Airlines’ Live Agent?
For any queries regarding the reservation, you can try the 4 ways given below;
Try to Reach Sun Country Via Phone
The most common and reliable way to reach a live agent is by calling Sun Country Airlines' customer service number. Dial the customer service number for Sun Country Airlines, which is 651-905-2737, between 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. (Central Time), and follow the prompts to speak with a live agent.
Track Them Down Via Social Media Mode
Sun Country Airlines is active on various social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. You can try reaching out to them by sending a direct message or posting a comment on their official pages. However, social media may not be as immediate as a phone call, but it's another way to get in touch with a live agent.
Write an Email Addressing Your Concern
You can also try sending an email to Sun Country Airlines' customer service. Visit their official website and look for their contact page. There, you will find an email address or a contact form that you can use to reach out to them. Keep in mind that the response time via email may be longer compared to other methods.
Visit the Airport Counter
If you are at the airport or have plans to visit soon, then you can search for Sun Country Airlines' airport counter. The staff at the counter will surely assist you with any inquiries or issues you may have related to your reservation or flight.
How to Get a Refund for a Sun Country Missed Flight?
According to the Sun Country Airlines Refund Policy, if you missed your flight due to any emergencies like, a medical issue, sudden death, or poor weather condition, then you are eligible to get a refund. However, to claim a refund you will have to show some documents supporting your reason. The ways to get a refund are mentioned below;
To get a refund, you can contact the Sun Country Airline Authority, and ask them for a refund. If they find your flight missing reason genuine, then they will surely help you out.
If you have booked your flight from a third-party agency, then you cannot seek any help from Sun Country Airline. You will have to contact the agency and ask them to help you to deal with this scenario.
Note: Trust your intuition, if you are getting a feeling that you will miss your flight, then it is advisable to inform the airline beforehand. This will increase your chances of getting a refund.