JetBlue Airlines has a reputation for excellent services and lenient policies. Often passengers feel uncomfortable traveling with JetBlue with their pet, without knowing the JetBlue Airlines pet policy. Here we will be discussing all of that policy in detail, so let's begin without wasting any more time.
Does Jetblue Airlines Allow Pets In Cabins?
Absolutely Yes, Jetblue Airlines does allow pets in their cabin.
As you are aware that your pets can not travel on their own, especially on a plane. So if you wish to travel with your pets you must book a pet reservation online or via phone and either carry them with you or get someone to accompany them.
Just because the cabin does not look like an animal farm, JetBlue Airlines allows only 4 pets to travel in-cabin or on any of their flights. So considering this, make your booking via the airline. Usually, the booking of pets is on a first-come, first-served basis, so making booking arrangements early will ensure your pet is traveling on the same plane with you. Keep note that the fourth, the last pet should be booked only at the counter and within 24 hours of departure.
What are the conditions for Travelling with Pets?
Pets are neither intelligent enough to travel alone nor a thing to be packed and stored in the luggage compartment, so airlines cracked a way in between both of these situations. So let's see what conditions you need to abide by to carry your pet on board-
- If a pet is on board, the owner has to ensure it is carried in a carrier with enough space to breathe, but not let loose.
- The JetBlue pet carrier must not exceed the dimensions of 17" X 12.5" X 8.5" or 43.18cm X 31.75cm X 21.59cm (Length X Width X Height respectively.)
- The carrier is sought to be properly ventilated and should be fully waterproof.
- There must be only one pet in each carrier, nothing more than that.
- If you don’t have a carrier, don’t worry, the airports have spare carriers which can be purchased for $55 at the counter while booking or Checking In.
- To make sure the pet carrier travels on JetBlue Airlines, it must be FAA-approved.
- You are not allowed to carry a newly born pet onboard, it must be at least 8 months old to be able to fly domestically on JetBlue airlines.
Allowed pets in the cabin
Although people have a passion for various kinds of pets, you must abide by the rules as many of the so-called-pets can cause chaos on the plane, so these are the only pets allowed on board JetBlue Airlines-
- Small Cats and Dogs.
- Service Dogs.
- Emotional Support Animals.
Jetblue Pet Fees
Well, making arrangements for your little friend requires time and effort, which is why the airlines cost you a small fee of $125 for a single-way trip. To make your travel with your pet convenient, the airlines make sure that the pet reaches the destination safe and sound. If you are a TrueBlue member, each JetBlue pet fee paid for traveling a pet on a single-way trip earns you 300 TrueBlue points.
Pets in Checked Baggage
As already mentioned, pets are not lifeless things, so treating them like baggage will be very inhumane. The airline does not promote any such behavior on their flights, so unfortunately, you can not carry your pets as checked baggage on any Jetblue flight. For getting more information about this you can read about JetBlue Baggage Policy.
What are the Restrictions for Pets on Jetblue Airlines?
Carrying a pet with you can sometimes be annoying for other fellow passengers. So if you are traveling with pets onboard, you must abide by the JetBlue pet policy and learn all the restrictions issued by the airline. Here are all the restrictions that apply to all the passengers carrying pets with them on JetBlue Airlines-
- On flights to Barbados, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, and St Lucia, pets are not allowed.
- On flights to St. Maarten transiting through the U.S. from Central and South America, pets will not be allowed to board the plane.
- On flights to/from London, pets are not allowed.
- Usually, 1 carrier per person is allowed however, exceptions can be made.
- Each flight will contain no more than 4 pets at a time.
- Booking for the 4th pet should be made at the counter within 24 hours of the departure of the flight.
- If you have made any kind of interline booking, you will not be allowed to carry pets onboard.
How To Book Pets on Jetblue?
Unlike normal passenger booking, pet booking is quite different. Passengers have various options to book their tickets, but pet bookings can be done either at the airport counter or via the official website and the app.
- Get to the official Jetblue website or install the official app.
- Now log in to your account or create a new one.
- Fill in the origin of the flight and destination along with the other required information.
- Press the "Search Flights" button.
- Make sure to select the class of your booking from Economy, Business, or First Class, and then make a choice of your trip according to the preferred time.
- Then click on the "Next: Checkout" button and then on the "Next: Traveler Details" button.
- Now you will need to fill in all the details of the passenger and click on the “Seats and Extras” button.
- Add Extra Baggage and add a pet to the booking.
- Finally, review your details, and once done, make the payment to confirm your booking.
Once all the steps are successfully completed, you will be notified via mail or phone about your reservation with JetBlue Airlines.
- Get to the Westjet Booking Counter.
- Make a reservation for your pet via the agent.
- To complete your itinerary provide them all the required information.
- Here you can also purchase the carrier for your pet according to its size.
What is Pet Booking Phone Number?
It is not always convenient to get to the airport to make your reservations, as it might be located far away from you. There are even many people who don’t like to make bookings via phone or website. So for such people, there is a better option to call on the Jetblue pet reservation number at +1-800-538-2583. If you wish Jetblue Airlines to help you in booking, flight change, or cancellation with ease and in a few minutes, this is the best option to go for.
There are plenty of benefits that you can enjoy while getting connected to the live agent. They will make sure to help you with your reservation for your pet in no time.
Emotional Support Animals
Animals or pets that are trained for services can travel on any JetBlue flight and also on every route where pets are not allowed except to/from Jamaica. JetBlue emotional support animals policy states that for every domestic, international route service animals have been granted to fly absolutely free of cost.
Although here’s the catch, you will have to have these documents ready to be verified-
- The U.S. Department of Transportation Service Animal Air Transportation Form
- Provide active/retired Government issued ID cards.
The Form has to be submitted to Jetblue 48 hours prior to the departure. The passenger must accompany the service animal all the time while traveling.
If you are planning to travel to Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and international destinations with JetBlue service animals, you will have to carry additional documentation required for a smooth transition.