Ready to book your Flights to Chicago but do not have much information about this city? Well, we have covered your back. In this article, we have mentioned every single detail that you must know such as the top attractions of this city, the largest airport, and some of the major hub airlines.
Overview of Chicago
Chicago is one of the largest cities in the US that offers vibrant music culture and jaw-dropping architecture to its natives and tourists. And the most amazing fact about this city is it covers around 60,000 hectares of area and is situated above 176 meters of sea level on the southwestern shore of Lake Michigan. The peak of this place was in 2019 when 60 million tourists were recorded.
Best Tourist Places in Chicago
Going to visit Chicago soon but do not have any idea about the most famous places? If yes, then no worries. We have prepared a comprehensive section to guide you about the top attractive places in Chicago. Before you book your flights to Chicago, you must take a look at the below-given points.
- The Art Institute of Chicago: Here you can see famous American paintings of all time at just $25.00.
- Navy Pier: If you like fireworks then you must visit this place at night. You can visit this place free of cost.
- Millennium Park: This place shows the public art venue and also showcases McCormick Tribune Ice Skating Rink, the BP Pedestrian Bridge, and the Joan W. and Irving B. This park is free to visit.
- Field Museum: This place showcases the nature and culture of the bright and rich future. You can visit this place for $28.00.
- Shedd Aquarium: This place has the 7th largest Aquarium in the world. The price of the ticket to this place is $35.70.
- Skydeck Chicago: This place is famous for its eighth-tallest building in the world. You can visit this place for $30.00.
Tips and Tricks to Book Cheap Chicago Flights
Planning to fly to Chicago but concerned about the ticket price? No worries. Just follow the below-given points and get some useful hacks to get cheap flight tickets;
- Visit Chicago in the month of October to get approx 14% drop in the ticket price.
- Book your ticket from the United States to Chicago in the month of February to get the lowest price. In this month, the average price of the flight would be approx $1385.
- Do not visit Chicago in the month of January, July, and August.
- Book your Chicago flight tickets from a third-party source. One of the best travel agencies that offer low price tickets is Farecopy.
- Be flexible with your travel date and time and be alert about the offers provided by different airlines.
- To book Flights to Chicago, use airline loyalty points.
Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) is the largest airline in Chicago that serves non-stop flights to approx 214 destinations (55 international and 155 domestic). In September 2022, this airport served around 2,964,698 passengers. This airport is a major hub for United, American, Frontier, and Spirit Airlines.
For your convenience, we have written some navigation guides for the inside structure of the airport in the below-given pointer.
- All the flights of United Airlines arrive and depart from Terminals 1 and 2.
- Terminal 3 serves both American and Spirit Airlines.
- If you are flying with Frontier Airlines then your flight will arrive at Terminal 5 at ORD Airport.
- The baggage claim areas will be at Terminals 1,2, and 3.
- The lost and found department is located near Terminal 5.
- The transportation facility will be available near Terminal 1.
|Airport Name||Chicago O'Hare International Airport|
|Destination City name||Chicago|
|Most Popular Airlines||Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Alaska Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Frontier Airlines, Air Canada, British Airways|