While traveling with children, we have to take many precautions so that we are well prepared for the flight of our children. Airlines offer you JetBlue Airlines UMNR policy. Here you will get to know everything related to it like fees, conditions, and restrictions.
JetBlue's Unaccompanied Minor Policy
JetBlue UMNR Policy has its own rules and regulations. Without these aspects, the policy cannot run. We will suggest the parents go through these so that they are clear about the process.
- No child under the age of 5 is permitted to travel alone with JetBlue Airways.
- In addition, children aged 5 to 13 can travel alone as unaccompanied minors.
- JetBlue Airways seat row 25ABC for A320, 25ABC for E190, 32ABC for A321Cores, and 29ABC for A321Mint for children valid on nonstop flights.
- JetBlue does not allow Unaccompanied Minors on connecting flights or direct flights.
- Children may travel alone until they reach their 14th birthday on the day of the flight with JetBlue Airways.
- Children are eligible for this policy only if their parents or guardians make the booking by themselves.
- Unaccompanied Minor details should be correct and match with the legal ID proof.
- Parents' or guardians' details should be valid and correct.
- Only the parents or guardians are allowed to pick up and drop off the child at the airport.
- Unaccompanied Minors can travel on all international flights.
JetBlue UMNR Fees
Here's a table outlining the fees and conditions for JetBlue Airlines' UMNR policy:
|UMNR Service Fees (each way)||Flight Routes||Age Restrictions|
|$300 USD ($150 each way)||This fee is for domestic flights per passenger.||Children aged 5-14 years old|
|$300 USD ($150 each way)||This fee is for international flights per passenger.||Children aged 5-14 years old
- The unaccompanied minor fee is $150 USD each way which means $300 USD for a round trip.
- If two minors are traveling together then the fees will be the same as $150 USD per passenger each way which means $300 USD per passenger for a round trip.
- For both international and domestic fees will be the same per passenger.
Drop-off and Pick-up
- Both adults, the person dropping off the unaccompanied minor and the person picking up the child at the destination must show a photo ID.
- Along with this, a gate pass will have to be requested to accompany the child to the departure gate.
- You must have a copy of the Unaccompanied Minor form with you. Your name, address, and cell phone number should be entered inside it.
- The adult picking up the child must be at least 18 years old and must arrive at the airport at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled arrival.
JetBlue Service For Child
A passenger who is an unaccompanied minor needs assistance and more attention. So below, there is the number of services that will be given to the minor by the airlines:
- The airline appoints one of their employees as an assistant for the child. Who will take care of the child?
- The assistant helps the child with the check-in process at the airport.
- Minors will be given the pre-boarding facility by the airlines.
- The assistant will give full supervision to the child during the flight journey so that the minor can't face any trouble.
- The assistant will drop the child off to the parents or guardian after reaching the destination only after verifying the legal id.
- JetBlue Airlines provides the best service to their unaccompanied minor passenger.
Book a Flight for an Unaccompanied Minor with JetBlue Airlines
After you will have all the information about JetBlue Airlines UMNR Policy, you also need to know about flight booking for unaccompanied minors.
Booking Unaccompanied Minor Flights Online
In this process, you can directly go to the website for a reservation or you can also do it from the mobile application of JetBlue Airlines:
- Fill in all the details about the trip.
- Select the appropriate flight according to the comfort and suitable time for the child.
- Fill up the information about the child and for making the reservation complete parents or guardian details also need to be filled in.
- Make the payment and you will get the whole details about the flight.
Booking Unaccompanied Minor Flights with Phone
In this, you can directly call the JetBlue Airlines customer service number 1800-538-2583. Tell the agent about the booking and give the details of the passenger. An agent will help you to complete the process.