Southwest Airlines is known for its lenient policies and excellent services. There are some situations where the airlines do not allow you to check in for your flight via online method. Do not panic, Southwest online check in not working has many reasons and you can address this directly to the airlines.
Many people ask, Why is Southwest not allowing me to check in online? We will learn all the possible reasons and also look for the best solutions for it here in this blog. So make sure to stick with us till the end to learn more about the circumstance.
Reasons For Which Southwest Does Not Allow Online Check-in
It is important to learn why you are being restricted from southwest check-in online to find the solution to the problem. If you encounter anything like Southwest check-in not working remember that there are various reasons why Southwest does not allow passengers to check in online, here we will be discussing them all-
- Checking in Too Early- Southwest Airlines online check-in opens starting 24 hours before the flight departure. Any passenger trying to check in before that time period will encounter an error and will be unable to check in.
- Entering Incorrect Information- While being in a hurry, sometimes, you enter incorrect information like confirmation number and first and last name. This will result in an error and you will have to check the information entered to correct it and confirm your check-in.
- Problem with Website or App- Sometimes due to high traffic during flight hours, the app or website might crash or the server might not respond. So in such a situation do not attempt back-to-back. Try after sometimes and you might be able to check in when the rush is low.
- Special Fare Type- The problem with a person traveling on military or senior citizen fare will have to be verified by visiting the counter only, so online check-in will not be available for them.
- Traveling with Pet- You may be traveling with a pet. Southwest does not allow pets to be checked in online. You will need to check in at the airport and pay a pet fee. For more details you can read about Southwest pet policy.
- Traveling with Minor- You may be traveling with a child under the age of two. Southwest does not allow children under the age of two to be checked in online. You will need to check in at the airport and pay a fee for a car seat.
- Connecting Flights- You may be traveling with a connecting flight. If you have a connecting flight, you will need to check in for both flights at the same time. You can do this online or at the airport.
- Change of Plans- You may have a change of plans. If your flight has been canceled or delayed, you will need to check in again. You can do this online or at the airport.
Resolution For This Problem
If you encounter any problem with the website, obviously like Southwest online check-in not working, here are the steps to follow to fix it.
Clear your browser's cache and cookies. This can sometimes fix problems with websites if you are unable to check in.
To clear your browser's cache and cookies, follow these steps:
- Open your browser.
- Click on the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Internet Options."
- Click on the "Delete Browsing History" button.
- Select the "Cache" and "Cookies" checkboxes.
- Click on the "Delete" button.
Usually, this must solve your problem, or else you can try using a different browser. If you are using Chrome, try using Firefox or Safari. If you are using Firefox, try using Chrome or Safari.
If you are checking in on your computer, try checking in on your phone or tablet. If you are checking in on your phone, try checking in on your computer.
Try checking in from a different location. If you are checking in from home, try checking in from work or from a library. If you are checking in from work, try checking in from home or from a library.
Here are some additional tips to help you with Southwest app check-in not working-
- Usually, if there is any update with the app or the website, you might encounter such problems. However, the developers will likely update users about the update via the website or the app.
- Sometimes the server might get overflooded with traffic, more than it can handle. So you need to wait in order to try checking in again.
- If any of these steps do not work, contact Southwest Airlines customer service for helping you out immediately.
The problem with your check-in is mostly temporary if it is from the side of the airline. However, it might also be your fault so make sure to check every possible thing mentioned above.
This blog is dedicated to confronting and solving your problem of checking in online, so make sure to identify the problem correctly to make sure you imply the right solution.