WestJet Airlines is one of Canada's largest airlines. It is headquartered in Calgary. Westjet flies to over 110 destinations internationally as well as domestically.
It is known for its friendly and welcoming service, affordable fares, and commitment to safety and comfort. You will surely have a positive and memorable experience on its flights.
Here we are going to know all the deets about how to upgrade your WestJet flight.
Why Upgrading Your WestJet Flight Is Worth Considering?
Before knowing the process of upgradation on WestJet flights. Let's explore why it is worth considering.
Upgrading your WestJet flight can give you access to more comfortable seating. You will also get more legroom and amenities. You can also enjoy the features like lie-flat seats, premium meals, etc. But it depends on your level of upgrade.
You can benefit yourself with priority Westjet check-in and boarding, and security screening by upgrading your WestJet flight. This means you can avoid long lines and enjoy a more seamless travel experience.
Many WestJet upgrades also come with access to airport lounges. These lounges offer a quiet and comfortable space to relax, work, or enjoy a meal or drink before your flight.
If you are a member of WestJet's rewards program. Then upgrading your flight can earn you more reward points. You can use them to redeem them for future flights or other traveling expenses.
Traveling for a special occasion like a birthday, anniversary, or honeymoon. Opt for WestJet upgrade seats on your flight and experience a remarkable and special journey.
How To Know If You Can Upgrade Your WestJet Flight?
- Check your eligibility: Before you consider upgrading your flight, make sure that you are eligible for an upgrade. WestJet offers an upgrade program called "Plus Fare," This provides additional benefits like extra legroom, priority boarding, and complimentary food and beverages.
- Contact WestJet: If you are eligible for an upgrade, the next step is to contact WestJet. Inquire about upgrade options and availability. You can call WestJet's customer care at 1-866-693-7853. You can also visit their website, or use their mobile app to explore your upgrade options. Keep in mind that upgrades are subject to availability. And some flights may not have upgrade options available.
- Pay for your upgrade: You have to pay for the upgrade if it's available on your flight. The cost of the upgrade will depend on the fare type, route, and other factors. You can pay for your upgrade using a credit card or other accepted payment method.
- Enjoy your upgraded flight: Once you've paid for your upgrade, you can sit back and enjoy your upgraded flight experience. WestJet's Plus Fare program provides an elevated travel experience that can make your flight more comfortable and enjoyable.
Class Upgrade On WestJet Airlines
You can do WestJet upgrades on your flights in different ways.
Upgrade By Placing An Offer
On the official website of WestJet Airlines, you can place an offer for upgrading your flight.
- Enter your reservation code and last name in the login section.
- Choose the segment you want to upgrade and slide to the payment option.
- If your offer is accepted, then you can pay the amount. Enter its details in the given fields.
- 72 hours before your departure, WestJet will send you the information about your upgraded seat.
Upgrading At Check-in
If you didn't upgrade your flight on the website. Just relax as you can still inquire about upgrade options on the check-in counter. WestJet staff will check availability and provide you with upgrade options and costs. However, keep in mind that availability may be limited at this point. So, it's best to inquire as early as possible.
Upgrading with WestJet Rewards
In case you are a WestJet frequent flyer. With its WestJet Rewards program, you can upgrade your flight using points.
The number of points required for an upgrade will depend on the type of upgrade and the route. You can check your eligibility and point balance using the WestJet app or website.
Upgrading with cash
Don't have enough points or want to pay with cash? Upgrade your flight using a credit card. You can inquire about upgrade options when you check in for your flight. Or contact WestJet customer service to explore your options.
Benefits of Plus Fare
Plus Fare is the most common type of upgrade on WestJet flights. You will get extra legroom, priority boarding, and complimentary food and drinks.
Plus Fare also includes a checked bag, no change fees, and no cancellation fees. This can provide added value and flexibility to your travel plans.
Business Class and Premium Cabin upgrades
If you're looking for a truly luxurious travel experience. Then, you may want to consider upgrading to Business Class or Premium Cabin.
These premium cabin and business class WestJet upgrades provide additional benefits such as lie-flat seats, gourmet dining, and access to exclusive lounges.
Business Class and Premium Cabin upgrades are mostly only available on long-haul international flights, and the cost can be quite high. But these upgrades can be well worth the cost.
Benefits of Upgrading Your WestJet Flight
Increased baggage allowance: Your baggage will surely increase when you upgrade your ticket. No need to pay any extra fees for your bags.
- Premium dining: You can indulge in an assortment of gourmet dishes and drinks including wine and spirits. The level of your upgrade can also provide you with snacks and refreshments all through your journey.
- In-flight entertainment: Upgrading on WestJet flights can also give you access to a wider selection of in-flight entertainment. Get noise-canceling headphones too and enhance your flight experience.
- Enhanced Amenities: Receive additional amenities after upgrading your WestJet flight. Relax on your journey with premium amenity kits, luxurious blankets, pillows, etc.
WestJet's Loyalty Pragram
The loyalty program of this air carrier is called WestJet Rewards. The benefits and travel privileges of this program will enhance your flight journey to the next level.
By being a member of WestJet Rewards, you can earn WestJet Dollars for every dollar you spent on the ticket, vacation packages, and car rentals.
You can also earn these dollars by shopping with partner retailers or using a WestJet RBC credit card.
Tiered Membership Levels
WestJet Rewards offers four membership levels: Teal, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
You can move up to higher membership levels by earning qualifying flight spend. Or by achieving qualifying segments.
As higher your level, as much the benefits like priority boarding, free checked bags, etc.
Redeeming WestJet Dollars
You can redeem WestJet Dollars for flights, vacation packages, car rentals, seat upgrades, and more.
WestJet Rewards also offers a feature called Member Exclusive fares, which are exclusive discounts available only if you are a member.
WestJet Rewards membership allows you to earn and redeem rewards with its partner airlines and hotels.
WestJet partners are Delta Air Lines, Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Best Western hotels, etc.
Bonus Offers and Promotions
WestJet Rewards frequently gives bonus offers and promotions. For instance, WestJet Dollars for booking a certain number of flights or completing a specific activity.
You can also earn bonus WestJet Dollars by completing surveys or participating in other activities.
If you are a platinum member of WestJet Rewards. Then you are bound to get elite services with the highest level of perks and benefits.
The WestJet flights earn rate for you will be 8%. Select your seats in advance, have unlimited lounge access, and enjoy a range of priority services.