As a parent sending your kid to travel alone with strangers can be daunting. But if your kid is going to travel with American Airlines then there is nothing to worry about. American Airlines is a wonderful and very popular airline in Texas because of its excellent UMNR service.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
In this article, we will give you a brief overview of the UMNR Policy for American Airlines.
- Passengers aged 0-4 cannot travel alone.
- Unaccompanied minor service is required for ages 5-7. For whom gate escort and guardian contact will be required. This can only be done on nonstop flights.
- Unaccompanied minor service is mandatory for American Airlines on passengers ages 8-14. They can go on nonstop flights as well as connecting flights like Charlotte, Chicago, Phoenix, and others.
- Unaccompanied minor service is mandatory for American Airlines on passengers ages 15-17. They can fly nonstop flights as well as connecting flights like Miami, New York, Dallas, and others.
- Along with this, children between the age of 2 to 14 years can travel as a minor on this flight accompanied by a person of 16 years of age or more.
- If you are planning to travel then children under the age of 18 will need a consent form to travel internationally unaccompanied by both parents.
Drop-off and Pick-up
- Children must be picked up 2 hours prior to departure on American Airlines domestic flights and 3 hours prior to departure on international flights.
- Also, the unaccompanied minor will have to fill up the form and submit the ticket at the counter.
- Upon completion of check-in, bring your child to the gate 30 minutes prior to departure for pre-boarding.
- An adult accompanying an unaccompanied minor must check in at the gate of the destination airport 20 minutes prior to the flight's scheduled arrival time.
- From the departure city to the arrival city, American Airlines is in charge of the unaccompanied minor.
Note: Children under the age of 18 who are traveling internationally without both parents may be required to present a consent form before leaving the United States.
Unaccompanied minor lounges Facility
Lounges for unaccompanied minors are available in the following airports should your child need to make a connection:
- Washington Reagan
- Dallas Fort Worth
- New York
- To fly internationally as an Italian citizen under the age of 14, you will need the signature of your parent or legal guardian, certification from the local police headquarters, and the name of the airline you will be flying with.
- Each child must have their own passport and the country they are visiting. If your child does not have Spanish citizenship but is living in Spain, he or she must register at the Spanish Consulate.
Complimentary Kits for Minor Kids
All the kids under 5 years to 10 years departing from Charlotte, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Miami, Dallas, Philadelphia, and Washington Reagan will receive complimentary Kids’ Kits. The kits for the minor kids will be presented by Quaker. The purpose behind serving the kit is to keep the minor kids fully entertained till their flight ends.
Booking For American Unaccompanied Minor
American Airlines offers only two ways to book a flight for an unaccompanied minor.
Via Phone Call
The first thing that you are required to do is to find the American Airlines Customer Care department. Some of the numbers with different language assistance are given below;
- If you want the call representative to speak in English, you can call on 800-433-7300.
- For Spanish, call on 800-633-3711.
- If you speak French then you can call on 800-756-8613.
- Once you dial the number, you must hear the IVR menu carefully (if available). If not then the agent will directly connect with you.
- While talking with the agent, you can ask them to book a flight for the unaccompanied minor.
- To book a flight, you are required to submit all the details.
- Once the booking is done, you will get the booking confirmation number on your phone number.