The low-cost Canadian airline Flair operates domestic as well as some international flights. In terms of Flair Airlines name change policy passengers are allowed to change the name on their ticket for a fee. The fee varies and depends on the type of ticket as well as the time of the name change request.
If a passenger misspelled or made a mistake in their name and wanted to change or correct it on their ticket, they could do it by contacting the customer service department of Flair Airlines. They will guide you through the process and let the passengers know what the fee will be. It's important to note that name changes are not always possible, and in some cases, the passengers may need to purchase a new ticket.
Flair Airlines recommends that passengers double-check their names before booking their tickets to avoid the need for a name change in the first place. It's also important to ensure that the name on the ticket matches the name on your government-issued ID proof, as this may cause issues at the airport if they don't match.
Reasons For Name Change
There are multiple reasons why a passenger gets in the need to make a name change request on Flair. Some reasons can be normal such as mistakes in the name or the name being misspelled. It is also possible that there can be some serious reasons for changing the name. Not all the requests are accepted, change the name on a Flair Airlines flight ticket but many of them are accepted.
Some of the most common name change requests are made for below given reasons:
- During the booking process the name entered had some mistakes or the name has been misspelled
- The passenger made the booking on behalf of someone else and needs to transfer the ticket (this request is not allowed in Flair and the ticket will not be transferred)
- The passenger's travel plans have changed and someone else will be using the Flair change name on the ticket (this request is not allowed in Flair and the ticket will not be transferred)
- Due to marriage, divorce, or adoption, the legal name of the passenger has been changed
- The passenger's identification documents (such as an ID proof passport) have the wrong name on them
- The passenger's name was entered incorrectly by the travel agent who made the booking
- The passenger's name was entered incorrectly by a third-party booking site.
Guidelines For Name Change
Flair Airlines has a name change policy on their reservation under some conditions passengers are allowed to make any change in their names. It is very important for every passenger to be educated about certain rules & regulations of the Airlines. Passengers are expected to follow those guidelines as well.
Below are the guidelines for the Flair Airlines name change policy:
- Name changes are allowed up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight
- Passengers can only request name changes by calling Flair Airlines' customer service department
- A fee will be charged for the name change request after 24 hours of booking
- Name changes are only permitted for the same route and flight date
- Name changes are not allowed for promotional fares, group bookings, or bookings made through a third-party agency
- Transfer of ticket to another person is strictly not allowed in Flair Airlines
- Name changes can only be made for flights operated by Flair Airlines. If a partner airline is operating the flight, the name change policy of the partner airline will apply.
Fees for Changing the Name
If a passenger wants to change the name on the flight ticket the fee will be applied every time they make a change. The Flair Airlines name change fee can vary depending on how late a passenger makes a change request. The following information is regarding the name change with the time limit;
- Within 24 hours: If a passenger makes a change request for their name within the 24 hours of the booking as well as 7 days prior to the scheduled departure there will be no fees applied & the name will be changed for free.
- 7 Days or more: If a passenger requests for a name change after 24 hours of booking but the scheduled flight departure is still at least 7 days prior or more then there will be a fee charged of $24 + tax & fare difference.
- 48 hours to 7 days: If a passenger requests for a name change within the last 48 hours to 7 days of the scheduled flight departure then there will be a fee charged $49 + tax & fare difference.
- 3 hours to 48 hours: If a passenger requests for a name change within the last 3 hours to 48 hours of the scheduled flight departure then there will be a fee charged of $89 + tax & fare difference.
- 3 hours: Changes can only be made up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight if a name change request is made after this period the request will not be accepted at all.
- TravelFLEX: If a passenger has purchased TravelFLEX while booking the flight they can change the name up to 3 hours after the scheduled departure of the flight at $0 + fare difference.
- Big Bundle: If a passenger has purchased Big Bundle while booking the flight they can change the name up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight at $0 + fare difference.
Note: In case you miss your flight with Flair Airlines, make sure to contact with them as soon as you can. A "no-show" in the Flair Airlines missed flight policy doesn't make you eligible for any kind of refund. So, connect with them by calling on 1-833-711-2333.
There is a table below that explains the Flair Airlines name change request with the time limit allowed:
|Allowed Time Period||Fee For Name Change|
|Within 24 hours||$0 / Free|
|7 Days or more||$24 + tax & fare difference|
|48 hours to 7 days||$49 + tax & fare difference|
|3 hours to 48 hours||$89 + tax & fare difference|
|TravelFLEX||$0 + fare difference|
|Big Bundle||$0 + fare difference|
|3 hours||Not Applicable|
Steps to Change Name on Flair Airlines Reservation
To change the incorrect name on your Flair Airlines reservation you should keep in mind as well as follow some simple steps given below:
Step 1 - Check the Eligibility:
To change the name in Flair Airlines first you need to check if you are eligible or not to do so. Only the eligible person will be able to change the name on the wrong-spelled ticket. Eligibility can be defined according to the certain fare or the route of the flight ticket. Please read carefully the eligibility guidelines online to check your eligibility. If you are unable to check your eligibility you can call on the customer care department.
Step 2 - Contact Airline Customer Service:
You will need to contact the customer care department of Flair Airlines at +1-833-711-2333 for making a request for a change of name on the Flair Airlines ticket.
Step 3 - Provide Necessary Information:
When you will be connected to a Flair customer care agent/representative, provide all the necessary information they will ask you for. Provide your flight as well as your personal details. The flight details will be your booking number and your itinerary details. The personal information the representative will ask you will be according to your government-issued legal ID proof.
Step 4 - Pay the Required Fees:
After when your name will be corrected by the airline agent, re-check again properly, and also be sure about the name this time. Pay if there is a required Flair Airlines name change fee you can pay it by using the available methods such as by using your debit/credit card or online banking.