There are times when parents and guardians need to send their children unaccompanied on an airplane journey, at that time parents/guardians are tense about how their children will travel alone. Spirit Airlines offers a UMNR policy for these young travelers, which includes a dedicated check-in counter, assistance with boarding, and in-flight supervision.
Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Spirit Airlines allows minors to travel alone on direct domestic flights to and from Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands would be included.
- Spirit Airlines does not allow unaccompanied minors to travel to international destinations.
- Parents or guardians must fill out an Unaccompanied minor form, which includes contact information for both the child and the person who will be picking them up at their destination.
- The Unaccompanied minor policy program charges an additional fee for its services.
- Spirit Airlines prohibits passengers under the age of 15 from flying alone with children under the age of 4.
- Children aged 5 to 14 are allowed to travel without an adult.
- Any child over the age of 15 is welcome to fly alone on any Spirit Airlines flight.
- Per the Spirit Airlines UMNR policy, only one lap child is allowed per passenger. The age of the passenger must be 15 years or older.
- A child aged 7 days to 23 months is considered a lap child. Passengers don’t need to book a separate seat for the lap child until and unless they don’t want to.
- While talking about the documentation, Spirit Airlines reserves the right to request documented proof of age for any children with age 2 years or younger.
Parents/guardians have to pay an additional fee to the original ticket under the Spirit Airlines UMNR Policy before booking Spirit flight. The fee could range anything from $100 for a one-way trip to $200 for a round trip in US dollars.
Here are a table outlining the fees and conditions for Spirit Airlines UMNR policy:
|Flight Routes||UMNR Service Fees (each way)||Age Restrictions|
|Flights within the United States||$100.00 USD (Each Way)||Children aged 5-14 years old|
|Flights outside the United States||Not applicable||Not applicable|
Drop-off and Pick-up
- For travel on Spirit Airlines, an adult with proper identification must complete the Unaccompanied Minor Form at the airport.
- Electronic gate passes are issued for unaccompanied minors who require an escort or special assistance.
- Check-in for unaccompanied minors for Spirit Airlines begins 60 minutes prior to flight time.
- The drop-off attendant must go to the gate with their fee and wait at least 15 minutes after takeoff.
- The Unaccompanied Minor form must be filled out by parents/guardians, which includes contact information for both the child and the person who will be picking them up at their destination.
- Spirit Airlines is very strict in the identification process. The Unaccompanied Minor, the person who will bring the child to the airport, and the person who will pick up the child must provide a government-issued ID proof.
Book a Flight for a Minor with Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airlines provides a very simple as well as easy booking process for a flight for an Unaccompanied minor. All the points are very much understandable and will help you to book the flight so please read the given information carefully and book your flight accordingly:
Booking UMNR Flights Online
The online booking process is available on the Spirit Airlines official website, you can book your flight with some easy steps given below:
- Visit the home page of the official Spirit Airlines Website - Spirit.com.
- Enter all the details such as cities/airports, dates & number of passengers.
- Validate the Unaccompanied travel for the child.
- Book the flight with the same booking process.
- The fee of $100 USD will be charged along with the flight fee.
- Receive all the confirmation details in your email and phone.