If you are planning to send your minor kid to travel alone then Porter Airline would be the best choice. This airline provides excellent service to unaccompanied minors. The main motive of the airline is to ensure the safety and comfort of every passenger, especially minors who are traveling alone. Stay with us and get a firm knowledge of Porter Airlines UMNR Policy.
Documents Required Porter Airlines UMNR
- For booking porter flight ticket for a minor kid, you must require a birth certificate that has all the information available such as the date of birth, full name, and gender.
- If the kid is flying within Canada then his/her health certificate and passport are required.
- If the minor kid is going to travel to and from the United States then a passport is needed.
Porter Airlines UMNR Policy Rules
Before you book a ticket for your kid, you must know all the age and service restrictions that fall under the UMNR Policy for Porter Airlines.
Under the Age of 8 Years
- No UMNR service will be given to passengers under the age of 8 years.
- If a minor kid wants to travel then he/she must have an accompanying adult along.
- The accompanied adult should be at least 16 years old and must hold a seat next to the minor kid.
Kids Between the Age of 8 Years to 11 Years
- For all kids between 8 years to 11 years, the UM service is mandatory.
- To avoid the UMNR service, they need to be accompanied by an adult passenger who is 16 or more years old.
Kids Between the Age of 12 Years to 17 Years
- The UMNR service for kids between 12 years to 17 years is optional.
- However, the service can be purchased, if requested.
- Kid falling under this age group does not require any adult accompanying.
UMNR While Check-In
A check-in procedure is the most important procedure to board a flight. According to UMNR Policy, there are some general points that you must follow to complete the check-in procedure.
- To proceed with the check-in procedure, you have to reach the airport at least 2-3 hours before the flight departure time.
- Once you reach the airport, go to the check-in counter and complete the Porter check in procedure by submitting all the essential documents.
- After that, you need to fill out the unaccompanied minor form.
There are a certain group of kids who are restricted to use the Porter UMNR Policy.
- Kids who are differently challenged and cannot see or hear properly are restricted by the airline.
- Kids who need special assistance or need any help to take essential medication are not allowed to board the flight alone.
- Kids with allergies are not allowed as they might require to travel with an epinephrine auto-injector.
Note: Kids who can take their medicine on their own are only allowed to travel alone with Porter Airlines.
Prepare A Minor Kid to Travel Alone
Read the below-given points to get an overview.
- Explain the UMNR service and airport/airline preceding to the minor kid. Prepare them for the adventure trip.
- Educated the kid about the guardian who is going to receive him/her at the airport.
- Make sure the kid sleeps well one night before the journey.
Fill their carry-on baggage with food, snacks, game, books, toys, warm clothes, and other important stuff.
- The carry-on baggage size should not exceed the weight limit of 9 kilograms and the dimensions of 55x40x23 centimeters.
- Do not forget to pack the essential medicines (if any).
- Pack their fully charged electronic devices.
Things To Remember
There are some important points for the guardians who are going to receive the minor.
- Kindly reach the airport at least 30 minutes prior to the flight time, so that you can get plenty of time to complete the airport procedure (if any).
- If you are going to be late to pick up the kid, then you must inform the airport authority by calling their customer service cell.
- In the case of international flights, no passenger escort gate pass will be issued for arrivals.
- Before receiving the child, you have to show your ID proof to the airport staff.
- The minor child and the guardian will meet at the “meet and greet” area of the airport.