Parents usually hesitate while sending their minors alone on the plane, and it is too evident for them to be scared. But do not worry, Turkish Airlines has your back with the Turkish Unaccompanied Minor Policy. The airline has two options for your minors traveling alone: Escort Service, and Unaccompanied Minor Service. To know more about this service, read the article below carefully, and note down the main takeaways.
Turkish Unaccompanied Minor Policy: How It Works
Turkish Airlines offers two types of services for unaccompanied children, escort service and unaccompanied minor service.
Their information is given to you below:
1. Travel Companion/Escort Service
- Children under the age of 2 and 7 who do not have an adult guardian. They are assigned to the cabin staff escort, for which some charges are also applicable.
- The escort will travel with your child throughout the journey and take care of their every need.
- Upon arrival at the airport, the escort will hand over your child to a designated adult.
2. Unaccompanied short service
- Children below the age of 7 to 12 years who can travel unaccompanied must be booked by a parent or legal guardian.
- Inside this, the flight attendant will take care of the child passenger.
- Also, note that they are not allowed to travel for connecting flights but can travel with their parents.
- Must request a companion at least 48 hours prior to Turkish Airlines flight. Otherwise you may missed Tuskish flight.
- Note that children traveling unaccompanied must arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to the flight.
3. Infant fares
|99 TRY to 159 TRY
|139 TRY to 258 TRY
|149 TRY to 269 TRY
|209 TRY to 418 TRY
Important Terms For Turkish Unaccompanied Minor
- Turkish Airlines allows only one parent per infant on board.
- The age of the parents should be above 18 years.
- Small children may ride only on their parent's lap using a special child safety belt.
- These infants will receive a concessional ticket for which no fee is charged.
- In addition, a parent or other responsible adult 18 years of age or older may bring one infant with them. But the first infant will be issued an infant ticket which will be on your lap and any other infant will require a ticket at their own expense.
- On all flights to Germany, the child will not be delivered to the passenger at the aircraft door and must only be picked up by passengers from the baggage claim area.
- Passengers traveling to the Republic of Turkey are required to present a biometric photo ID as per the standards.
How to Book a Flight for a Minor with Turkish Airlines
There are different ways offered by Turkish Airlines for booking a flight for minors. Some of them are listed below. You can choose any one method at your convenience
Turkish Airlines have no option for booking flights online for minors.
To book a flight for a minor over the phone, follow the given steps
- Call on the registered contact number - +90 212 463 63 63.
- Provide all the required details asked by the agent, and provide all the required documents as well.
- Make the final payment, and the ticket will be sent to the registered Email ID.
You also get an option to book a flight at the airport. Provide all the necessary details at the counter, sign all the documents, and do the payment.
Important processes for UNMRs
For the minors to reach their destination safely, an important process needs to be followed
Baggage allowance for infant passengers
- On the Domestic route for Economy and Business Class Baggage allowance is 10 kg.
- This is a 10 kg + 1 foldable stroller for Economy and Business on International routes.
- This is a 23 kg + 1 foldable stroller for those traveling to the USA.
In-flight experience for UNMRs
- Choose from 2 types of fruit and vegetable baby food.
- These must be requested during the reservation process or at least 24 hours prior to the flight.
- Parents may bring sufficient liquid or solid baby food with them during the flight.
- Liquid baby food cannot be carried on board Turkish Airlines in containers with a volume of more than 100 ml.
Arrival Process for UNMRs
Once the flight has landed, the assistant will safely drop the kid off to the person who will be there to pick up the child from the airport. The assistant will give all the things which the kid was carrying along on the journey.