Many factors can promote the chances of missing a flight, such as forgetting something important at home, traffic congestion getting to the airport, poor weather conditions, delays at security, illness or death, late connecting flights, etc.
Some of the reasons can be prevented by a little bit of alertness, but the rest of the factors are beyond our control. So, there is always a chance of 20- 30% to miss a flight.
But you will always find some ways to fix the problem and reach your destination. Wonder how? Simple, just be aware of your rights and have a firm knowledge of Turkish Airlines Missed Flight Policy if you are planning to fly with this airline.
You may get many advantages if you learn about the missed flight policy thoroughly. For instance, instead of being clueless at the airport, you will be able to act quickly to get rid of the situation. Apart from that, you will also get to know about the ways to rebook a flight or claim a refund.
Overview of Turkish Missed Flight, Refund, and Fees
Before you move ahead, you must have a good knowledge of Turkish Airlines policies to avoid any surprises at the airport. All the details about the missed flight and refund policies are mentioned below. Not only that but you will also find a brief elaboration on Turkish Airlines change fees in the same pointers jotted below.
- Missed Flights Policy of Turkish Airlines: If you miss your flight, you may be able to get a refund or a rebook on a later flight. The exact policy will depend on the reason for the missed flight. For example, if you miss your flight due to weather conditions or severe illness, then surely you will be able to get a full refund. However, in case you miss your flight because you were late to complete the Turkish check in or boarding procedure, then unfortunately you will not be able to claim a missed flight refund.
- Turkish Airlines Refund Policy: Turkish Airlines has a variety of fare types, each with its refund policy. Refundable fares can be refunded for a full refund, minus a processing fee. Non-refundable fares cannot be refunded, but you may be able to change your flight for a fee.
- Turkish Change Fees Policy: The change fee for a Turkish Airlines flight will depend on the fare type and the time between when you make the change and the original departure date. Change fees for refundable fares are typically lower than change fees for non-refundable fares.
Tips Regarding Turkish Missed Flight
There are some additional tips that you must keep in mind to avoid missing your Turkish Airlines flight. Not just that, but you will get some additional points as well that will guide you to take steps after missing a flight. Details are given below;
- Check your flight status: The first thing you should do to avoid any worsening situation at the airport is to check its status. You can do this on Turkish Airlines' website or by calling their customer service department. If you think you might miss your flight then inform the airline with some prior notice.
- Arrive early: Turkish Airlines recommends that you arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight. This will give you plenty of time to check in, go through security, and find your gate.
- Be prepared for delays: Flights can be delayed for a variety of reasons, including weather, mechanical problems, and air traffic control issues. If your flight is delayed, Turkish Airlines will try to rebook you on a later flight. However, if there are no available seats, you may be able to get a refund or a voucher for a future flight.
- Be polite and patient: If you do miss your flight, it is important to be polite and patient with Turkish Airlines staff. They will do their best to help you get to your destination.
Which Travel Class of Turkish Airlines Is Allowed To Make Ticket Changes And Claim a Refund?
To know which travel class has the facilities to make changes to their ticket and to claim a refund after missing a flight, you can check the table given below;
Turkish Fare Types
No changes are permitted
No refund is permitted
Premium Economy Class
Changes are allowed, however, certain charges can be charged
No refund is allowed, only taxes can be refunded
Changeable fare ticket
Refunds are allowed. But some processing fees can be deducted
What Happens If You Have Missed Your Flight with Turkish Airlines?
Missing a flight is one of the most unfortunate things that can affect your trip very badly. After you miss a flight, there are many situations that can occur in front of you.
- If you miss your first segment flight due to not showing up at the airport, then your connecting flight may also get canceled by the airline.
- Not only that, but you will also have to pay a no-show penalty.
- Under the no-show case, you cannot claim a refund for missing a flight.
- In case, you have a refundable ticket then you can easily get a refund, no reason for a missed flight will be required, till your ticket falls under the terms and conditions of Turkish Airlines.
- After missing a flight, you can apply for a flight rebook facility.
- Due to any reason if the airline fails to provide you with an alternate flight on the same day, then you will be on standby mode till you find a new flight.
- If you miss a flight because of the airline, then you will get compensation from the airline. Which might include a refund, flight rebooking, or meals.
Note: Missing a flight can be a stressful experience, but it's an opportunity to learn and be better prepared for the future. Take note of what caused you to miss the flight and take steps to avoid similar situations in the future. For instance, consider setting multiple alarms, allowing extra travel time to the airport, or checking in online before your departure.
How to Rebook a Turkish Missed Flight?
After you miss your flight, you can rebook an alternative flight to complete your destination. But booking a missed flight can be a bit more tricky than an original flight booking process because the rebooking procedure has more steps included than the original one.
But you do not have to worry. In the below-given points, you will get all the details of the steps that you must take to complete the rebooking process hassle-free.
- Online: You can rebook your flight online through Turkish Airlines' website. To proceed with this, you will have to log in to your Turkish Airlines account and then select the "Manage Booking" option on the page. You will then be able to see a list of available flights and make a reservation.
- By phone: You can also rebook your flight by phone by calling Turkish Airlines' customer service department. You can find the representatives available for 24 hours. Be ready with all the details regarding your flight to provide the concerned representative.
- In-person: You can also rebook your flight in person at a Turkish Airlines ticket office situated at your nearest airport. There you will have to give the details that will be required for flight booking.
Note: It is important to be aware that when you rebook your flight, you will be responsible for paying any applicable change fees. The change fee will depend on the fare type and the time between when you make the change and the original departure date. Change fees for refundable fares are typically lower than change fees for non-refundable fares.
How Do I Get in Touch With Turkish Airlines?
There are 3 most effective ways through which you can easily connect with the Turkish Airlines Representative. Details can be found below;
- Phone: You can contact Turkish Airlines by phone. The phone numbers vary depending on your location. Visit the Turkish Airlines website and look for the "Contact" or "Customer Support" section to find the appropriate phone number for your country. However, the common customer service number of this airline is 0 80005 01565.
- WhatsApp: You can also get connected with the airline via WhatsApp chat assistance. If you have any queries regarding your trip and want quick assistance then this is the second fastest option after calling.
- Email: Turkish Airlines provides customer support via email. You can send an email outlining your query or concern to the designated email address provided on their website. However, the response cannot be as fast as the other modes.
- Local Offices: Turkish Airlines has offices in many countries. You can visit their local office in your region and speak with their representatives in person. You can find the address and contact details of the nearest office on the official website of Turkish Airlines. You can also find the Turkish counter at the nearby airports.
How Can I Claim Turkish Missed Flight Refund?
As per the Turkish Refund Policy, depending on your fare type and circumstances, you are eligible to get a missed flight refund. However, there are some steps that you have to follow in order to claim a refund smoothly. The steps are;
- Get connected with Turkish Airlines. You can use any mode, it can be online, or telephonic mode. You can also reach the airport to have a conversation with the Turkish agent face-to-face to claim the refund that you deserve.
- Once you get connected, you can tell the agent the reason behind your approach, and your flight details which will help the agent to locate your booking.
- Then, you will have to tell him/her the reason that caused your missed flight.
- After that the agent may ask you to fill out some form as a refund request.
- Once you will fill that, you will be able to proceed further.
- If your reason is genuine and if you have a refundable fare, then you will receive your refund within some business days. The refund will get transferred to the original mode of payment.