Are you planning a group trip with more than 10 people? But confused about the best airline that will offer the best group reservation program? If yes, then no need to be more confused. Because Southwest Airlines got you covered. This airline is one of the most popular low-cost airlines in the US. The group reservation service of this airline is just amazing.
So, without any further ado, let's delve into the Southwest Airlines group reservation program in detail below.
Overview of Southwest Group Booking
Southwest Airlines' group travel program is for you if you're traveling in a group of 10 or more people. The program provides discounted fare tickets and more flexibility to make your trip more convenient, inexpensive, and enjoyable.
Through its specialized Group Travel Reservations Centres, groups have access to get exclusive reductions on listed pricing. Additionally, there are no expiry dates, minimum stay limits, or Saturday night stays.
Benefits of Southwest Group Booking
Southwest Airlines offers a variety of group travel discounts, including:
- A 10% Southwest Airlines group fare discount for all passengers
- A free round-trip ticket for every 29 passengers
- Unlimited name changes up to 72 hours prior to departure
Southwest Airlines also offers a variety of group travel amenities, including:
- Priority boarding
- Complimentary snacks and drinks
- Access to the Southwest Airlines Club
Here are some benefits that you can get from Southwest Airlines Group Booking;
Groups of 10 or more passengers can receive a discount fare on Southwest flights. The discount can vary depending on the time of year and the destination, but it can be as much as 50% off the regular fare.
No upfront payment will be required to make a group reservation. Groups can make payments in installments up to 60 days prior to the flight departure day.
No booking, ticketing, or change fees
There are no booking, ticketing, or change fees for group reservations, which means the group can change their travel plans without paying any additional charges.
Unlimited name changes
With the Southwest Airlines Group Booking program, you will get unlimited name change benefits. This means you can apply for the name change up to 72 hours before the flight departure time.
This will be helpful if someone in your group needs to cancel or change their travel plans.
Earn roundtrip tickets
Southwest Group Reservation Program offers that for every 29 group tickets bought one tour conductor ticket will be free of carrier charges. However, taxes and fees will be applicable. This ticket can be used by the tour conductor to travel with the group.
Who is eligible for Southwest Group Booking?
If you want to apply for group booking then here are the eligibility requirements for Southwest Airlines Group Booking:
- The group must consist of 10 or more people.
- All passengers in the group must be traveling on the same itinerary.
- The group must book their Southwest flights at least 14 days in advance.
- The group must pay for their flights in full at the time of booking.
- School Groups, Religious Groups, Family Groups, and Sports Groups are also eligible.
How to book a Southwest Airlines Group?
To make a group booking with Southwest Airlines, you can follow these steps:
Determine the Group Size
Southwest Airlines considers a group to be 10 or more passengers traveling together on the same flight.
Contact Southwest Airlines
Reach out to Southwest Airlines' Group Travel Department directly by calling their dedicated phone number. You can find the contact information on Southwest Airlines' official website.
When speaking with a representative, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Number of passengers in your group
- Departure and arrival cities
- Preferred travel dates and times
- Whether you need any specific requirements or preferences
Flexible Fare Options
Southwest Airlines offers flexible fare options for group bookings, including discounted fares. The representative will provide you with details on the available options and fares for your group.
Payment and Reservation
Once you have finalized the details, the Southwest Airlines representative will guide you through the payment process and assist you in making the reservation for your group.
How to Make Payment For Southwest Airlines Group Bookings?
- Submit Deposit: After your initial booking, a $50 per person deposit may be needed to hold a place. The deposit can only be paid for using a credit card.
- Submit Final Payment: To pay over the phone with a credit card, UATP, or PayPal before the final payment due date, call 1-800-433-5368 if you have already submitted a complete name list (for international travel, name templates must contain Passport details). If paying by wire transfer, contact GroupTravel@wnco.com by phone or email at least seven working days before the final payment deadline to get specific information on how to send your wire transfer.
What are the Southwest Group Travel Policies?
Before you proceed with the Group Booking, there are some policies that you should be aware of. Let’s have a look below;
- The cost of deposits does not go towards the cost of tickets. Once the final payment and tickets have been issued, deposits will be returned within five business days. Any additional processing time needed by the credit card company will affect deposit refunds. Your reimbursement could arrive in two statements or more.
- Each Group Ticket is non-refundable once it has been purchased. Group tickets are not transferable, standby, changeable, or exchangeable.
- For group reservations, credit cards, PayPal, UATP, and wire transfers will all be allowed as payment methods. The only method of payment accepted for deposits is credit cards.
- For group reservations, eChecks, Southwest LUV Vouchers, Southwest gift cards, and flight credits won't be accepted as payment methods.
- No paper tickets will be supplied for group travel; all tickets will be issued electronically.
- Up to 72 hours before departure, name changes are allowed without restriction for group reservations.
- It is not possible to add EarlyBird Check-In to tickets bought as part of a Group itinerary.
- If you are taking a Group Travel itinerary, you can reserve your boarding place online. However, you will not get a Southwest boarding pass until 24 hours before your scheduled departure time.
- Prior to receiving a boarding pass and moving past the security checkpoint to your departure gate, a Customer Service Agent or kiosk at the ticket counter must verify your passport if you are traveling internationally.
Can My Group Do Online Check-in?
Yes, you along with your group can do online check-in 24 hours before the flight departure time. However, the procedure to complete the check-in is a bit different than the non-group check-in. Details are given below;
For the Group Traveling Domestically
- Browse the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Then click on the "Check-in" option to reserve the boarding positions.
- After that, you have to enter the confirmation number and first and last name of any one of the travelers from the group.
- Then, you will get an option to proceed with the check-in for the group or for only some specific passengers.
- After the successful completion of the check-in procedure, passengers along with their respective boarding positions will be screened on the display (one at a time).
- After arriving at the airport, the check-in passenger can get the boarding pass from the ticket counter.
For the Group Traveling Internationally
Go to the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- And then search for the “Check-in” option to get the boarding positions.
- Then click on that option and enter the confirmation number and first and last name of any one passenger.
- For international flights, you will be able to proceed with the check-in procedure for only one passenger at a time.
- To complete the check-in process, a valid passport and emergency contact details will be needed.
- After completing the procedure, for the first traveler, you have to repeat all the above-mentioned points for other passengers as well.
- On day the of flight boarding, each passenger can get their boarding pass from their designated airport’s ticket counter. However, all the passengers are obliged to show their passports to get the boarding pass.
Some Additional Details About Southwest Airlines Group Booking
1. Contact Southwest Airlines group travel phone number at 1-800-433-5368. This service is activated from Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to midnight Central Time.
2. Provide the following information:
- The date and time of your flight
- The origin and destination airports
- The number of passengers in your group
- The names and contact information of all passengers
3. Southwest Airlines will then provide you with a quote for your group flight.
4. Once you have accepted the quote, you will need to make a deposit of 10% of the total fare.
5. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to your flight.
So, here was all the details about Southwest Airlines Group Booking. If you are planning to travel with a group of 10 or more people then Southwest would be the best choice.
I hope this blog was helpful to you. In case, you still have some queries, then you can connect with the airline’s customer desk without being charged.