Hawaiian Airlines offers a Hawaiian Airlines UMNR policy (Unaccompanied Minor) program for children aged 5-17 years traveling alone. It is mandatory to check in the child as well as the accompanying adult at least 90 minutes prior to the departure time of the flight.
Hawaiian Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
The first thing that is extremely important is the contact information of all persons involved in the process of booking a flight to Hawaii for an unaccompanied minor, such as the identity of the person who is assumed to be the parent/guardian of the child as well.
- The person who will drop and pick up the child from the airport along with the identity of the minor. All this identification will be as per the ID proof approved by the government.
- Children 12 years of age and older are accepted for unaccompanied travel under the Hawaiian Airlines UMNR Policy.
- Children 5 to 11 years old are accepted only when accompanied by another guest who is at least 15 years old.
- Hawaiian Children under the age of two who are not seated in a seat. charged a percentage of the adult fare for them. Is
- A child who attains the age of two years after the commencement of the journey. Will travel as a lap child on flights before his birthday. He has to buy a seat for some parts of the journey.
- In Hawaiian, children under the age of 12 are permitted to travel on international flights accompanied by a passenger under the age of 18, which may require additional documentation.
- For international flights, children below the age of 5 years can travel with a passenger of 15 years of age.
Hawaiian Unaccompanied Minor Fee
For travel between the Islands of Hawaii, the fee will be $35 USD and if travel is domestic within the United States the fee will be $100 USD. Following is a table outlining the fees and conditions for Hawaiian Airlines UMNR Policy:
|UMNR Service Fees (each way)||Flight Routes||Age Restrictions|
|$35.00 USD||Within the State of Hawaii||Children aged 5-12 years old|
|$100.00 USD||Between the Continental USA & Hawaii||Children aged 5-12 years old|
|Not Applicable||International||Under 12 not permitted|
- Must present a valid and unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- Must provide name, phone number, and address.
Services For Hawaiian Unaccompanied Minor
UMNR Policy includes several services to ensure the safety and well-being of children traveling alone. Here are the services included in the UMNR policy
- Dedicated Check-In: The child and accompanying adult can check in at the dedicated UMNR check-in counter.
- Boarding Assistance: The child will be boarded first and deplaned last by a Hawaiian Airlines employee. The accompanying adult is allowed to accompany the child to the boarding gate.
- UMNR Release Form: The adult dropping off the child must sign an Unaccompanied Minor Release Form, which includes contact information for the adult picking up the child and any other necessary information.
Book a Flight For a Minor with Hawaiian Airlines
You can book a flight for a Hawaiian UMNR Policy by the simple as well as easy methods mentioned below:
Booking Flight For UMNR Online
Unfortunately, Hawaiian Airlines does not allow for Unaccompanied Minor bookings to be made online. UMNR reservations must be made by calling the Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Department.
Booking Flight For UMNR Via Phone
Yes, Via phone we can book flights for UMNR and also check in Hawaiian Airlines. Here are the steps to book a UMNR flight with Hawaiian Airlines:
- Call the Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Department at 1-800-367-5320.
- Inform the reservation agent that you want to book a flight for an unaccompanied minor.
- Provide the agent with the child's name, age, and any other necessary information.
- Provide the agent with the name and contact information of the adult dropping off and picking up the child.
- Choose the flight that works best for your needs and schedule and pay the fee.
- The agent will provide you with a confirmation number and any other necessary details about the UMNR program.
UMNR reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the flight's departure time and can only be made by calling the Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Department.